Ipad mini 4 without GPS
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eddycheah
lvl.3
Flight distance : 261660 ft
Malaysia

hi, i'm eddy. Now i use my mobile Asus zenfon2 to live view for my phantom 3 advanced, but not looking smooth for my viewing , so now i looking for ipad mini 4,please give me some suggestion. is it suitable to use ipad mini 4 (without GPS) ,How about Retune home ,and follow me mode is it can be function without GPS? Tq
2017-3-2
Use props
mityadvet
lvl.2
Flight distance : 492352 ft
Germany

I'm also using an iPad mini without GPS, works fine. For RTH I think the Phantom records it's position, not the iPad. As for follow things get a bit tricky, I would recommend getting an iPad that has a Barometer and using the Autopilot App for best results.
2017-3-2
Use props
HWCM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

mityadvet Posted at 2017-3-2 06:38
I'm also using an iPad mini without GPS, works fine. For RTH I think the Phantom records it's position, not the iPad. As for follow things get a bit tricky, I would recommend getting an iPad that has a Barometer and using the Autopilot App for best results.

Yes, RTH uses the GPS located inside the P3 itself. You do not need a ipad or tablet with GPS to fly the P3. But, you will not be ablr to use the follow funtion or to update your home point. Those two funtions require a device/tablet with built in GPS. This is because the tablet needs to know the GPS position to report back to the Phantom in the air.
Also, a barometer has nothing to do with the GPS in a tablet. I am not even sure tablets have a barometer.
Why do you recommend the autopilot app. What can it do that the DJI GO app does not. You are going to confuse the guy.
2017-3-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

There are two ways to reset the home point, either to your location or the drone's current location. In order to reset it to the drone's location, it will use the aircraft's GPS. If you are performing the former, then you will need a mobile device with built in GPS in order to record that new home point. The iPad Mini 4 would only have a GPS module in the WiFi + cellular option. For Follow Me mode, it has to have access to the device's GPS module to function.
2017-3-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

mityadvet Posted at 2017-3-2 06:38

You may want to look at my last post regarding the option on changing the home point.
2017-3-2
Use props
mityadvet
lvl.2
Flight distance : 492352 ft
Germany

HWCM Posted at 2017-3-2 22:52
Yes, RTH uses the GPS located inside the P3 itself. You do not need a ipad or tablet with GPS to fly the P3. But, you will not be ablr to use the follow funtion or to update your home point. Those two funtions require a device/tablet with built in GPS. This is because the tablet needs to know the GPS position to report back to the Phantom in the air.
Also, a barometer has nothing to do with the GPS in a tablet. I am not even sure tablets have a barometer.
Why do you recommend the autopilot app. What can it do that the DJI GO app does not. You are going to confuse the guy.

the latets ipads have a barometer. as for the autopilot app, it does a lot more then dji do, check it our for yourself
2017-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules