2429 14 2017-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Erez2GO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 180341 ft
Canada

Hello,

I have the Mavic for about a month and I started to notice that when i fold the left front arm , theres a noise from one of the front arms and the arm also has a slight shack at the same moment it clicks.
I thought that it night be the cable , but it looks like more of a the mechanical machanizam.
The arm when completely extended seem to be locked and firm and i received no error on the app screen once flying. But since this is a UAV I dont want to risk with a mid flight problem with one of the arms that might cause it to fail and drop

Can you please review the video i took and advice if this is an issue that would require a fix?

http://sendvid.com/4fl08lu6

Thanks

2017-2-25
Use props
JimmyC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 65814 ft
United States

Sounds like both arms make noise.
2017-2-25
Use props
Erez2GO
lvl.2
Canada

JimmyC Posted at 2017-2-25 20:45
Sounds like both arms make noise.

I can hardly hear the other arm , Im concern that the once with the more noticed noise also shake a bit when you extend it.
2017-2-25
Use props
Erez2GO
lvl.2
Canada

No reply from DJI representatives?
2017-2-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry Erez2GO, I'm not able to access to your link. Could you please upload the video to dropbox or YouTube?
2017-2-26
Use props
Erez2GO
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-2-26 23:51
Sorry Erez2GO, I'm not able to access to your link. Could you please upload the video to dropbox or YouTube?

Hi Mindy , ive tried the link and its working.

Can you please try again and if its not working for you , ill upload it to youtube.

http://sendvid.com/4fl08lu6

thanks
2017-3-3
Use props
Erez2GO
lvl.2
Canada

Youtube link -
2017-3-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Erez2GO Posted at 2017-3-3 21:29
Youtube link - https://youtu.be/WQWQsIMGW5g

Sorry for the late reply.
I have checked your video. For your flight safety, I'd suggest you to send it in for further evaluation.
2017-3-6
Use props
gmsniper
New

Singapore

Hi, I also have the same issue with the right arm, with the clicking sound and vibration across the arm when folding / unfolding. The left arm is fine.

I didn't noticed this until a friend told me about this issue and asked me to check in the forum for help.   

I have activated the drone on the 4 Mar and found out this issue a couple of days ago on 12 Mar. Immediately emailed the DJI support once I got home but no replies as yet.
I'm based in Singapore and to be honest, I'm a bit worried about the warranty coverage for this.  
2017-3-13
Use props
Essence
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15833 ft
Singapore

gmsniper Posted at 2017-3-13 18:51
Hi, I also have the same issue with the right arm, with the clicking sound and vibration across the arm when folding / unfolding. The left arm is fine.

I didn't noticed this until a friend told me about this issue and asked me to check in the forum for help.   

Hey there,

We do have a local DJI Authorized service center in Singapore, you can try heading there straight for a check to be done on your MP. That should be faster than waiting out on emails.

http://www.singahobby.com/

Give us an update on how it goes.
DJI SC.png
2017-3-13
Use props
gmsniper
New

Singapore

Essence Posted at 2017-3-13 19:35
Hey there,

We do have a local DJI Authorized service center in Singapore, you can try heading there straight for a check to be done on your MP. That should be faster than waiting out on emails.

Thanks for the link but I don't think they will cover warranty related repairs, especially those which are within the 14 days period, no?  From my understanding, they do chargeable repairs.
2017-3-13
Use props
Essence
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15833 ft
Singapore

gmsniper Posted at 2017-3-13 21:23
Thanks for the link but I don't think they will cover warranty related repairs, especially those which are within the 14 days period, no?  From my understanding, they do chargeable repairs.

Honestly I'm not sure on that, but if DJI appointed them, I would assume they must have some kind of responsibility to that? Maybe you can give them a ring?

2017-3-13
Use props
gmsniper
New

Singapore

Essence Posted at 2017-3-13 23:59
Honestly I'm not sure on that, but if DJI appointed them, I would assume they must have some kind of responsibility to that? Maybe you can give them a ring?

Just tried calling, they asked me to contact DJI support if it is inside the warranty period. They will start the process. Any DJI staff can help on this? TIA
2017-3-14
Use props
gmsniper
New

Singapore

Essence Posted at 2017-3-13 23:59

Just tried calling, they asked me to contact DJI support if it is inside the warranty period. They will start the process. Any DJI staff can help on this? TIA
2017-3-14
Use props
Erez2GO
lvl.2
Canada

Just to update you , i received an email from DJI (following sending my unit to the repair center)  that they are acknowledging the issue that i had with the folding arm and it is under the warranty for repair. I had no doubt that this would be considered under warranty as this was a brand new item for me and seem to be  a manufacture defect.   I recommend that you send your Mavic for further inspection by DJI center in Singapore.  
2017-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules