LEDs in restricted zone
1065 2 2015-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scott
New

Australia

Hi there,

I'm flying my P2V+ in a restricted area (not a no fly zone).  The park I am in is around 8km from an airport and as such I am limited to flying to an altitude of 120m or less.  No issues!  I can't see the drone very well at less than that height anyway

I am, however, getting an interesting sequence of flashing lights.  I get 3 or 4 green flashes (e.g. a slow pulse) which indicates I have GPS lock.  I then get rapid red flashing lights before it returns to green pulses.

It flies without any issues, and return to home engaged properly when I lost contact with the controller.

From reading around the net it sounds like these red flashes are warning me that I am in a restricted area.  Is that right?  I can't find any official information on this and am a little concerned that it means something is wrong.  My flights so far indicate otherwise.  I am taking it slowly though.

Just to add, as soon as it gets GPS lock it warns me that I am in a restricted zone and tells me what restrictions apply to flight altitude.  So it definitely knows where it is.  Smart!

Cheers,
Scott

2015-2-23
Use props
jkerken
lvl.1

United States

I get the same problem when I try to set waypoints. The first waypoint turns red and then warns me that waypoints can't be set because of restricted area. I don't understand , never had this problem before.
2015-2-23
Use props
scott
New

Australia

I believe new firmware added new restricted and no fly zones, so it's possible this is why it's just started happening.
2015-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules