Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
SCREEN FREEZING
2605 26 2017-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phantom 4 pro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21552 ft
United States

I have some problems with my PHANTOM 4 PRO . When I am changing P4P camera setting my screen (IPAD AIR )  is freezing   . i DID software refresh on Phantom 4 pro , callibrate everything but still having that  problem  
2017-2-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Did the freezing issue only happened when changing the camera settings?
Could you please clarify your current DJI GO version?
Please try to reinstall the DJI GO app and make sure do not have any programs running in the background.
2017-2-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Please answer Mindy's inquiries at your earliest convenience.
2017-2-27
Use props
Phantom 4 pro
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-2-27 22:09
Please try to reinstall the DJI GO app and make sure do not have any programs running in the background.

Good Morning
Not only when changing the camera setting . It happen more when I use maps , just click on map and right away it gets some freezing . Also sometimes it says " NO IMAGE TRANSMISSION "
I use 4.0.4 GO 4 version
I already reinstall GO 4 app . I did all updates on Phantom 4 pro and Controller .
It helps
But when I whant to look on maps it freeze little bit . That live view can freeze anytime when I use GO 4 app
2017-2-28
Use props
Phantom 4 pro
lvl.2
Canada

2017-02-20 13.46.20.PNG
2017-2-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Phantom 4 pro Posted at 2017-2-28 07:01
Good Morning
Not only when changing the camera setting . It happen more when I use maps , just click on map and right away it gets some freezing . Also sometimes it says " NO IMAGE TRANSMISSION "
I use 4.0.4 GO 4 version

Thank you for your kindly reply.
Could you please try to change the frequency from 2.4G to 5.8G?
Besides, do you have another mobile device to test with?
2017-3-1
Use props
Phantom 4 pro
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-1 00:13
Thank you for your kindly reply.
Could you please try to change the frequency from 2.4G to 5.8G?
Besides, do you have another mobile device to test with?

Have changed frequency but it doesnt make a big change . and I do not have another mobile device
2017-3-1
Use props
fans7efcc3c6
lvl.2
Hungary

Same problem here.
P4P, Ipad Air,  lost video signal , drone 15 meter from me.
But in 1 meter video was laggy, 2-3 sec dropped.

2017-3-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Phantom 4 pro Posted at 2017-3-1 06:35
Have changed frequency but it doesnt make a big change . and I do not have another mobile device

Maybe you could borrow your friend's mobile device to have a test?
Just want to rule out if it's the issue with the aircraft itself.
2017-3-2
Use props
Phantom 4 pro
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-2 03:50
Maybe you could borrow your friend's mobile device to have a test?
Just want to rule out if it's the issue with the aircraft itself.

I will try .. Thanks I also Enable " Hardware decoding" and it gets almost perfect .. No freezing works really good  at least when I changing Camera settings )
But Apple Maps in GO 4 app  still freezing sometimes
2017-3-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Phantom 4 pro Posted at 2017-3-2 04:43
I will try .. Thanks I also Enable " Hardware decoding" and it gets almost perfect .. No freezing works really good  at least when I changing Camera settings )
But Apple Maps in GO 4 app  still freezing sometimes

Please test more and keep us posted.
2017-3-4
Use props
Cmnz16U3XmaM
New
  • >>>
South Africa

Hi. I am having issues with my dji p3, p4 and Inspire 1. Regardless of distance the screen keeps freezing. I have tried multiple deviced. Yesterday it was working okay on the P3 and then froze again.  Thanks to that I now have a written drone. Last year the p4 decided out of the blue to not connect to the control add it thought it was a p3. A superior product? They certainly not cheap and should work for that price. These sorts of flaws post danger to onlookers too
2017-4-26
Use props
kykphantom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-2-27 22:09

I have similar (if not the same) issue. Although the Control Signal is strong 4-5 bars all the way, the Image Transmission Signal is very weak - sometimes no image signal at all, screen freezing.
I am using iPhone 6s plus with every single firmware/ios/software etc. at the latest versions.
Could you explain this please?
2017-4-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

kykphantom Posted at 2017-4-26 22:29
I have similar (if not the same) issue. Although the Control Signal is strong 4-5 bars all the way, the Image Transmission Signal is very weak - sometimes no image signal at all, screen freezing.
I am using iPhone 6s plus with every single firmware/ios/software etc. at the latest versions.
Could you explain this please?

Could you please clarify your Phantom model? Phantom 4 Pro?
Please try to go to another open area to test again.
Besides, please enter transmission settings to see if there's interference around.
2017-4-27
Use props
kykphantom
lvl.4
Cyprus

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-27 00:10
Could you please clarify your Phantom model? Phantom 4 Pro?
Please try to go to another open area to test again.
Besides, please enter transmission settings to see if there's interference around.

Yes, it is a Phantom 4 Pro. I tested it in other area but the behavior is the same - Control signal strong all the time but the Image signal at some instances weak, some other instances strong, and some other instances the screen goes totally blank.

For your suggestion to enter transmission settings, can you be more specific please?
2017-4-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

kykphantom Posted at 2017-4-27 00:55
Yes, it is a Phantom 4 Pro. I tested it in other area but the behavior is the same - Control signal strong all the time but the Image signal at some instances weak, some other instances strong, and some other instances the screen goes totally blank.

For your suggestion to enter transmission settings, can you be more specific please?

Sorry for my late reply.
Here is the screenshot for your reference. HD.jpeg
2017-5-3
Use props
kykphantom
lvl.4
Cyprus

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-5-3 19:20
Sorry for my late reply.
Here is the screenshot for your reference.[view_image]

How do you understand if there is interference around?
2017-5-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

kykphantom Posted at 2017-5-4 00:24
How do you understand if there is interference around?

If the channel is unstable, then there's interference around.
2017-5-4
Use props
GoodmanRP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4344974 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Since when in the latest version DJGO4 is "Chanenel mode AUTO -CUSTOM"  ??
Noticed that DJI GO4 chooses only "high" channels above 15 why ??

Tema
2017-5-4
Use props
kykphantom
lvl.4
Cyprus

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-5-4 00:49
If the channel is unstable, then there's interference around.

Dear Mindy, what you see are some bars (red, green, blue) going up and down all the time. So, how do you recognize that the channel is unstable?
2017-5-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

kykphantom Posted at 2017-5-4 03:53
Dear Mindy, what you see are some bars (red, green, blue) going up and down all the time. So, how do you recognize that the channel is unstable?

That means there's interference around, the channel is unstable. Please try to fly in another open area.
2017-5-4
Use props
kykphantom
lvl.4
Cyprus

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-5-4 22:32
That means there's interference around, the channel is unstable. Please try to fly in another open area.

Dear Mindy, I have tried to fly to other areas, but always there is instability with the signal independently from site or distance (even few meters away)
2017-5-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

kykphantom Posted at 2017-5-4 23:39
Dear Mindy, I have tried to fly to other areas, but always there is instability with the signal independently from site or distance (even few meters away)

What about changing the work frequency from 2.4G to 5.8G?
2017-5-5
Use props
kykphantom
lvl.4
Cyprus

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-5-5 00:07

I don't have the answer for this. But the frequency mostly I use is the 2.4GHz since the 5.8 has very limited range.
2017-5-5
Use props
theGrindLab.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-5-5 00:07

Until a few days ago, I had the same issues as kykphantom no matter where I flew, how close/far the quad was to/from me, with at least 5 different mobile devices (including adequately powered Android and iOS based models), and no matter what settings I enabled/disabled in DJI Go 4. This had been going on since I first got my P4P. Then it suddenly about 6 days ago everything begin to work properly almost everywhere I flew under any conditions. I did not do any updates at that points, so it's not clear what changed. I am hoping the change is permanent. If not, I may need to send in my quad/RC for servicing. I know the P4P is a different beast from the P3 series, and that DJI Go 4 is different from DJI Go, but I never had these kinds of issues with any of my Phantom 3 quads flying in the same locations (or elsewhere) under the similar conditions. Also, I understand you likely have thousands of Phantom 4 Pros in the air with no issues. However, it seems more and more common that people are reporting issues like these on the various forums online. Perhaps not enough logs have been submitted or not enough quads have been returned to DJI for the issues to be resolved, but I no longer believe one can automatically assume the problems lie in the end-users' situations and mobile equipment.

A similar issue was posted just now:

Screen issues
2017-5-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

kykphantom Posted at 2017-5-5 01:25
I don't have the answer for this. But the frequency mostly I use is the 2.4GHz since the 5.8 has very limited range.

Please test more in different area, if the issue persists, please use screen recording app to make a short video. I'll help to report it.
2017-5-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

theGrindLab.com Posted at 2017-5-5 08:02
Until a few days ago, I had the same issues as kykphantom no matter where I flew, how close/far the quad was to/from me, with at least 5 different mobile devices (including adequately powered Android and iOS based models), and no matter what settings I enabled/disabled in DJI Go 4. This had been going on since I first got my P4P. Then it suddenly about 6 days ago everything begin to work properly almost everywhere I flew under any conditions. I did not do any updates at that points, so it's not clear what changed. I am hoping the change is permanent. If not, I may need to send in my quad/RC for servicing. I know the P4P is a different beast from the P3 series, and that DJI Go 4 is different from DJI Go, but I never had these kinds of issues with any of my Phantom 3 quads flying in the same locations (or elsewhere) under the similar conditions. Also, I understand you likely have thousands of Phantom 4 Pros in the air with no issues. However, it seems more and more common that people are reporting issues like these on the various forums online. Perhaps not enough logs have been submitted or not enough quads have been returned to DJI for the issues to be resolved, but I no longer believe one can automatically assume the problems lie in the end-users' situations and mobile equipment.

A similar issue was posted just now:

Thank you for your feedback.
Please test more. If the problem persists, please provide us with some videos for better assistance.
2017-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules