Go App Disconnect Issue Since Update!
1034 15 2017-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ryan ONeill
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi Folks, I seriously need some assistance here before I go insane!

I was forced to take an update on the app last week when I went out for my regualr filming, I could not fly that day after travelling some distance, came home and updated it with WIFI.

I then went back out on Friday thinking we were set and was shoicked to discover that although it will give me a "camera enter" after I swipe to the craft, I am met with a "Disconnected" tab and black screen.

My phone that I use for the OSMO will not even give an enter camera mode for the drone and an additional device is likewise.

This has only occured since I was forced to take this new app update, the craft was flying perfectly fine the week previous on the old app. I am actually really angry at this!

So now what? Has anyone got any idea what to do now?

I can move the camera with the RC and that's about it

You are all my last hope here

2017-2-28
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

You might try uninstalling the app completely, then re-install it. If you still can't connect try to re-link. Does your RC show a Green LED or is it RED? You say you can move the camera so I going to guess it is Green. Can you start the motors? Do you by chance also have Litchi installed on your device?
2017-2-28
Use props
Ryan ONeill
lvl.1

United Kingdom

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-2-28 13:12
You might try uninstalling the app completely, then re-install it. If you still can't connect try to re-link. Does your RC show a Green LED or is it RED? You say you can move the camera so I going to guess it is Green. Can you start the motors? Do you by chance also have Litchi installed on your device?

Hi Ricardo,

It shows a green LED and Yes I can start the Motors too. I'm currently updating the firmware on the craft which has not been done since last one released. I have tried my Go App on my phone - mostly used for DJI OSMO - but it does not give enter camera on that one (Incidentally My OSMO is fine after that app updated)

I will retry first when Firmware updates then remove app? if no success?
2017-2-28
Use props
Ryan ONeill
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Now I get no camera enter option, only how to connect! The Craft is flashing yellow now after firmware update and the controller is a red led. I can not get in to link them in the app.

WTF!!
2017-2-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ryan ONeill Posted at 2017-2-28 14:15
Now I get no camera enter option, only how to connect! The Craft is flashing yellow now after firmware update and the controller is a red led. I can not get in to link them in the app.

WTF!!

Try a manual link.
Push the link button on aircraft, then hold down C1, C2, Video and you'll hear a beep then also press down the camera settings dial and that will put the RC into bind mode then it should link.
2017-2-28
Use props
Ryan ONeill
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Motors now do not work, the left stick makes the camera move slightly I did manually link the controller however. Still "how to connect" I give up! Thanks anyway
2017-2-28
Use props
Ryan ONeill
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-28 14:32
Try a manual link.
Push the link button on aircraft, then hold down C1, C2, Video and you'll hear a beep then also press down the camera settings dial and that will put the RC into bind mode then it should link.

Thank you Ken, I did never seen your post! I did this. Green light on controller again  now, no longer starts the motors after firmware update and now no enter camera option. Messaged DJI too
2017-2-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ryan ONeill Posted at 2017-2-28 14:33
Thank you Ken, I did never seen your post! I did this. Green light on controller again  now, no longer starts the motors after firmware update and now no enter camera option.  Messaged DJI too

When you have the RC powered on and plug in your device do you see a charge indicator on your device? And what is the device?
2017-2-28
Use props
Ryan ONeill
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-28 15:14
When you have the RC powered on and plug in your device do you see a charge indicator on your device? And what is the device?

Yes, shows like it's charging up at battery on tablet and it's a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3. Like I say, it's flown the drone before it made me update the app. I went out one day and It would not let me fly till I clicked the update from web.

I need to go sleep on it, been at this for hours and late now

I do appreciate the help fully.
2017-2-28
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

When you reinstall the app, first delete it, clear internet cache and cookies, reboot the device and reinstall the app.
Sync your previous flight first, if you want to keep them.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-28
Use props
kerrylaw
lvl.2

United States

I had the same issue, in that all I got was "the DJI app has quit unexpedly!  Report or quit".  Something like that.   Reset my ASUS tablet to factory specs and downloaded ne DJIGO app.   I was running 2.4.3, but had to update to 3.1.3.   App now runs.  Of course, I had to update my RC, FW and battery also.  Now on latest of everything.  MAY be ok, but my video is breaking up some.  Not happy about that.  Rooted my tablet and removed as much as I can.  Hoping tomorrow it will be better when I go test it.
2017-2-28
Use props
kerrylaw
lvl.2

United States

I had the same issue, in that all I got was a small black tab that said … ”the DJI app has quit unexpedly!  Report or OK”.  Something like that.   So I reset my ASUS tablet to factory specs and downloaded the new DJIGO app.   I was running 2.4.3, but had to update to 3.1.3.   App now runs.  GOOD!
   Of course, I had to update my RC, FW and battery also.  Now on latest of everything.  MAY be ok, but my video is breaking up some.  Not happy about that.  Rooted my tablet and removed as much as I can to make it maybe run faster.  Hoping tomorrow it will be better when I go test it.What are the versions of what you are running?
  LATEST

DJIGO APP                                 3.1.3
Phantom VERSION                1.10.90
RC CONTROLLER                        1.8.0   
2017-2-28
Use props
Ryan ONeill
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks Guys, I'm going to reset the tablet to factory settings now and start from scratch.

I updated to the latest firmware on the craft last night. The RC I do not know as I can not get into anything to check The App is the latest, as said I was forced to update as it would not let me fly without doing so couple of weeks back.

Brought it all home, updated the App, went out to location last Friday and would not connect.

Until I Updated the Firmware - which I may do again to make sure it's ok - I could start the motors as well as Move Gimble, Now I can not start the motors and the left stick actually slightly makes the gimble move :O

This is the most irritating situation ever haha  So many people have had similar problems too but yet to find something solid to work with. Lots of people are saying it was after they updated the app. Crazy stuff!
2017-2-28
Use props
HWCM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

If it is showing that the tablet is in charge  when it is connected to GO, you need to change it to something else. As is, you phone is not transmitting or receiving data, it is only charging. Connect everything and use the pulldown menu on your tablet, tap where it says USB Charging, then choose MIDI or anything other than Charging.
2017-2-28
Use props
Ryan ONeill
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi HWCM, massive thanks and I'm getting further here, it seems to be set to MIDI. I must update for others too.....

OK

I found a video on Youtube where it said to download an older firmware for the RC (even though the app is supposed to do this) So I downloaded it, put it on a pen drive and the RC updated. Rebooted everything and CAMERA MODE and video feed is back.

Obviously it says Firmware unstable now, so It's currently updating via app now..... will update when done
2017-2-28
Use props
Ryan ONeill
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Final Update! It's working now! Thank you everyone for the input! Obviously I will go out and fly today and ensure all is well.

So......

After Last App Update it stopped working and would not connect or show camera view.

I had to update to the latest Firmware on the Craft.
I had to update to an older Firmware via USB into RC (Not sure if newest would have worked)
I then got Camera View back BUT warning about unstable of Firmware
Used App to update this to latest and Motors came back and all data available in app now!

Just need a test flight later.

My conclusion is older Firmware causing problem with newest version of app.

Other steps were reinstall of app and hard reset of tablet, however these never solved the problem till RC was updated with firstly an older version of firmware then the latest via the app. All downloads are on the main DJI Site. This is the video that cracked it for me.....

2017-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules