1624 6 2017-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd1d40f34
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1330495 ft
  • >>>
United States

What is the rule of thumb when removing then installing propeller mounts on a Phantom 4?  Other than removing the screws and taking off the old propeller mounts, then putting on new mounts (I'm doing so because I like the new spring mount in place of the original) then tightening the new screws, is there anything else needed?  Such as putting loctite on the screws?  Or, is just tightening sufficient?  Anything else?  I've never messed with any maintenance on my P4 in the past and don't want to overlook something everyone else may know.  Thanks!
2017-2-27
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

just a small amount of blue loctite on each screw is sufficient, and do not over tighten the screws, just good and snug
2017-2-27
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Just tighten the screws enough that they don't shake loose, and then use a permanent marker to put a line across the top and onto the mount so that you can easily check that they are not shaking loose in use.  Tighten them too much and you will put excessive stress on the plastic and threads which could cause a failure. Loctite shouldn't be needed but also wont do any harm.
2017-2-27
Use props
fansd1d40f34
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1330495 ft
  • >>>
United States

Grizz 1 Posted at 2017-2-27 09:33
just a small amount of blue loctite on each screw is sufficient, and do not over tighten the screws, just good and snug

If blue loctite is used, will it be possible to remove the mounts down the road for whatever reason?
2017-2-27
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

fansd1d40f34 Posted at 2017-2-27 10:26
If blue loctite is used, will it be possible to remove the mounts down the road for whatever reason?

There are different types of Loctite with different numbers, some will lock it permanently, some will undo easily.  Look up the specs if you are not sure.

However you are tightening it onto plastic, the same stuff used in nyloc nuts to lock them in place, so Loctite really isn't necessary, just make sure you check that they aren't undoing over the first few flights, tighten them further if they do,  and make sure that you don't get them too tight.
2017-2-27
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
United States

the blue loctite is the one to use. it is not permanent. the screws on the p4 , the metal screws attach to the top of the motors, which is also metal !
2017-2-27
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
United States

most of the replacement screws come already coated with the blue loctite, at least the ones from dji that i purchased do.
2017-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules