So I got my Mavic
673 6 2017-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Loganx1121
lvl.1
United States

Had it for about 2 weeks now.  This thing is amazing.  Super responsive in sport mode even though I tuned it down.  My friends and coworkers can't believe how much I paid for it, but they also can't believe how stable it is and how well it flies.  Takes great video and great pictures.  All in all, my favorite item I've ever bought.  It's super reliable (so far) and I've had it out a little under 2000 feet distance.  Honestly don't have the you know what to take it further than that.  It's a very intelligent machine also.  Soon as I get the "radio interference" or some sort of warning I always hit RTH and it comes right back.  For almost 1400 bucks I wanna be careful with it, but I love that it is smart enough to tell me when something is up.

The other day I was flying and got a "battery over voltage discharge" warning or something like that.  RTH and when it came back as I had it far out I landed it myself manually.  Come to find out I didn't have the battery in all the way.  Stupid me, but the drone was smart enough to tell me something was wrong.

I love this thing.  It is absolutely awesome, responsive, fast, and just great.  
2017-2-25
Use props
geofox784
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1482175 ft
United States

The battery wasn't in all the way? How far was it out?
2017-2-25
Use props
Loganx1121
lvl.1
United States

geofox784 Posted at 2017-2-25 12:28
The battery wasn't in all the way? How far was it out?

The right side was sticking out just a little not fully clipped in.  I flew it for about 5 minutes no issues.  Then put it in sport mode and pushed the left stick and right stick fully up to do a fast climb and that's when I got the error.
2017-2-25
Use props
Trent Mavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1098924 ft
United Kingdom

You sure it wasn't fully in. That warning can be sort of common when really pushing the Mavic in a climb while going full forward
2017-2-25
Use props
bolero
New

Canada

Trent Mavic Posted at 2017-2-25 13:56
You sure it wasn't fully in. That warning can be sort of common when really pushing the Mavic in a climb while going full forward

I just got my Mavic too. Does anyone knows if it allows multiple user. My son want to use it too with his own login and profile..
2017-2-25
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I'm pretty sure that was an "over current" error, not over voltage.  Full throttle can do that.  You're pushing it too hard.
2017-2-25
Use props
Loganx1121
lvl.1
United States

Trent Mavic Posted at 2017-2-25 13:56

Positive it wasn't fully in.  Once I landed it, it was clearly seen the battery wasn't flushly inserted.  I put it in properly and kept flying.
2017-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules