Got my mavic back today.
2006 35 2017-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NMURPHY4
lvl.2

United States

For those of you who got refresh's or replacements.

How do you tell if its a refurb or new that was sent back? I compared S/N's from what I sent off and its definitely different.
2017-3-2
Use props
NMURPHY4
lvl.2

United States

Also, do you guys keep the plastic gimbal thing on while you fly ? the dome shaped thing
2017-3-2
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

I don't believe there's an obvious way you can tell the difference between a new unit and a refurbished one. There's currently an effort going on to decipher the serial numbers, though, and there's speculation that you can estimate a Mavic's manufacture date from it.
2017-3-2
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

NMURPHY4 Posted at 2017-3-2 15:52
Also, do you guys keep the plastic gimbal thing on while you fly ? the dome shaped thing

Some of us do and some of us don't.
2017-3-2
Use props
Stavo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 336972 ft
United States

Gimbal cover off if you are trying to record anything. If not, it is save to fly but you still should remove the gimbal brace before powering up.

You can record through the cover with the rubber protector off but you'll most likely get reflections and distortion.
2017-3-2
Use props
NMURPHY4
lvl.2

United States

Stavo Posted at 2017-3-2 15:57
Gimbal cover off if you are trying to record anything. If not, it is save to fly but you still should remove the gimbal brace before powering up.

You can record through the cover with the rubber protector off but you'll most likely get reflections and distortion.

Thank you STavo, I crashed the mavic 2/11/17 and just got it back today.

It was in great shape except for the camera/gimbal. So i was thinking maybe the plastic thing could protect it during flight. hmmm
2017-3-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hope this helps: http://www.dji.com/service/policy R.png
2017-3-2
Use props
NMURPHY4
lvl.2

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-2 23:54
Hope this helps: http://www.dji.com/service/policy[view_image]

Hey natalia, thanks

you guys are helpful, keep up the good work
2017-3-3
Use props
Quadcoptercrazy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1013038 ft
United States

Does the serial number have an R on them like the Phantoms do for refurbs?
2017-3-3
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 612405 ft
  • >>>
United States

i just sent my entire fly more kit back as an exchange. i was told i would receive a brand new unit multiple times. that if i did a repair it could be a refurbished unit.
2017-3-3
Use props
NMURPHY4
lvl.2

United States

Quadcoptercrazy Posted at 2017-3-3 08:23
Does the serial number have an R on them like the Phantoms do for refurbs?

I think it has an O on the beginning
2017-3-3
Use props
NMURPHY4
lvl.2

United States

SeanOzz Posted at 2017-3-3 10:36
i just sent my entire fly more kit back as an exchange. i was told i would receive a brand new unit multiple times. that if i did a repair it could be a refurbished unit.

Yeah. they told me that too, but you know how that goes...
2017-3-3
Use props
ginocarlomagno-
New

United States

I received my mavic BROKEN out of the box.  Stupid, cheap plastic tab behind the gimbal was bent and cracked.  I still flew the drone a few times since I waited over 3 months for it to come in but then realized I wanted a fully new, non-broken drone so I shipped it back.  Now I'm getting told that they'll repair it and send back (going on week 3 just waiting to hear that news).  Why should I get a broken and then repaired drone when I paid for a brand new one?!?!?!  $1200!  That's like paying for a brand new Ferrari, and the dealer saying it was in a wreck but they repaired it so it's new.  Are you kidding?  What a criminal operation.  And what can I do?  They've got me by the balls.  My money is already gone.  I'm into month 4 with NO DRONE in my hands.  I'm at a loss!  Anyone have a similar experience???  I'll NEVER buy something from these guys again.  Not worth the headache.  I'll watch someone else's videos online.  
2017-3-3
Use props
NMURPHY4
lvl.2

United States

Well. I have the mavic back but it will not link with the controller.

this should be done AT the factory while i was waiting for these "quality assurance checks"

Makes me think no check was done at all if the controller doesnt even connect to my drone out of the box!? what sense does this make? this didnt happen with my last one.

I'm waiting in chat now for help.. This is ridiculous though
2017-3-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

NMURPHY4 Posted at 2017-3-3 11:08

this should be done AT the factory while i was waiting for these "quality assurance checks"

Time for mod to come on here and help this man,

Your right no excuse for not pairing your RC , I'd be tearing my hair out.
2017-3-3
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

ginocarlomagno- Posted at 2017-3-3 10:51
I received my mavic BROKEN out of the box.  Stupid, cheap plastic tab behind the gimbal was bent and cracked.  I still flew the drone a few times since I waited over 3 months for it to come in but then realized I wanted a fully new, non-broken drone so I shipped it back.  Now I'm getting told that they'll repair it and send back (going on week 3 just waiting to hear that news).  Why should I get a broken and then repaired drone when I paid for a brand new one?!?!?!  $1200!  That's like paying for a brand new Ferrari, and the dealer saying it was in a wreck but they repaired it so it's new.  Are you kidding?  What a criminal operation.  And what can I do?  They've got me by the balls.  My money is already gone.  I'm into month 4 with NO DRONE in my hands.  I'm at a loss!  Anyone have a similar experience???  I'll NEVER buy something from these guys again.  Not worth the headache.  I'll watch someone else's videos online.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ser+Manual+V1.0.pdf

It's on page 36, button you have to push in the sd bay
2017-3-3
Use props
greenwire
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38281 ft
United States

ginocarlomagno- Posted at 2017-3-3 10:51

True, doesn't feel right. You paid for a new Mavic not a repaired one.
2017-3-3
Use props
Njw83
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89767 ft
United Kingdom

I can sort of understand this with the DJI care package but I will be paying out of my own pocket for my repair so I'd damn well hope to get new parts rather than refurb! Maybe this is where all the quality control issues are coming from.

I will wait and see what my drone is like after the repair but I'm starting to see a pattern forming of complaints following repair by DJI.
2017-3-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

NMURPHY4 Posted at 2017-3-3 11:08

Let me know if you still cannot bind the RC to the aircraft.
For manual binding power up both RC and aircraft, (doesn't matter if you start with the aircraft or RC.
Just put one in bind mode then the other and they will link.
Press the link button on the aircraft, and on the RC press down C1, C2, Video, then you'll hear a beep then also press down the shutter button and it will put it into bind mode.
2017-3-3
Use props
NMURPHY4
lvl.2

United States

IS the gimbal supposed to twist and turn on its own instead of pointing straight out?
2017-3-3
Use props
NMURPHY4
lvl.2

United States

i am asked to calibrate the
FPV sensors but i cant because the gimbal is twisted and pointed at itself!?!? i havent touched and controls.
2017-3-3
Use props
NMURPHY4
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-3 12:39
Let me know if you still cannot bind the RC to the aircraft.
For manual binding power up both RC and aircraft, (doesn't matter if you start with the aircraft or RC.
Just put one in bind mode then the other and they will link.

Controller is finally binded.. Spent at least 2 hours on this. I'm pretty annoyed right now Ken.

Because im also having ANOTHER problem.

I have to calibrate the FPV now. And im on my PC trying this because the "hold the drone in a square shape in front of you method" wasnt accurate according to the app I need to do this on PC.

Where my problem comes in =

It says "please reboot the drone" EVERYtime i reboot?? Its not allowing me to calibrate on the pc. And i refuse to fly this with an "abnormal" message next to my overall status. PLEASE help!!!
2017-3-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

NMURPHY4 Posted at 2017-3-3 13:33
Controller is finally binded.. Spent at least 2 hours on this. I'm pretty annoyed right now Ken.

Is the app telling you you have to calibrate the sensors?
2017-3-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

NMURPHY4 Posted at 2017-3-3 13:33

And the app has nothing to do with the PC. You can connect the Mavic to the computer with the USB cable then run the sensor calibration.
2017-3-3
Use props
NMURPHY4
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-3 13:46
And the app has nothing to do with the PC. You can connect the Mavic to the computer with the USB cable then run the sensor calibration.

Yes, I am on a PC right now. And my app says my flight status is abnormal. calibrate on PC for higher accuracy
2017-3-3
Use props
NMURPHY4
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-3 13:46

Where my problem comes in =

It says "please reboot the drone" EVERYtime i reboot?? Its not allowing me to calibrate on the pc. And i refuse to fly this with an "abnormal" message next to my overall status. PLEASE help!!!

Its saying frame alignment error please reboot the drone and i never get a chance to calibrate ? each time i reboot the drone , same message. tried restarting my pc and drone numerous times.
2017-3-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

NMURPHY4 Posted at 2017-3-3 13:47
Yes, I am on a PC right now. And my app says my flight status is abnormal. calibrate on PC for higher accuracy

Turn off the RC and connect the Mavic to your computer and run the calibration.
2017-3-3
Use props
NMURPHY4
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-3 13:51
Turn off the RC and connect the Mavic to your computer and run the calibration.

switch it to wifi?

Or turn off the remote controller? its already off, and my mavic is connected to the pc as we speak. it says. reboot the mavic, when i reboot and it comes back online in the app. i get the SAME message. and no option to click "Calibrate"
2017-3-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

NMURPHY4 Posted at 2017-3-3 13:54
switch it to wifi?

Or turn off the remote controller? its already off, and my mavic is connected to the pc as we speak. it says. reboot the mavic, when i reboot and it comes back online in the app. i get the SAME message. and no option to click "Calibrate"

If the RC is OFF then there's no way it can connect to the app (unless you have the Mavic switched to WiFi mode.
Take it out of that mode and connect to the computer
2017-3-3
Use props
NMURPHY4
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-3 14:00
If the RC is OFF then there's no way it can connect to the app (unless you have the Mavic switched to WiFi mode.
Take it out of that mode and connect to the computer

Sorry Ken you are confusing me,

1. My mavic IS connected to my pc right now via USB
2. I have the button that says RC, and a button that says wifi.
3. Are we talking RC as in turn off the remote controller? or do you mean the button that switches between RC and wifi? there is no in between setting on the button that lies on the mavic itself. I have to choose either or
2017-3-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

NMURPHY4 Posted at 2017-3-3 14:04
Sorry Ken you are confusing me,

1. My mavic IS connected to my pc right now via USB

Leave the Mavic is RC mode and have the remote control OFF.
You should be able to run the calibration.
This is what you should see.
Capture.JPG
2017-3-3
Use props
NMURPHY4
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-3 14:10
Leave the Mavic is RC mode and have the remote control OFF.
You should be able to run the calibration.
This is what yiou should see.

This happens when i reboot the drone. It is in RC mode. and the remote controller IS indeed off.
2017-3-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

NMURPHY4 Posted at 2017-3-3 14:13
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jkaju0yD2jM

This happens when i reboot the drone. It is in RC mode. and the remote controller IS indeed off.

You see the Calibrate Now button on the bottom right, click that.
2017-3-3
Use props
NMURPHY4
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-3 14:19
You see the Calibrate Now button on the bottom right, click that.

Yes i tried, in the video im clicking it, but it is greyed out. says reboot aircraft

Only thing i can think of is try another PC
2017-3-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

NMURPHY4 Posted at 2017-3-3 14:23
Yes i tried, in the video im clicking it, but it is greyed out. says reboot aircraft

Only thing i can think of is try another PC

Is that the latest Assistant2 version?I've tried on my Pc and Mac and the tab is blue on both and I can calibrate. Maybe delete/reinstall the program.
2017-3-3
Use props
NMURPHY4
lvl.2

United States

Had to try it on my macbook, it worked there

This does not work on windows 10 (for me).

Sorry for the tone of my messages earlier. I know you guys deal w it alot and again i apoligize.

I think im all calibrated correctly now and ready.

2017-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules