2752 24 2017-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gallacherboy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 778209 ft
United Kingdom

Hey guys

After charging a 2 week old battery, I noticed all 4 lights burning as if the battery was on. I monitor my battries charging and I diconnected the battery and it seems to turn itself on when its fully charged. Never heard of this happening, this happened to 1 of 3 of my batteries. My solution was to turn off the battery like you were to switch it off.

Anyone had the same thing happen? I checked all 3 of my batteries on the DJI Go 4 app, I connect the Controller to the aircraft and then once its connected, I open DJI Go 4 and I will click on the DJI button on top left, which takes you to the Equipment Page. The App check the firmware and all 3 of my batteries are updated.

Anyone could please add to this?

Many thanks
2017-2-25
Use props
ngvuanh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 159820 ft
United States

Since you have 3 batteries, it is easy to figure out which one is dead. Once you confirm it, contact DJI for service or replacement.
2017-2-25
Use props
Gallacherboy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

ngvuanh Posted at 2017-2-25 09:25
Since you have 3 batteries, it is easy to figure out which one is dead. Once you confirm it, contact DJI for service or replacement.

The battery works fine, I am just curious to how it switched itself on after fully charging. If it happens again, then I would contact DJI Support.
2017-2-25
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

This happened to a guy a month or so ago.  Do a search here (search function isn't the best).  Sorry, I do not know the outcome.
2017-2-25
Use props
Gallacherboy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-2-25 09:38
This happened to a guy a month or so ago.  Do a search here (search function isn't the best).  Sorry, I do not know the outcome.

Thanks for your input, much appreciated
2017-2-25
Use props
4wd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have one does this sometimes (but not always) -  it behaves normally in use, I wouldn't worry.
2017-2-25
Use props
geofox784
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1482175 ft
United States

How long since you used it? Maybe its auto discharging?
2017-2-25
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

geofox784 Posted at 2017-2-25 12:28

Auto-discharge was my first thought, but it shouldn't happen after charging, only after timing out at whatever setting is configured for auto-discharge.

OP: Are you sure you didn't just accidentally turn it on through handling?
2017-2-25
Use props
Gallacherboy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-2-25 12:47
Auto-discharge was my first thought, but it shouldn't happen after charging, only after timing out at whatever setting is configured for auto-discharge.

OP: Are you sure you didn't just accidentally turn it on through handling?

I am very sure I did not switch it on before I charged it but yes a good point. Its been charged about 4 times, fairly brand new so i wouldn't think its discharging. A battery discharging while on charge. If it continues I will contact DJI Support, thanks
2017-2-25
Use props
Gallacherboy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

geofox784 Posted at 2017-2-25 12:28

Discharging while on charge, highly doubt it but a good point. Thanks
2017-2-25
Use props
Gallacherboy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

4wd Posted at 2017-2-25 11:35
I have one does this sometimes (but not always) -  it behaves normally in use, I wouldn't worry.

Thanks for your comment, I would agree, as long as the performance is not affect why worry.
2017-2-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

The battery performs fine, please do not worry about it.
Please use DJI Assistant 2 to refresh the firmware with the problem battery,, turn off when it finished. Downgrade the Mavic with that battery to 000 version, after finished then upgrade it to the latest version, it should be fine.
2017-2-25
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Read this https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=84995&page=3&mobile=2#pid698476
2017-2-25
Use props
Sidonsoft
lvl.1
Flight distance : 514039 ft
Australia

Happened to me on one of my 3 batteries, only used the battery a few times.  I installed it into the Mavic, used the refresh firmware option on DJI assistant.  Powered up the drone, went for a flight to test,  when it landed the battery turned off as normal and I put it back on the charger and it is fine now.
2017-3-1
Use props
bitboy0 - mavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 212201 ft
Germany

as @hungdang stated correctly: this can be "repaired" with a complete downgrade to the oldes available and then upgrade to the latest available FW with that battery inserted in the mavic.
2017-3-2
Use props
TekSone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 124226 ft
  • >>>
United States

There is another thread about this…https://forum.dji.com/thread-82953-1-1.html. I am having this exact issue. I thought maybe I did not turn off battery. I started charging the battery and looked at it a little later, all 4 light were on. I took it off of the charger and the lights stayed on, I thought maybe it froze.  I put it on the mavic and the mavic started right up. Not good. I pushed the button and sure enough it went off. Turned battery on and read the battery info in DJI Go 4. Turned off the battery, put it back on the charger, lights started blinking, I watched it like a hawk, after 5 minutes all 4 lights were stayed on. Took battery off of the charger and powered it down again. As someone posted in this thread, I am gonna refresh the firmware. Gonna give DJI a call, I just ordered it 12 days ago, haven't used this battery yet.
2017-4-22
Use props
blunt_blunt
Ban Posts

Australia

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-4-22
Use props
TekSone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 124226 ft
  • >>>
United States

blunt_blunt Posted at 2017-4-22 17:14
One of my batterys  had a similar problem.
Lights stayed on after charging.
1st problem i noticed was the RTH settings when using this battery were borked. It tried to RTH at the 30% while the two others worked as normal and only gave alarm.

I found the issue blunt_blunt. Link is not dead, the period at the end of the sentence is included with the link and it should not be. copy and paste link without period, works. But I fixed all of my batteries and just got finished posting my results on another thread. Can be found here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... mp;extra=#pid775361

Didn't put a period at the end of sentence above.

2017-4-23
Use props
Gallacherboy
lvl.2
Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-25 23:02
The battery performs fine, please do not worry about it.
Please use DJI Assistant 2 to refresh the firmware with the problem battery,, turn off when it finished. Downgrade the Mavic with that battery to 000 version, after finished then upgrade it to the latest version, it should be fine.

Hi Natalia,

Could you please step by step explain how to downgrade a batteries firmware. Whenever I turn on my Mavic on the home screen of DJI GO 4 it says it checking the battery information and it say its up to date.

Many thanks
2017-4-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Gallacherboy Posted at 2017-4-28 03:55
Hi Natalia,

Could you please step by step explain how to downgrade a batteries firmware. Whenever I turn on my Mavic on the home screen of DJI GO 4 it says it checking the battery information and it say its up to date.

You still have the problem on the battery?
2017-4-29
Use props
bomberuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

i also had it happen,fully charged but didnt turn of utill i pressed the button,its happeded twice in about 15 flights,dont think its anything to worry about ;)
2017-4-29
Use props
Gallacherboy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-29 00:27
You still have the problem on the battery?

Hi Natalia, gladly the battery does not switch on after a full charge, sorry I have taken a bit of time to get back to you. I was just curious because when the DJI Go 4 app connects to the craft it checks the version of the battery and it always prompted that it was up to date. Thank you for following up with me, I have been monitoring the charging process closely so I could report back with solid info. Many thanks again
2017-5-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Gallacherboy Posted at 2017-5-13 15:15
Hi Natalia, gladly the battery does not switch on after a full charge, sorry I have taken a bit of time to get back to you. I was just curious because when the DJI Go 4 app connects to the craft it checks the version of the battery and it always prompted that it was up to date. Thank you for following up with me, I have been monitoring the charging process closely so I could report back with solid info. Many thanks again

You have the latest firmware for the battery, so you got the message it as up to date.
Everything performs fine, right? If yes, there is no need to worry about it.
2017-5-15
Use props
Gallacherboy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-15 00:20
You have the latest firmware for the battery, so you got the message it as up to date.
Everything performs fine, right? If yes, there is no need to worry about it.

Battery is performing fine, Charges fine. Does not switch on anymore after a full charge. Many thanks for following up on this Natalia
2017-5-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Gallacherboy Posted at 2017-5-15 03:43
Battery is performing fine, Charges fine. Does not switch on anymore after a full charge. Many thanks for following up on this Natalia

Very glad to hear that, hope you enjoy it and have great time on flying!
2017-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules