Grid of black vertical stripes overlaying in overexposed area
4646 17 2015-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
y88cdw
lvl.1

Canada

There seems to be a grid of black vertical stripes overlaying in overexposed area.
Is it some zebra indicator that I can remove before my output is captured?
2015-2-23
Use props
choptlivah
lvl.2
Flight distance : 795633 ft
Canada

Try adjusting the white balance.  It did the trick for me.  Also I don't think it shows up in the final video.  Putting the nd filter on helps too
2015-2-23
Use props
y88cdw
lvl.1

Canada

Will check white balance. It does show up in the final video. Any clip showing the Sun is broken and I have to post-mask a tracked circle of brightness over it.
2015-2-23
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
Flight distance : 729560 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There is an option in the app to select or deselect this overexposure warning.  
2015-2-23
Use props
y88cdw
lvl.1

Canada

It shouldn't be recorded if it's a marker. It is also activated by default.
2015-2-24
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dave E Posted at 2015-2-24 04:24
There is an option in the app to select or deselect this overexposure warning.

You are correct. You can turn it on or off.
2015-2-24
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

rodger Posted at 2015-2-25 04:53

I think it is for the rule of thirds. Could be wrong as I have not used mine yet but, I did read see info that it was there and that you centurion it on or off. It would be nice if it is also used for over exposure. ON my high end Nikons just the area(s) that are overexposed get the blinks. Same thing as the Video Zebras.
2015-2-24
Use props
y88cdw
lvl.1

Canada

Only way to fix is to underexpose and fix the brightness in post. Grid lines and over exposure warning are turned off. Even if I was able to turn this off, why would the 'monitor marker' be recorded?
2015-2-27
Use props
Zeebadoo
lvl.2

United States

It's a feature commonly known as "Zebra Stripes." It's to help the videographer identify overexposed areas. It does not show up on the actual recording. It is merely a tool that overlays on your screen while filming.
2015-2-28
Use props
y88cdw
lvl.1

Canada

The only zebra stripes overlaying as a marker are in a 45° direction, overlays the vertical stripes and are not recorded. The overexposed areas are recorded with these 0/180° vertical stripes on my videos, when I should see white dots?
2015-3-1
Use props
y88cdw
lvl.1

Canada

Hm. Don't know how it appeared.
2015-3-1
Use props
bortolotticarlo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 113599 ft
Brazil

hello , the exposure camera that inspire 1 is auto or no ?
I need that camera for auto exposure, you help ?
tank you,
carlos , brazil
2015-4-21
Use props
y88cdw
lvl.1

Canada

I am having more important issue with camera. Last firmware update process made it unusable. Endless testing from one departement to another. I hope I would be able to replace the defective camera and/or craft free of charge or get RMA.
2015-4-26
Use props
triise
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1303471 ft
Norway

I have a similiar issue.
My first flight today and discovered some vertical lines in my final video. Also it comes and goes during the video... this was not what I expected... (Its not overexposure, as this was shot in the evening and it was overcast).

Stripes

Stripes
2015-4-28
Use props
Nodus
New

Norway

rodger Posted at 2015-2-25 04:53

I have looked in the DJI pilot app and I can`t find this option.
2015-5-27
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

The over-exposure warning is in General Settings.  General Settings is accessed from the four-dot icon in the top right corner of the App screen (if you already have a settings menu open, you should also have a column of shortcut icons down the left edge of your current menu window - the four-dot General Settings icon is the bottom one).  See image below.  Note that once in General Settings you need to scroll down to find this cluster.

Above information is correct for iOS devices.  I don't have Android though it should be the same.

image.jpg
2015-5-27
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

y88cdw Posted at 2015-2-24 03:45
Will check white balance. It does show up in the final video. Any clip showing the Sun is broken and ...

I haven't encountered the artifact you describe (only the normal overexposure zebra stripes I've described in a previous post).  I wonder if by trying to actually shoot an image of the sun you are running into a hardware limitation.

When I was a child one of the things I learned was that by focusing the sun onto a dry leaf using a magnifying glass, I could make the leaf catch fire after just a few seconds.  Also, back in the days of tube-based cameras, the quickest shot of the sun (even if the camera was off and unplugged) would permanently damage the imaging device.  Since then I have scrupulously avoided a direct shot of the sun.  Even though today's solid-state imaging devices don't get instantly destroyed the way vidicon tubes used to, if the sun's rays through a lens can actually cause a FIRE I can't imagine they're good for any imaging device.  And I wonder if in this case the level of brightness you're trying to capture is simply overwhelming the electronics.
2015-5-27
Use props
Nodus
New

Norway

PeteGould Posted at 2015-5-27 20:33
The over-exposure warning is in General Settings.  General Settings is accessed from the four-dot ic ...

Nice, thanks. I see the app is certainly different from Android. You have a lot more general settings.
2015-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules