Disappointing Auto focus in low light and manual focus feature
1145 11 2017-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
s0n1c87
lvl.1
Singapore

I have my Mavic Pro for about 3weeks now. I'm really disappointed on how the Mavic focus on low light, once the light is dim, the focusing just never sems to be accurate. The manual focus isnt helping much on this case, zooming up to 2.0X isnt close up enough to see the focus. I hope DJI can have an improvement firmware on the manual focus feature such as increase the digital zoom to 4.0x or 5.0x or include the focus distance(meter) in the manual focus, now is just some unlabel bar showing for focus distance adjustment. Seriously no one can tell which distance we are focusing at just by looking at bar without labels.
2017-2-22
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Post some vids opf the issue.
2017-2-22
Use props
s0n1c87
lvl.1
Singapore

Out of focus 1
2017-2-22
Use props
s0n1c87
lvl.1
Singapore

">
2017-2-22
Use props
s0n1c87
lvl.1
Singapore

">
2017-2-22
Use props
s0n1c87
lvl.1
Singapore

">
2017-2-22
Use props
s0n1c87
lvl.1
Singapore

All those are the out of focus photo I'm getting due to the inaccurate AF and the not very helpful manual focus.
2017-2-22
Use props
SkyMemories
lvl.3
Flight distance : 139967 ft

Malaysia

Waiting for mavic 2 =)
2017-2-23
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

I've had similar frustrations in low light. The camera seems to really struggle to lock in AF, and I find using the MF slider to be very difficult. I'm hoping that the Focus Peaking feature that just made it into the Android app will make things easier, but I've yet to try it in low light.
2017-2-25
Use props
s0n1c87
lvl.1
Singapore

Jason Lane Posted at 2017-2-25 04:57
I've had similar frustrations in low light. The camera seems to really struggle to lock in AF, and I find using the MF slider to be very difficult. I'm hoping that the Focus Peaking feature that just made it into the Android app will make things easier, but I've yet to try it in low light.

focus peaking isn't helping much for me. Really hope DJI can do something about this in their new firmware. The feeling sucks to reach home thinking you got the shot but when view on com its out of focus.
2017-2-27
Use props
Nole4life80
lvl.2
Flight distance : 298737 ft
United States

I'm having the same issue. Center focus using she button on the back and tap to focus aren't working in less than bright light and there is that weird slide to focus bar on the screen which you can't dial in quite right..... everything was fine up until the update....
2017-2-27
Use props
s0n1c87
lvl.1
Singapore

Nole4life80 Posted at 2017-2-27 08:25
I'm having the same issue. Center focus using she button on the back and tap to focus aren't working in less than bright light and there is that weird slide to focus bar on the screen which you can't dial in quite right..... everything was fine up until the update....

Definitely hope their DJI rep can passby this thread and raise the issue to their backend thing to make the AF works better.
2017-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules