12Next >
3715 44 2017-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Njw83
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89767 ft
United Kingdom

Just crashed... gutted.. and my hand hurts and is all cut up from trying to pick it up as it was buzzing around on the floor and wouldnt shut down.

Time to find out how good (and how expensive) DJI's repair service is
2017-3-1
Use props
Njw83
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Has anyone had to send back a crash damaged mavic yet? how was the service. I don't have the dji refresh package
2017-3-1
Use props
Njw83
lvl.3
United Kingdom

looks like the gamble is definitely broken (its snapped and is just hanging by wires). No other signs of damage but I guess they will check the motors etc?
2017-3-1
Use props
Njw83
lvl.3
United Kingdom

spoke to an authorised repaired in the UK.. looking like £300 to replace the gimbal but they don't even have stock yet
2017-3-1
Use props
fans90d4f438
lvl.3
Flight distance : 451335 ft
United States

flying inside is rarely...a good idea. Especially for beginners.
Rule #1 of RC flying: altitude (and lots of space)..are your friends.
2017-3-1
Use props
Njw83
lvl.3
United Kingdom

fans90d4f438 Posted at 2017-3-1 07:19
flying inside is rarely...a good idea. Especially for beginners.
Rule #1 of RC flying: altitude (and lots of space)..are your friends.

err... I was outside. where did I say I was inside?
2017-3-1
Use props
NMURPHY4
lvl.2

United States

Crashed mine a few weeks ago so i know what u going thru.

IF you want any kind of speed on this, i spent a few bucks and overnighted it TO DJI...

Now from there it gets interesting. They checked in the drone pretty quickly but it took a while for "repair" to be complete.

With dji refresh you looking at either a replacement or refurb.  Times wildly vary on people getting drones back. So get familiar w that manual while your drne is gone. thats what i did. My drone is due back tomorrow even tho tracking says delivered today (on DJI's site) UPS says delivery for tomorrow

Case Accepted Feb/14/2017 03:11:01ReceivedFeb/16/2017 08:07:01Damage AssessedFeb/16/2017 09:05:00Payment ReceivedFeb/18/2017 02:29:01 RepairedMar/01/2017 06:04:37Product deliveredMar/01/2017 06:10:04
2017-3-1
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

NMURPHY4 Posted at 2017-3-1 07:29

IF you want any kind of speed on this, i spent a few bucks and overnighted it TO DJI...

That is NOT bad compare to other people!
2017-3-1
Use props
rydfree41
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

RE: crashed... broken gimble and who knows what else!

You couldn't shut down the motors ?  Did you try the Emergency shutdown procedure with the transmitter sticks as in the manual ?
2017-3-1
Use props
Njw83
lvl.3
United Kingdom

thanks for the replies. I spoke to a couple of UK agents (both apparently DJI approved) and one said £325 for a new gimbal inc return shipping, presuming nothing else is damaged, and the other said around £400..

Should I use these UK agents or just go through the DJI website... which seems to want me to return it to the Netherlands.

I will definitely take out the DJI refresh after this expensive mistake (am I right in understanding that the DJI refresh covers user error crashes)
2017-3-1
Use props
Kiffkool
lvl.4
Flight distance : 812808 ft
United Kingdom

I don't think you can purchase Dji refresh out side a certain time limit after original purchase date of Mavic.
I could be wrong though .
2017-3-1
Use props
fans909a8d2d
lvl.1
United States

Njw83 Posted at 2017-3-1 07:20
err... I was outside. where did I say I was inside?

I think because your said "floor" instead of "ground" in your post.
2017-3-1
Use props
Njw83
lvl.3
United Kingdom

rydfree41 Posted at 2017-3-1 07:48
You couldn't shut down the motors ?  Did you try the Emergency shutdown procedure with the transmitter sticks as in the manual ?

yes but I was in a panic so I may not have done it properly or for long enough ... I just panicked and tried to pick it up.... won't be doing that again
2017-3-1
Use props
Njw83
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Kiffkool Posted at 2017-3-1 07:53
I don't think you can purchase Dji refresh out side a certain time limit after original purchase date of Mavic.
I could be wrong though .

looks like you can by sending them a video basically showing its working perfectly and showing all the serial numbers.
2017-3-1
Use props
NMURPHY4
lvl.2

United States

dronist Posted at 2017-3-1 07:42
That is NOT bad compare to other people!

for sure. I had alot of time to read other peoples horror stories, Just wanted to give the guy some information.
2017-3-1
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 174262 ft
United States

This isn't bad at all. I miss my drone already. I just it out last night.
2017-3-1
Use props
Rick-Becco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 48146 ft
United States

Case Accepted Feb/13/2017 15:49:00
UPS Delivered On:    Thursday,  02/16/2017 at 11:08 A.M. = & it was Signed in by DJI at this time then it took days to be received:

Received Feb/21/2017 15:54:45
Damage Assessed Feb/21/2017 16:49:00
Free Of Charge Feb/21/2017 17:41:21

Repaired Feb/28/2017 13:01:53
Shipping Preparation
It will take 1-2 working days for shipment confirmation after the repair is complete. Please wait patiently.

Still waiting for shipping out?
The DJI Staff here in the Forums have been great in keeping me in the loop.
2017-3-1
Use props
Rick-Becco
lvl.4
United States

Just got my tracking number for UPS.
2017-3-1
Use props
Njw83
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Rick-Becco Posted at 2017-3-1 10:18
Just got my tracking number for UPS.

What was broken on yours and how much did the repair cost?
2017-3-1
Use props
DevonDrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 71716 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Njw83 Posted at 2017-3-1 10:29

Hi,

Mine went back for repair under warrenty for a new camera and gimbal, though i didnt have to pay they still sent an invoice which I thought may be of help/interest to you.

Jim.
cost.jpg
2017-3-1
Use props
Njw83
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DevonDrone Posted at 2017-3-1 11:03
Hi,

Mine went back for repair under warrenty for a new camera and gimbal, though i didnt have to pay they still sent an invoice which I thought may be of help/interest to you.

Hmm... thank you. cheaper than I have been quoted for the repair in the UK. I might just send it back to DJI after all.
2017-3-1
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

NMURPHY4 Posted at 2017-3-1 09:24
for sure. I had alot of time to read other peoples horror stories, Just wanted to give the guy some information.

and some hope...
2017-3-1
Use props
Rick-Becco
lvl.4
United States

Njw83 Posted at 2017-3-1 10:29

Dear Customer,
Your product sent back qualifies for repair under warranty.  Repair will be finished within three to five business days.
Invoice
Customer:        Rick
Case No:        CAS-4
DJI Care Balance:        0.00(USD)
Quote Date:         02-22-17
Remarks:         Dear Customer, This product will be covered under warranty. For more information, please visit (http://www.dji.com/service/policy). - DJI North America

Item        Quantity        Unit Price(USD)        Total Price(USD)
Mavic Pro Gimbal & Camera        1        179.00        179.00
Service Charge        1        65.00/H        65.00
Freight:                        0.00
Total Amount:                        244.00
DJI Care deduction:                        0.00
Total Payment:                        0.00

Their has been a lot of talk about gimbals that stop working properly. The Weak Link!!
I was getting 2 errors on startup about a Motor  & the Gimbal.
That was on 2-13-2017 & I should get it back on Monday 3-1-17 not the fastest repair when the work order shows only 1 hour needed for the repair. Every step of the way it is 2-3 days before the next step.
Yes I am happy that it was covered but not about the time it took.
2017-3-1
Use props
NMURPHY4
lvl.2

United States

jeebs-9 Posted at 2017-3-1 09:48
This isn't bad at all. I miss my drone already. I just it out last night.

you crashed it last night? Mines actually not here yet, due to be here tomorrow. (its 2:21 AM) here. I cant sleep lol
2017-3-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry to hear about your crash. Did you get in touch with our tech support?
They will guide you to send it in.
Besides, you can check main part prices and service fees here:  https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/PriceQuery
2017-3-2
Use props
Njw83
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-2 00:49
Besides, you can check main part prices and service fees here:  https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/PriceQuery

Thanks. Yes I've seen that webpage now so I will book the repair today. Are you able to tell me if the gimbal control ribbon cable is included when replacing the whole gimbal?

Thank you.
2017-3-2
Use props
Njw83
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-2 00:49

also if the actual gimbal is ok but its just the mounting bracket and ribbon control cable that are damaged... will they just replace those parts rather than the whole gimbal? Looking at it close just now, that looks like the extent of the damage.
2017-3-2
Use props
Njw83
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Also please confirm what I need to return. I spoke to someone online this morning at DJI who said just the mavic body (no battery) but on the service repair pages it said about sending the remote controller as well?
2017-3-2
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 174262 ft
United States

NMURPHY4 Posted at 2017-3-2 00:19
you crashed it last night? Mines actually not here yet, due to be here tomorrow. (its 2:21 AM) here. I cant sleep lol

That's the problem... It crashed itself. I put a new propellers on it. And it was hovering for more than a minute. The gimbal was acting up. So I started to bring it down. And soon as I told it to land. The propeller flew off. And the drone crash head first crashing the gimbal. It snapped off (hanging by the wires.) The motors were still going. I had to manual shut them (with the sticks).  

I sent it back with hopes that this is a warranty problem. But I guess I'll find out. The flight record shows exactly what happen. I should of sent back overnight. I can take the waiting.
I sent everything back.
2017-3-2
Use props
jumpingjets
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31043 ft
United States

Dude, your case is so fast, my case was accepted on 1/28, and they mailed out the replacement 2 days ago (2/28).. I live on the east coast, so add up one week each for mail in and mail out
2017-3-2
Use props
jumpingjets
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31043 ft
United States

Rick-Becco Posted at 2017-3-1 10:14
Case Accepted Feb/13/2017 15:49:00
UPS Delivered On:    Thursday,  02/16/2017 at 11:08 A.M. = & it was Signed in by DJI at this time then it took days to be received:

Yes, DJI-Jamie is very helpful
2017-3-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Njw83 Posted at 2017-3-2 04:13
Also please confirm what I need to return. I spoke to someone online this morning at DJI who said just the mavic body (no battery) but on the service repair pages it said about sending the remote controller as well?

Hi Njw sorry to hear of your crash, think your doing the right thing shipping back to dji. Once you get case number they will organise courier to pick it up, they will also send you instructions what to send back, make an inventory of what you are sending and keep a copy for yourself and insert another into your package with details of what you think is wrong.
They will assess and give you a price which you will have to agree on once you have done this they will repair or send you a refurbished Mavic. It should only take two weeks and I think it won't cost as much as you were quoted. Good luck hope it works out for you..
2017-3-2
Use props
NMURPHY4
lvl.2

United States

jumpingjets Posted at 2017-3-2 08:55
Dude, your case is so fast, my case was accepted on 1/28, and they mailed out the replacement 2 days ago (2/28).. I live on the east coast, so add up one week each for mail in and mail out

WEll yeah because i paid to overnight it to them, and when they sent it back it came 2 day UPS as a courtesy they said
2017-3-2
Use props
13MStang
lvl.3
Flight distance : 892749 ft
United States

I too had crashed my drone back in January.  took 1 week to ship from NY to California, 1 week to inspect, repair, test and 1 week to ship back, so i was without Mavic for 3 weeks.

The gimble on my drone was hanging on by a thread (dangling) but they did not need to "replace" it.  The drone did not have DJI refresh, so i paid out-of-pocket (U.S. funds).  see below for repair analysis.
Overall, i was EXTREMELY pleased with the repair and service.  I basically got back a new drone, including all new props and new wall charger.
Screen Shot 2017-03-02 at 3.06.47 PM.png
2017-3-2
Use props
Njw83
lvl.3
United Kingdom

13MStang Posted at 2017-3-2 12:07
I too had crashed my drone back in January.  took 1 week to ship from NY to California, 1 week to inspect, repair, test and 1 week to ship back, so i was without Mavic for 3 weeks.

The gimble on my drone was hanging on by a thread (dangling) but they did not need to "replace" it.  The drone did not have DJI refresh, so i paid out-of-pocket (U.S. funds).  see below for repair analysis.

Excellent.. I'm REALLY hoping mine will need something like this. I tested it more today and it takes off and flies perfectly and the image is still coming through on the controller. Its just the gimbal is hanging by 1 wire (I'm guessing the video wire) and the ribbon cable has broken (I'm guessing this is the control wire) and there is a slight crack on the arm of the gimbal but I think thats actually just a cover.

What I REALLY don't want is for them to replace my camera (unless it does prove to be damaged) because I've read so many stories of people getting back cameras that are blurry and mine is actually pretty well focused across the image!
2017-3-2
Use props
Njw83
lvl.3
United Kingdom

rydfree41 Posted at 2017-3-1 07:48

Just following up on this... I just looked at the flight data saved on my phone from my little incident and I 100% pulled both sticks to the lower corners (as you would to start the drone up) but only for 1 second.. I guess I needed to do it for longer.

In the panic of not wanting the poor little thing buzzing around on the ground I didn't hold them longer and then instinctively tried to pick it up.
2017-3-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Njw83 Posted at 2017-3-2 04:13

I'm not sure about what need to be replaced. Our engineers will help to evaluate the drone and let you know what need to be replaced or repaired.
If there's nothing wrong with the controller and battery, then you can only send in the aircraft.
2017-3-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

jeebs-9 Posted at 2017-3-2 08:36
That's the problem... It crashed itself. I put a new propellers on it. And it was hovering for more than a minute. The gimbal was acting up. So I started to bring it down. And soon as I told it to land. The propeller flew off. And the drone crash head first crashing the gimbal. It snapped off (hanging by the wires.) The motors were still going. I had to manual shut them (with the sticks).  

I sent it back with hopes that this is a warranty problem. But I guess I'll find out. The flight record shows exactly what happen. I should of sent back overnight. I can take the waiting.

Our engineers will help to analyse the flight data and let you know what could have caused the issue.
If you have any further query about your case, please feel free to let me know.
2017-3-4
Use props
Njw83
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Well according to UPS my Mavic has just arrived back with DJI in the Netherlands.... lets see how long the inspections and repair process take now..
2017-3-7
Use props
fans20a8ce9a
New
Flight distance : 111745 ft
Singapore

Anyone with experience on service support in Asia? My Mavic went rogue on me and flew away on its own two days ago.. found it a few mins later but damage was already done to the Gimbal and one leg had some cracks too.. there is only one official service center in Singapore and they are charging me $100 to send it to China for repairs!
2017-3-7
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules