United Kingdom

sven lend me a battery please fella lol
2015-2-23
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6690 ft
United States

You might have to come and get it lol.....
2015-2-23
Use props
scott.k.davidso
lvl.2
Flight distance : 189167 ft
United States

Impressive!  Jealous, only have two batteries, waiting for more.

I have a quick question for the forum (I know this is not the right place to post it, but I am just putting this on the newest post).   I am having trouble posting a new thread, I have two of them with zero views that are 24+ hours old.  I am presuming that they are not going all the way through.  Any trick to making sure that the new threads become available?    Link to the post below.
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=8728

I will not bother this thread with the questions that I have.   Hopefully someone can help me out so I can post my on Threads.
2015-2-23
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
United States

Well your link does not work so I'm not sure how anyone can help yea.... Says its been deleted or in audit dunno, You seem to be able to post your videos in other people threads lol.... :@
2015-2-23
Use props
scott.k.davidso
lvl.2
Flight distance : 189167 ft
United States

Sorry sven,  probably poor form on my part, just didn't know another way to get attention of someone who may be able to help me.

Any ideas on how I can get forum support as the link seems to work when I am logged into my account?
2015-2-23
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
Flight distance : 729560 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Gunna start a lonely hearts thread for my inspire battery. He's all alone poor fella and I can't get a mate for him. He's fond of "the larger battery" you see and we can't get them in the UK yet!!
2015-2-23
Use props
kevinlutch
lvl.1

Canada

Sven are those high capacity batteries?
2015-2-23
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
United States

kevinlutch Posted at 2015-2-24 06:22
Sven are those high capacity batteries?

4 of them are. The other 4 are TB48's I wanted to be able to fly with some batteries and TB47's no problem and only 2 TB48's from what I understand. It would be nice to have all TB48's but like I said I want to be able to fly with them so it made since to get some 47's as well....
2015-2-23
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
United States

scott.k.davidso Posted at 2015-2-24 05:50
Sorry sven,  probably poor form on my part, just didn't know another way to get attention of someone ...

It's ok Scott! You should be able to post your thread in the mail page just like you did here.... I don't think it's any different..... Maybe one of the Moderators can help yea....
2015-2-23
Use props
kevinlutch
lvl.1

Canada

svencool Posted at 2015-2-24 06:31
4 of them are. The other 4 are TB48's I wanted to be able to fly with some batteries and TB47's no ...

What kind of flight times are you getting with the hi capacity?
2015-2-23
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
United States

I'm still breaking in/calibrating them right now. I will let you know later today. First couple rounds charge to 100% and then fly to 50% and now I'm charging again and will take them down till they shut off. So I will be able to tell you more later. Plus right now it's 13 outside and -6 with windchill I will be flying them outside so you will have to take the cold into effect as well...
2015-2-23
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
United States

kevinlutch Posted at 2015-2-24 06:42
What kind of flight times are you getting with the hi capacity?

Hey Kevin well I just got back inside from a night flight. Its 9 degrees out side with -6 wind chill. I got 19 minutes 45 seconds till I set it on the ground at 30% Hope this helps yea..... My fingers are about frozen lol.......

Mike
2015-2-23
Use props
ronnydsosa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21624 ft
United States

You sure don't have much... Just 8 bateries LOL
2015-2-23
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
United States

ronnydsosa@gmai Posted at 2015-2-24 09:10
You sure don't have much... Just 8 bateries LOL

I'm working on it Ronny
2015-2-23
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

You are a sick, sick man..LOL  Now explain why two different kind of batts
2015-2-23
Use props
docodrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 119062 ft
Singapore

if their battery can standardize to all the device they created then will be great! hahahaha
2015-2-23
Use props
Captain Obvious
lvl.4

Australia

Someones got an endless wallet lol
2015-2-23
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
United States

dbeck@promobox. Posted at 2015-2-24 09:48
You are a sick, sick man..LOL  Now explain why two different kind of batts

Well Dbeck I wanna fly with the inspire and you can have as many TB47's as you can carry lol and only 2 TB48's from what I understand. So I wanted some of both and might add a couple more TB48's in the future if I need them. Hope this helps....

Mike
2015-2-23
Use props
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

Looks more like a picture from a DJI local shop
Anyway, nice to see this. It shows im not the only fool in the garden of eden
2015-2-24
Use props
rsghowellnj
Second Officer
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Okay with all these batteries and chargers have you figured out a way of packaging it as a multi charger?  I heard someone was going to do something with a pelican box.  But that would neaten things up a bit.  Otherwise you are going to need a bag just to carry and manage all those chargers right?
2015-2-24
Use props
Chris Con
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501175 ft
United States

Mike has so much Inspire stuff now he is one inspire short of just buying this  ;) http://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-Ces ... ;pt=Motors_Aircraft
2015-2-24
Use props
bubo_bubo
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Id be interested to know how you transport them all around neatly or do they just go in a bag or box?
2015-2-24
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
United States

bubo_bubo Posted at 2015-2-24 21:06
Id be interested to know how you transport them all around neatly or do they just go in a bag or box ...

I'm working on putting evenything into a pelican box with fans to draw in cool air and fans to exhaust the hot air. Kind of a work in progress when I get a few minutes here and there. It will get accomplished sooner than later I like things to be neat and have there own place!!

Mike
2015-2-24
Use props
rsghowellnj
Second Officer
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

svencool Posted at 2015-2-24 21:19
I'm working on putting evenything into a pelican box with fans to draw in cool air and fans to exh ...

Mike,

Thanks and I'm certainly looking forward to your results.  Thanks for posting.

Rich
2015-2-24
Use props
bubo_bubo
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Sounds good, I had a thermal camera on my case with three fully charged TB47's the other day and it was looking quite hot.

I assume your going to use something similar to computer fans, Id put a removable mesh screen to collect dust and fine particles, so it can be pulled out and washed. Similar to a screen on a mechanical extract vent.

Look forward to seeing the results.
2015-2-24
Use props
Clem2099
lvl.2

United States

I now know why everything is on back order
2015-2-24
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

scott.k.davidso Posted at 2015-2-24 05:38
Impressive!  Jealous, only have two batteries, waiting for more.

I have a quick question for the fo ...

I have never seen or heard of that before. Try reregistering. Just a thought.
2015-2-24
Use props
CrabHawk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've been waiting for 3 months for spare batteries and no wonder they were sent to sven instead of me.
2015-2-24
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am impressed. Now I have something to show my wife when she complains about what I spend!
2015-2-24
Use props
bubo_bubo
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I am impressed. Now I have something to show my wife when she complains about what I spend!

Hahahhahaha good point
2015-2-24
Use props
piotr.pawlowski
lvl.2

United Kingdom

CrabHawk Posted at 2015-2-24 22:39
I've been waiting for 3 months for spare batteries and no wonder they were sent to sven instead of m ...

Yep, I hear the same story, when checking the status of the order for T48s - "Sry mate, all sent to Sven. Try next week" ;-)

EDIT: Sven - 2nd iPAd doesn't have USB connection cable :-P Your set is incomplete ;-)
2015-2-24
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Sven,

On average what flight duration are you getting out of the TB47 and TB48's
2015-2-24
Use props
mkell7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 307431 ft
United States

Curious to know how well your remotes/tablets hold up. Can you go through all eight batteries without having to charge your remotes or tablets?
2015-2-24
Use props
xzces
lvl.3
Flight distance : 81526 ft
  • >>>
Suriname

Lol, I'm still on 1 batt.. Waiting for the tb48s to get in for 2 months now.. pherhaps I should order some standard batteries as well ;) but truly nice collection! I would love to hear your opinion about the connection and gps problems, I mean, you've got to be one of the pilots with the most hours on that thing!

Would you mind sharing some of your preflight routine with us?
2015-2-24
Use props
kevinlutch
lvl.1

Canada

svencool Posted at 2015-2-24 09:07
Hey Kevin well I just got back inside from a night flight. Its 9 degrees out side with -6 wind chi ...

Ok that's promising. I'm getting about 13 mins in the standard battery at -10 degC. The high capacity batteries makes sense to purchase. In warmer weather you should definitely get over 22 mins. Which country are you flying in?

Thanks.
2015-2-24
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

That's awesome!   Love having the right tools for the job, respect!
2015-2-24
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
United States

GB44 Posted at 2015-2-24 23:55
Sven,

On average what flight duration are you getting out of the TB47 and TB48's

GB44 on the TB48 it was 9 degrees F out last night. I did a night flight and got just under 20 minutes out it and landed it just under 30%. With a wind chill of -6 f. TB47's Right around 15 minutes same temp... I ordered some battery heaters from DJI and they are suppose to increase fly time 2-3 minutes....

Mike
2015-2-24
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
United States

mkell7 Posted at 2015-2-25 02:21
Curious to know how well your remotes/tablets hold up. Can you go through all eight batteries withou ...

I've never flown all 8 in a row so I can't really say. But I do use one of the used batteries to charge up my TX
2015-2-24
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
United States

xzces Posted at 2015-2-25 03:35
Lol, I'm still on 1 batt.. Waiting for the tb48s to get in for 2 months now.. pherhaps I should orde ...

xzces this is my pre flight routine:

Make Sure Picture and Address are on memory card in the event of fly away.
Make Sure Batteries Are Fully Charged in Both TX and A/C
Memory Cards and Cables
Verify Mode P/A/F
Power On TX
Power On A/C
Load DJI App
Enable Airplane Mode in IPAD
Turn Off Wi-Fi Mode in IPAD
Turn Cell Phone off
Exit Storage Mode via the app
Power Off A/C
Attach Camera
Install Props & Prop locks.
If its winter set outside for a 15 minutes to get acculamated to Temp.
Power On TX & A/C in this order.
Check For cleanest Video Channel.
Calibrate Compass
Check IMU Calibration .99 - 1.01
Check Mod Values.
Set Fail Safe Height
Point Antennas Correctly on TX
Power up motors if in winter to allow motors to warm up for 2 minutes or so.
Take A/C up to about 10ft and move a little left and right, forward and aft. Making sure that there is no drifting going on and gets a good GPS lock.
Set RTH For A/C or TX
Then put up your gear and enjoy your flight ☺

The whole process doesn’t take that long once you get use to doing it.
Put the copter outside for 15 minutes to acclimate to the temperature. Keep your batteries warm in the truck while it acclimates. Otherwise you will get Gyro fade while you fly which could be very bad.
It's not the motors that need heating it's the IMU sensors. More precisely you want their temperature to reach a balance so that it doesn't change too much in flight.

Enjoy
Mike
2015-2-24
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules