red status bar when no camera attached
1703 15 2015-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dennis
lvl.3
United States

The center status bar tha tis usually green and says ready to fly turns red and says no signal when my camera is not attached.  GPS reads normal in the settings and I have all my satalite bars.  Is this normal ? anybody else get this ?
2015-2-22
Use props
screenwes
lvl.1

United States

Yes, mine won't give GPS ready to fly without the camera attached
2015-2-22
Use props
mhervey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 324843 ft
United States

I have the same issue... even when my camera is connected!  Camera connection is lost shortly after turning on the aircraft.  
2015-2-22
Use props
dennis
lvl.3
United States

mhervey Posted at 2015-2-23 02:58
I have the same issue... even when my camera is connected!  Camera connection is lost shortly after  ...

Thanks for the input  !!
2015-2-22
Use props
ATN INSPIRE1 HU
lvl.1

Hungary

The Inspire will not work without the camera attached. Without the attached camera the status led is blinking red and the DJI Pilot app shows battery error. Always turn off the drone before attaching the camera.
2015-2-24
Use props
InspiredOne
lvl.3

United States

ATN INSPIRE1 HU Posted at 2015-2-25 03:38
The Inspire will not work without the camera attached. Without the attached camera the status led is ...

I flew mine on Saturday without the camera attached.
2015-2-24
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

Everyone who has a inspire should learn to fly without the app. Do not rely on the app for everything. One day you loose the app signal and you will not know whow to bring the bird back home.
2015-2-24
Use props
dennis
lvl.3
United States

InspiredOne Posted at 2015-2-25 05:28
I flew mine on Saturday without the camera attached.

do you get the same errors ?
2015-2-25
Use props
UM305
lvl.3

United States

Any problem!
2015-02-01 18.01.53 (2).jpg
2015-2-25
Use props
InspiredOne
lvl.3

United States

dennis@aerialpe Posted at 2015-2-25 20:22
do you get the same errors ?

Yes, I did. I just presumed it was referring to the signal for the camera. I took off, flew around without any mishaps and landed.

The only reason I tried this was I saw a video with another I1 being piloted without the camera. So I gave it a try.
2015-2-25
Use props
dennis
lvl.3
United States

Thanks, I was a little worried about the errors and did not want any issues during flight.  
2015-2-25
Use props
dennis
lvl.3
United States

InspiredOne Posted at 2015-2-25 21:54
Yes, I did. I just presumed it was referring to the signal for the camera. I took off, flew around ...

I appreciate the input.
2015-2-25
Use props
Acidsnow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13 ft
Canada

funny, DJI told me to send in my controller for repair because I get the same error with "Battery Error" on my android when no camera attached (but not on my ipad)  -- I'm still trying to figure out if I should go out of my way to ship it back to them or if this is really normal????
2015-2-25
Use props
ATN INSPIRE1 HU
lvl.1

Hungary

With the new firmware, i have tried to fly the inspire without the camera attached and everything was fine. Without any battery issue.
2015-4-23
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

Yes ... This is normal!

I have been flying ALOT like this ... Without ANY problems what so ever!
Someone stated that the Inspire wont work without the camera ... This is WRONG!
Everything works exactly the same without the camera mounted ... the only difference is that you don't get any video feed

For you others that is having problems with error messages regarding battery ... This is NOT normal (mine is working just fine)!
Just to be clear ... I am on the iOS platform!
2015-4-23
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

Obviously photoshopped !!!
2015-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules