1382 30 2017-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mariuss
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2480515 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Any inputs on good or bad on this picture? Pretty new to editing pictures..

https://ibb.co/k9SOGF

2017-2-25
Use props
fivetonine
lvl.4
Flight distance : 985135 ft
  • >>>
Austria

A nice shot, for me a bit too saturated and/or too much blue. Try adding some magenta into your white balance. Did you do that wit your Phantom?
2017-2-25
Use props
shayward
lvl.1
Flight distance : 104163 ft
Canada

Hi there. I know it is tempting to over saturate at times, but it is very obvious to me and goes into the realm of "Fake" looking. Please note this is only an opinion which you requested. I very much like the composition.
2017-2-25
Use props
Augustus Brian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 397592 ft
United States

Mariuss:

I'm looking at this on my tablet; it may appear different on my desktop, but, if you can add just a bit of blur to only the waves(not the sky), it might smooth out their apparent choppiness.

Keep Smiling,

Augustus
2017-2-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I love the color, thanks for sharing.
2017-2-25
Use props
Mariuss
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

fivetonine Posted at 2017-2-25 07:50
A nice shot, for me a bit too saturated and/or too much blue. Try adding some magenta into your white balance. Did you do that wit your Phantom?

Thank you! Tried to ease on the saturation but agreed on a bit too much! Took it with the P4 yes.
2017-2-25
Use props
Mariuss
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

shayward Posted at 2017-2-25 07:52
Hi there. I know it is tempting to over saturate at times, but it is very obvious to me and goes into the realm of "Fake" looking. Please note this is only an opinion which you requested. I very much like the composition.

Looking back at the original i completely agree! But as you say its very tempting with some extra saturation!
2017-2-25
Use props
Mariuss
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Augustus Brian Posted at 2017-2-25 09:03
Mariuss:

I'm looking at this on my tablet; it may appear different on my desktop, but, if you can add just a bit of blur to only the waves(not the sky), it might smooth out their apparent choppiness.

We dont like choppiness? I'm new to editing so feel free to explain me this ! Thank you
2017-2-25
Use props
Mariuss
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-25 11:35
I love the color, thanks for sharing.

Thanks Jamie!
2017-2-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

I would not touch a thing, it looks great for the current fashion of orange and teal.
2017-2-25
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

It looks like there is a lot of digital noise. What was your ISO?
2017-2-25
Use props
Mariuss
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Geebax Posted at 2017-2-25 18:33
I would not touch a thing, it looks great for the current fashion of orange and teal.

I think it looks nice with the strong colors too,  in fact I didn't saturate that much!
2017-2-26
Use props
Mariuss
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

KM5RG-Robert Posted at 2017-2-25 19:02
It looks like there is a lot of digital noise. What was your ISO?

Can't recall exact! Think 400-800
2017-2-26
Use props
Augustus Brian
lvl.4
United States

Mariuss:

The 400-800 ISO would explain the choppiness. Higher ISOs provide "better" exposures at the considerable expense of quality. Most photographers seldom venture above 100 or 200. Quality suffers beyond that, in most prosumer grade devices.

Keep Smiling,

Augustus
2017-2-26
Use props
Mariuss
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Augustus Brian Posted at 2017-2-26 07:05
Mariuss:

The 400-800 ISO would explain the choppiness. Higher ISOs provide "better" exposures at the considerable expense of quality. Most photographers seldom venture above 100 or 200. Quality suffers beyond that, in most prosumer grade devices.

Didnt have much choice as it was VERY dark already. But I guess it's reccomended to adjust in post in stead of turning up the ISO?
2017-2-26
Use props
Augustus Brian
lvl.4
United States

Mariuss:

Can't do much with a high ISO in post, unless you shoot RAW, and even then... GIGO

You need a good quality starting image.

Look for information on aperture, shutter speed, iso, e, and their relationships with the taken (electronic) image.

If you want to simplify your learning curve, start with info on film photography(same terms as above, except for e). To fully understand the basics.

Keep Smiling,

Augustus
2017-2-26
Use props
Mariuss
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Augustus Brian Posted at 2017-2-26 09:15
Mariuss:

Can't do much with a high ISO in post, unless you shoot RAW, and even then... GIGO

Thanks for the tips! But i meant by my last post the same as you, that an low ISO to start with is the best

2017-2-26
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
United States

Mariuss Posted at 2017-2-26 02:05
Can't recall exact! Think 400-800

Better to keep the ISO low (100 if possible), and use a longer shutter speed. Also if you shoot in RAW you can get better adjustments in post.
Take a bunch of images and you should find some usable ones.
If you shoot in RAW and have to use ISO 200 or 400 you can usually reduce the noise in post a fair amount.
These small sensors just don't do well with higher ISO or low light.
2017-2-26
Use props
Mariuss
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

KM5RG-Robert Posted at 2017-2-26 17:46
Better to keep the ISO low (100 if possible), and use a longer shutter speed. Also if you shoot in RAW you can get better adjustments in post.
Take a bunch of images and you should find some usable ones.
If you shoot in RAW and have to use ISO 200 or 400 you can usually reduce the noise in post a fair amount.

Noted! Wont RAW require more post as i feel it's quite flat to begin with? What is the difference between RAW and JPEG from a practical standpoint?
2017-2-27
Use props
TheDennisWagner
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136273 ft
United States

I like it. Looks great.
2017-2-27
Use props
Augustus Brian
lvl.4
United States

Mariuss Posted at 2017-2-27 00:13
Noted! Wont RAW require more post as i feel it's quite flat to begin with? What is the difference between RAW and JPEG from a practical standpoint?

Mariuss:

Compression.

Keep Smiling,

Augustus
2017-2-27
Use props
chainmon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3268566 ft
  • >>>
United States

Marius, here are your setting that you took the shot at...

you asked for feedback, Love the sky, sunset, and clouds. I like ROT's But as a photog, rules are meant to be broken, so if you love the comp, that is great. Here is your meta data of your image.  

[url=https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8skTpCaa0xAMk0tLTB3YU9IaWc]
2017-2-27
Use props
chainmon
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

chainmon Posted at 2017-2-27 05:30

you asked for feedback, Love the sky, sunset, and clouds. I like ROT's But as a photog, rules are meant to be broken, so if you love the comp, that is great. Here is your meta data of your image.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8skTpCaa0xAMk0tLTB3YU9IaWc
2017-2-27
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
United States

Mariuss Posted at 2017-2-27 00:13

If you want the ability to adjust after the shot (post) with the highest quality, then you need to shoot in RAW and use the appropriate software. If none of that is important to you, then JPG will be good. You can make a few adjustments in the GO app that will affect how the JPG  image appears.  
As far as software goes for POST, I use Lightroom.
2017-2-27
Use props
Mariuss
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Thanks!
2017-2-27
Use props
Mariuss
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

chainmon Posted at 2017-2-27 05:30

Thanks chainmon! How and where did you get the meta if i may ask?

-Marius
2017-2-27
Use props
Mariuss
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

KM5RG-Robert Posted at 2017-2-27 06:52
If you want the ability to adjust after the shot (post) with the highest quality, then you need to shoot in RAW and use the appropriate software. If none of that is important to you, then JPG will be good. You can make a few adjustments in the GO app that will affect how the JPG  image appears.  
As far as software goes for POST, I use Lightroom.

Thanks Robert! Will try some shots in both RAW & Jpeg next flight
2017-2-27
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
United States

Mariuss Posted at 2017-2-27 09:22
Thanks Robert! Will try some shots in both RAW & Jpeg next flight

In low light what I do is just slow the shutter down until the image is close to what I want.  You can generally bump it up some in post when shot in RAW but if you push it too much you will get noise from that as well. You can reduce noise levels in Lightroom a certain amount. I shoot a bunch of photos at that shutter setting and look for ones with the best sharpness. The Phantom does not move too much when hovering, especially in light winds (and best when the winds are steady). Most of the time you are not looking for daylight lighting anyway at night which is what the auto setting will be trying for so definitely want to shoot in manual.
2017-2-27
Use props
Mariuss
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

KM5RG-Robert Posted at 2017-2-27 14:02
In low light what I do is just slow the shutter down until the image is close to what I want.  You can generally bump it up some in post when shot in RAW but if you push it too much you will get noise from that as well. You can reduce noise levels in Lightroom a certain amount. I shoot a bunch of photos at that shutter setting and look for ones with the best sharpness. The Phantom does not move too much when hovering, especially in light winds (and best when the winds are steady). Most of the time you are not looking for daylight lighting anyway at night which is what the auto setting will be trying for so definitely want to shoot in manual.

Thank you for some great tips! Have been struggling with the windy conditions and shutterspeeds in the evening, but have gotten some great pictures (imho). As for shooting in auto i have almost never gotten good results! Any experience with HDR?
2017-2-27
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
United States

Mariuss Posted at 2017-2-27 14:30
Thank you for some great tips! Have been struggling with the windy conditions and shutterspeeds in the evening, but have gotten some great pictures (imho). As for shooting in auto i have almost never gotten good results! Any experience with HDR?

Have not played with HDR much in the Phantom or my DSLR.
2017-2-27
Use props
chainmon
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mariuss Posted at 2017-2-27 09:21
Thanks chainmon! How and where did you get the meta if i may ask?

-Marius

if you go into photoshop-->file-->file info

2017-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules