2145 15 2017-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ProQuad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20296870 ft
  • >>>
United States

Question for eveyrone including DJI-Ken or DJI-Whomever.

I had a P3P and installed the HDMI module on it and was able to connect a set of FatShark Dominator V3 with it and it worked flawlessly.  So I sold my P3P and got a P4 and with the module on it, the video signel was very poor, greed lines, black lines, etc.  I read a few of the forum's the the HDMI was affecting it and should be removed until there is a firmwere update to fix it.  Since then I sold the P4 and purchased the P4P.

It does not have the module on the remote and the question is, can I install the module (I have a new in sitting in a box) and have it NOT affect any video's or transmission, etc.?

I would like to use my FatShark's like I did on the P3P but if there are any issues as this time, then I will hold off.  Any insite from anyone with experince on the module and there P4P would be awesome.  Thanks

2017-2-27
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

You can install it but make sure they you do NOT damage the soft cable while you were removing and installing. Any damages and you will get the problem that you are prescribing!
2017-2-27
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Pro,

The dictum is that once an installation is done, you have to refresh or update the RC firmware to accept the new HDMI module.  The P4P, when used with the stock HDMI module provides 720p resolution, which is plenty for your FatShark Dom V3 goggles.  The P4 Pro + (plus) HDMI module is reputed to put out 1080p resolution.

The DJI Team has said numerous times that the stock HDMI module will work with the P4 Pro remote controller.  It is probably worth a shot.  But like Dronist says, be careful with the three cables.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-2-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Like Cetacean mentioned, you do need to ensure the firmware is still updated on the RC after installing the module.
2017-2-27
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-2-27 20:00
You can install it but make sure they you do NOT damage the soft cable while you were removing and installing. Any damages and you will get the problem that you are prescribing!

Dronist,  Thank you.  I have done this before on the P3P and I know how fragile those cables are.  Thanks.
2017-2-28
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-2-27 22:38
Aloha Pro,

The dictum is that once an installation is done, you have to refresh or update the RC firmware to accept the new HDMI module.  The P4P, when used with the stock HDMI module provides 720p resolution, which is plenty for your FatShark Dom V3 goggles.  The P4 Pro + (plus) HDMI module is reputed to put out 1080p resolution.

Cetacean,  All ways good to hear from you.  That makes sense....so I am assuming that in order to do this, I would need to downgrade then upgrade?
2017-2-28
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-27 23:56
Like Cetacean mentioned, you do need to ensure the firmware is still updated on the RC after installing the module.

DJI-Jamie,  All ways good to hear from you too.  Can you please send a link to either downgrading/upgrading the remote?  I think i know how but all ways a good idea for a refresher course.  Thanks again.
2017-2-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

ProQuad Posted at 2017-2-28 04:46
DJI-Jamie,  All ways good to hear from you too.  Can you please send a link to either downgrading/upgrading the remote?  I think i know how but all ways a good idea for a refresher course.  Thanks again.

I don't believe theres a DJI video for that. In sum, you would press and hold the menu option of the top-right corner of the Equipment page while only the RC is turned on and connected to the Go/4 app. After you've held it down, the option to downgrade would appear up to two firmware versions down at the most.
2017-2-28
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

ProQuad Posted at 2017-2-28 04:44
Cetacean,  All ways good to hear from you.  That makes sense....so I am assuming that in order to do this, I would need to downgrade then upgrade?

Aloha Pro,

Actually, the P4 Pro uses the Assistant 2 for updates and upgrades.  In the Assistant 2, there is a refresh function that should do the job.  If not that, and probably easiest, is Jamie's suggestion to use the upper right corner option that he explains.

Keep us informed on your progress.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-2-28
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-28 09:50
I don't believe theres a DJI video for that. In sum, you would press and hold the menu option of the top-right corner of the Equipment page while only the RC is turned on and connected to the Go/4 app. After you've held it down, the option to downgrade would appear up to two firmware versions down at the most.

Aloha Jamie,

At my age I probably forget more than I remember!  Your suggestion is one of them.  Mahalo!  I forgot about that option to upgrade firmware.  Do you think it will work to upgrade my DJI GO 4 app.  All I get are 4.0.2 downloads from the usual places and the ones that appear to link correctly do not get started for at least 15 minutes.  After 15 minutes, I figure it is not going to work.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.  Mahalo!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-2-28
Use props
AerialZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 52638 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-2-27 22:38
Aloha Pro,

This information is correct.  I have both P4P remotes and the standard with the HDMI module installed will output 720P while the Plus R/C outputs 1080P.  This has been tested on a broadcast TV switch.
2017-2-28
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

AerialZ Posted at 2017-2-28 15:22
This information is correct.  I have both P4P remotes and the standard with the HDMI module installed will output 720P while the Plus R/C outputs 1080P.  This has been tested on a broadcast TV switch.

Aloha Aerial,

Mahalo for the verification!  BTW, if you want your P4 Pro to put out 1080p, you can use a tablet with HDMI out.  That should last until the CrystalSky finally comes out.  My nVidia Shield K1 puts out an outrageous 1080p "Camera View" on the 8" screen and my auxiliary monitor.  I have $135 goggles with 1080p coming in a week or so.  That will have to hold me until the DJI Goggles with 1080p come out.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-2-28
Use props
Kavok
lvl.1

France

Hello,
I installed an hdmi module on the RC of my Phantom4Pro, hopping to have a clean video on an other monitor or to make live feed.
I am very disappointed because i discovered many problems:
The external monitor receive the video but:
• the video is not "clean", there is OSD datas on it that i don't know how to remove (?)
• the iPhone has no video at the same time
• the iPhone is not charging anymore ! (it was before...)
Any information welcome, thanks
2017-3-1
Use props
Kavok
lvl.1

France

Kavok Posted at 2017-3-1 01:39
Hello,
I installed an hdmi module on the RC of my Phantom4Pro, hopping to have a clean video on an other monitor or to make live feed.
I am very disappointed because i discovered many problems:

i reply to myself: the OSD and dual screen options are hidden in the HD menu ...
for the non charging usb i still don't know ...
2017-3-1
Use props
mrbill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 717100 ft
United Kingdom

AerialZ Posted at 2017-2-28 15:22
This information is correct.  I have both P4P remotes and the standard with the HDMI module installed will output 720P while the Plus R/C outputs 1080P.  This has been tested on a broadcast TV switch.

AerialZ, can you tell me what your installation steps were for your hdmi module? Having terrible trouble getting mine to work
2018-2-28
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

mrbill Posted at 2018-2-28 15:42
AerialZ, can you tell me what your installation steps were for your hdmi module? Having terrible trouble getting mine to work

Aloha mrbill ,

DJI and YouTube have good videos on the installation of the HDMI module.  It is not hard but the cables are delicate.  It is the refresh of the firmware that is also very important at the end.  Your problem may be that the installation went well, but you have not refreshed (or updated if possible) the firmware.  

The refresh or update brings the HDMI module into the system.  If you do not refresh the firmware, the system no longer recognized the USB or the HDMI ports.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules