Cinematic setting suggestions?
2533 8 2017-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kingstonphoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 160197 ft
United States

Im sorry if this might be covered in another thread. but im new to video, looking for best video settings for that cinematic feeling.
2017-3-3
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Just use the cinematic mode in the app and keep an eye on the focus and exposure!
2017-3-3
Use props
kingstonphoto
lvl.2
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-3-3 19:40
Just use the cinematic mode in the app and keep an eye on the focus and exposure!

what about setting tho.. fps suggestions and all that
2017-3-3
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

kingstonphoto Posted at 2017-3-3 20:59

Each has it own setting. I suggest using the auto and from their change to manual and play with the settings. It depends on the lighting, time of day, exposure etc. Read on some photo techniques and practice.
2017-3-3
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

You'll want Dlog mode, turn down Saturation, Contrast, and Sharpness a bit in the settings (you'll need to find what you like). To get some motion blur and a smoother image you'll probably need some ND filters and try to get the shutter speed 2 x frame rate.

When you edit add some black bars at the top and bottom to give it that wide screen.

What do you use for colour grading and editing?
2017-3-4
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

kingstonphoto Posted at 2017-3-3 20:59

Aloha kingston,

Here are some images of previous text on the subject of your concern.  As much as these have the cinematic feeling, I prefer the accuracy of HD.  Why look at a video if you do not want to see what is there!  With HD, 2K, 4K, etc. there is so much to see, just make it smooth.

Aloha and Drone On!
SmoothPANs.png
Improve Video.jpg
Improve Video2.jpg
2017-3-4
Use props
kingstonphoto
lvl.2
United States

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2017-3-4 03:01
You'll want Dlog mode, turn down Saturation, Contrast, and Sharpness a bit in the settings (you'll need to find what you like). To get some motion blur and a smoother image you'll probably need some ND filters and try to get the shutter speed 2 x frame rate.

When you edit add some black bars at the top and bottom to give it that wide screen.

I'm using premiere
2017-3-4
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

I would play a lot with colour grading and try to avoid using LUTs , you won't learn anything just downloading something and clicking it.

Cetacean has posted the image I was looking for, see above for the best tips.
2017-3-4
Use props
kingstonphoto
lvl.2
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-3-4 03:17
Aloha kingston,

Here are some images of previous text on the subject of your concern.  As much as these have the cinematic feeling, I prefer the accuracy of HD.  Why look at a video if you do not want to see what is there!  With HD, 2K, 4K, etc. there is so much to see, just make it smooth.

awesome thank you!
2017-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules