My Experience with Getting my Mavic Repaired under DJI Care Refresh
459 1 2017-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jboyer75
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34177 ft
United States

The reason I'm writing this post is two reasons. One in the hopes that DJI takes this feedback to improve their systems and support, and two for me to vent just a little.

I had my Mavic for just about a week, and was having a lot of fun learning how to fly safely and got some pretty good aerial video, when on a late Saturday afternoon on 2/11 I flew a lttle too fast (in sport mode) to a tree, and had my first big crash. The Mavic dropped hard, hit some rocks hard enough that the battery came loose, and damaged the gimbal.

Thankfully I had the foresight to purchase the DJI Care Refresh, and promptly when on the support website to get the process rolling and to send in my drone. While filling out the information, I was told to write on the box that I had DJI Care refresh so as to expedite the process.

I shipped out my drone on the following Tuesday (2/14) and according to UPS tracking it was received at the repair facility in Carson, CA on (2/16). However according to the repair site, it was not looked at until until the following Tuesday (2/21).

I contacted chat support to follow up and the customer service representatives were very helpful and did a great job. The cust rep was able to help move the process along some, and I received an email by that Thursday (2/23) with my options. I had the choice to either repair the damage ($504) or go with the replacement cost of $79. I paid for the replacement on the same day, 2/23. The next day (2/24), I received an email stating that my replacement Drone would ship within 3 business days. I received another email yesterday (3/1) stating that the drone would be shipped in two business days. I received a call from a DJI rep yesterday saying that they would ship out the drone using expedited two-day air shipping, and I should expect it by the end of this week.
It's now Thursday evening and I finally have a tracking number that according to UPS indicates that I won't receive the mavic until Monday 3/6!

Its incredible frustrating how slowly things seem to move through DJI's repair process. I can understand that with the popularity of the Mavic Pro there are probably a lot of repairs to go through, and all the cust service reps I dealt with over the phone, on chat, and via email were very nice and helpful. I just believe that when a company promotes a paid service that advertises priority service to get replacements quickly that it shouldn't take 3-4 days to ship out after payment has been sent. And when you provide an expectation for shipping, both over email and over the phone and that is not met, that is not cool.

I hope someone at DJI takes this and the many other similar experiences I've read about here on the forum, and takes some action in being more communicative with their customers about their service wait times, and give more accurate timeframes as to when to expect items to ship. I bought the Mavic not just for fun, but to provide footage for my freelance video business, and situations like this cause me to push back projects.

End of rant.

2017-3-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Jboyer, we feel very sorry for the trouble caused.
Customer satisfaction is our top priority, we're always working to improve our service, appreciate for your feedback again, we're concerned much about that.
Thanks for your supporting, hope you receive it soon and enjoy it.
2017-3-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules