Install DJI Assistant on Mac fails
4098 13 2017-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GregAllen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 493012 ft
United States

I downloaded today the DJI Assistant 2 v 1.1.0 file from the Mavic download page onto my Macbook Pro.  The Mac is running Sierra version 10.12.3.  Mac required me to allow an 'outside' developer application to run the installation process.  Ran the install through to completion.  See attached. Then as advised restarted.  Upon restart, a DJI Assistant application was not in the Application folder or anywhere else.  Try same on another MacBook Pro with same result.  Anyone else experienced this?  Solution?  

Successful install page

Successful install page
2017-3-3
Use props
Bax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 749413 ft
Australia

You have to install the other file (check you should have two)

One is a driver file

http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/installing-and-using-dji-assistant-2-in-mac-os.84935/

Good luck - I had no trouble installing on Mac
2017-3-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

When that screen shows up (your screenshot) it should have opened up another window that's labeled Install HoRNDIS.You need to install that one too.
2017-3-3
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

It's not called DJI Assistant after installation, just "Assistant". Threw me the first time I installed it, too.
2017-3-3
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Is it really necessary to install the HoRNDIS driver if you're not using Android devices?
2017-3-3
Use props
GregAllen
lvl.1
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-3-3 14:43
It's not called DJI Assistant after installation, just "Assistant". Threw me the first time I installed it, too.

Outstanding!!  That is it.  Assistant was there!!  Thanks
2017-3-3
Use props
GregAllen
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-3 14:23
When that screen shows up (your screenshot) it should have opened up another window that's labeled Install HoRNDIS.You need to install that one too.

I would recommend something in the install process that declares that the app is named "Assistant".  Also note for your support team.  I was on a one hour chat this morning with Support.  They not able to help me and likely did not understand this issue.
2017-3-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

GregAllen Posted at 2017-3-3 15:22
Outstanding!!  That is it.  Assistant was there!!  Thanks

Glad you got it sorted out.
2017-3-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

GregAllen Posted at 2017-3-3 16:29
I would recommend something in the install process that declares that the app is named "Assistant".  Also note for your support team.  I was on a one hour chat this morning with Support.  They not able to help me and likely did not understand this issue.

I totally understand.
2017-3-3
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-3 19:30
I totally understand.

Hi Ken and all
Last night after updated my IMac to macOS Sierra 10.12.4 and installed the latest Assistant 2, I can't open the Assistant any more, the message pop up to ask me to allow it to run, but the message disappeared when ever I move the mouse and the Assistant 2 was not running. (it worked really well before i updated my Imac and installed the latest assistant 2).
Do you know how to fix this problem? Thanks
2017-4-6
Use props
fallsilent
lvl.4
Flight distance : 336709 ft
Canada

hungdang Posted at 2017-4-6 16:49
Hi Ken and all
Last night after updated my IMac to macOS Sierra 10.12.4 and installed the latest Assistant 2, I can't open the Assistant any more, the message pop up to ask me to allow it to run, but the message disappeared when ever I move the mouse and the Assistant 2 was not running. (it worked really well before i updated my Imac and installed the latest assistant 2).
Do you know how to fix this problem? Thanks

Go to settings then into Security & Privacy. Beside where is says "Allow apps downloaded from:" you will see it. Click on open and it should open for you.
2017-4-6
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi all
FYI, I deleted the driver, Assistant then re-installed them again. It works now.
Thanks
2017-4-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

hungdang Posted at 2017-4-7 02:07
Hi all
FYI, I deleted the driver, Assistant then re-installed them again. It works now.
Thanks

Great, glad you got it working.
2017-4-7
Use props
Streetwise
New

United States

I reinstalled the thing like 4 times and could not find "DJI Assistant 2" in my apps. Even their own video tutorial says "now launch DJI Assistant 2"...  But as someone pointed out, it's simply called "Assistant" in the apps folder (at least on Mac).  DJI needs to pay closer attention to small stuff like that.
2017-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules