1826 21 2017-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
anima
lvl.2
Flight distance : 232802 ft
India

Hey guys looking for some help.
My Phantom 4 Sometime GO UP With out my command some time go down!!
when AC go up RC Stick down AC Come down very very very slowly....
It happend above 50 to 60m Hight.
check the video please...
first video AC goes up suddently from 66m. to 148m

https://youtu.be/JTBn2cIKEf8
Second AC Down suddently 26m. to 7m.
https://youtu.be/mjmtDWVGZFw

2017-3-1
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

First thing to try would be to calibrate the RC (a two minute job).

In DJI Go 4 click on 'Remote Controller Calibration' which is in the 'Remote Controller Settings' menu. Move sticks in all directions several times followed by the left hand gimbal wheel to carry out calibration.

You don't have a gimbal guard fixed to the bottom of the landing gear do you ?
2017-3-1
Use props
anima
lvl.2
India

Aardvark Posted at 2017-3-1 04:02
First thing to try would be to calibrate the RC (a two minute job).

In DJI Go 4 click on 'Remote Controller Calibration' which is in the 'Remote Controller Settings' menu. Move sticks in all directions several times followed by the left hand gimbal wheel to carry out calibration.

Thank you for you replay.
I Calibrated AC AND RC Before fly.
there is no Gimbal guard fixed.
Indoor AC  stable. it happened above 50m high..
2017-3-1
Use props
anima
lvl.2
India

2017-3-1
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

anima Posted at 2017-3-1 04:14
Thank you for you replay.
I Calibrated AC AND RC Before fly.
there is no Gimbal guard fixed.

The VPS (Visual Positioning System (cameras & ultrasonic on base of aircraft)) will help to stabilise the aircraft up to 10m from the ground.

The five calibrations are:-

1) Sensors:- calibrated using 'DJI Assistant 2' from Here. Calibraton of the sensors has been know to sort out altitude problems for some.

2) IMU (Must be done on a level surface)

3) Gimbal (just after IMU)

4) RC (Done with aircraft off)

5) Compass (Initially in an open area with no sources of magnetic interference, thereafter when prompted by DJI Go to calibrate).
2017-3-1
Use props
anima
lvl.2
India

Aardvark Posted at 2017-3-1 04:22
The VPS (Visual Positioning System (cameras & ultrasonic on base of aircraft)) will help to stabilise the aircraft up to 10m from the ground.

The five calibrations are:-

All these Calibration Successfully done.

2017-3-1
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

anima Posted at 2017-3-1 04:27
All these Calibration Successfully done.

Are you using latest firmware & Application ?

If so then a factory reset or firmware refresh on aircraft may help (Done using DJI Assistant 2).
2017-3-1
Use props
anima
lvl.2
India

Aardvark Posted at 2017-3-1 04:31
Are you using latest firmware & Application ?

If so then a factory reset or firmware refresh on aircraft may help (Done using DJI Assistant 2).

Yes. AC 1.2.602
RC 1.8
IOS DJIGO 4.
I can't  downgrade to previous version..
2017-3-1
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

It's normal for it to bob up and down a little bit.. Looking at your video your downward speed is good.. You don't want to come down to fast or else you will end up crashing because the aircraft will get caught up in it's own (vortex ring state)..
2017-3-1
Use props
anima
lvl.2
India

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-3-1 04:42
It's normal for it to bob up and down a little bit.. Looking at your video your downward speed is good.. You don't want to come down to fast or else you will end up crashing because the aircraft will get caught up in it's own (vortex ring state)..

both video AC Go up and down with out my command.that is the issue.
2017-3-1
Use props
anima
lvl.2
India

check this flight log AC Altitude go up when RC throttle down at 100%.

2017-3-1
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

anima Posted at 2017-3-1 05:21

Wow, that is crazy!! You definitely have something weird going on. From the previous video I could not see your stick input..
2017-3-1
Use props
fans95824758
lvl.2
Flight distance : 994216 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Hi, I had the same problem as yours when I bought my phantom 4. I did all the possible calibrations and downgraded and upgraded firmware but any effects. I recommned you to contact with dji support and explain the problem. I think it has to be with the barometer, because the altitude was also not correctly displayed on the dji go app.
2017-3-1
Use props
fans95824758
lvl.2
  • >>>
Spain

Hi, I had the same problem as yours when I bought my phantom 4. I did all the possible calibrations and downgraded and upgraded firmware but any effects. I recommned you to contact with dji support and explain the problem. I think it has to be with the barometer, because the altitude was also not correctly displayed on the dji go app.
2017-3-1
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

anima Posted at 2017-3-1 05:21

https://youtu.be/0lwMYnS822A

Check that your RC is in the correct 'mode' i.e. mode 2.In 'Remote Controller Settings' menu check 'Stick Mode', it should be 'Mode 2', this should be checked and set if needed with all connected and powered up.
2017-3-1
Use props
anima
lvl.2
India

fans95824758 Posted at 2017-3-1 06:37

solve your issue?
2017-3-1
Use props
anima
lvl.2
India

Aardvark Posted at 2017-3-1 07:03
Check that your RC is in the correct 'mode' i.e. mode 2.In 'Remote Controller Settings' menu check 'Stick Mode', it should be 'Mode 2', this should be checked and set if needed with all connected and powered up.

yes, Mode2 ..
2017-3-1
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try to reset the RC:

* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter (top right button nearest antenna) on the controller and hold until it beeps, then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.

You may need to relink aircraft to the RC by performing the following;

* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button (top left button) on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD.
*Let go all fingers, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.
2017-3-1
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

I have a P4 also.  My altitude as shown on GO is all over the place.  Some days it's better and almost perfect (Almost, or within a few feet.), and other days it's way off in what it reports.  Sometimes it says the P4 is flying underground.

Have you tried the other GO version?  If you are using GO 4 try the older GO 3 and see what happens.  I'm using GO 3 as my GO 4 seems more erratic to me in its operation.

I'll add even using an autonomous flight controller, the visual altitudes vary a lot even though the screen shows the flight on their screen is level and wavering by 2-3 feet.  Don't get what is happening with these things, but they ain't perfect.  Somewhere deep in the programming I suspect there is something influencing the bad numbers, and it's been hiding in their SDK kit too and giving the autonomous flight controllers issues.

I haven't read if the P4 Pro/+ has something different than the P4 with regards to the barometer inside them or perhaps different firmware which might make them more accurate in flight and reported numbers.

Good luck!
2017-3-1
Use props
RUDIMAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1145554 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hmm I returned my P4  to the shop because of altitude problems.  When the P4 is cold  (first couple of minutes) everything seems fine..But after a couple of minutes the altitude goes like crazy.. I end up with negative altitudes like -51 meters!   I don't think its software related, because when i restart even with fully loaded batteries its still very much off. But when i let the P4 cool down its normal again for the first couple of minutes.
2017-3-1
Use props
fans95824758
lvl.2
  • >>>
Spain

I sended it back to dji sat.
2017-3-1
Use props
anima
lvl.2