1827 26 2017-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Isma
New
Flight distance : 358222 ft
United States

Hi!
I sent my Pahntom 3 Standard for repair and it came back with a different name (RANDY, instead of the one I gave it).

Anybody knows how to change the name of the aircraft?

Thanks

Isma
2017-3-5
Use props
djordan2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 79291 ft
United States

I had the same issue when I sent my Pro in for service.  I was pleased to get a new Pro after what I had done to it in the crash.  Which was my fault by the way.  My new name is "Edwardo".  Everybody kept telling me how to change the name, but I could not do it.  Then we found out that if you have an Android viewing device, you could not change the name.  But with an ipad or iphone you could.  I use a Samsung Tab A, which is Android.  So I had to learn Spanish just to communicate with my Pro. ( Just kidding!)
2017-3-5
Use props
JackA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 32057 ft
United States

If that is true then one possible solution is to find a friend with an iOS phone or tablet that is willing to install the GO APP.  Use the iOS version to rename the Phantom, then use your Android device again.
2017-3-5
Use props
WD9EON
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

JackA Posted at 2017-3-5 08:02
If that is true then one possible solution is to find a friend with an iOS phone or tablet that is willing to install the GO APP.  Use the iOS version to rename the Phantom, then use your Android device again.

This all seems ridiculous, if it can be done with the ios, why does DJI not make it available for the android?  Come on DJI get with the program.   
2017-3-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Like others have mentioned. The name changing function is only available for the iOS at the moment. You could try borrowing one in order to change it and then go back to Android.
2017-3-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

WD9EON Posted at 2017-3-5 08:09
This all seems ridiculous, if it can be done with the ios, why does DJI not make it available for the android?  Come on DJI get with the program.

It was available in earlier iterations of the Go app. This is something that was reported to the development team for further review.
2017-3-5
Use props
WD9EON
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-5 22:22
It was available in earlier iterations of the Go app. This is something that was reported to the development team for further review.

Thank you, hopefully they will put it back in with the next update.  Should not be necessary to spend another $400 to $600 dollars just to be able to change the name.
2017-3-6
Use props
kndll
Second Officer
Flight distance : 930161 ft
Canada

i'd like to be able to remove the imaginary Inspire 1 that the app added on it's own  ,   only have a P3S but  Inspire 1 is listed in flight logs , was added during a disconnect/reconnect .
2017-3-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

WD9EON Posted at 2017-3-6 10:02
Thank you, hopefully they will put it back in with the next update.  Should not be necessary to spend another $400 to $600 dollars just to be able to change the name.

Spending extra money wouldn't be necessary. Most customers do have at least one friend with an iOS who can do them a solid and let them borrow their device for a few minutes as a temporary measure.
2017-3-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

kndll Posted at 2017-3-6 10:15
i'd like to be able to remove the imaginary Inspire 1 that the app added on it's own  ,   only have a P3S but  Inspire 1 is listed in flight logs , was added during a disconnect/reconnect .

Just to clarify, this is solely in the Flight Records section of the app, correct? Have you already synced your logs and try reinstalling the Go app?
2017-3-6
Use props
WD9EON
Second Officer
United States

What Android version of DJIgo allowed you to change the name?

Thanks
2017-3-6
Use props
kndll
Second Officer
Flight distance : 930161 ft
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-6 10:29
Just to clarify, this is solely in the Flight Records section of the app, correct? Have you already synced your logs and try reinstalling the Go app?

yes ,if I wouldn't have synced the logs in the first place I could have deleted the flight and all data in my phone and the Inspire would be gone , but I didn't see if before syncing so it is permanently in DJI 's servers ,   uninstalling and reinstalling  is good until you sync  and then it's back
2017-3-6
Use props
WD9EON
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-5 22:22

Would DJIgo 2.8.2 allow me to change the name?
2017-3-6
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-6 10:23
Spending extra money wouldn't be necessary. Most customers do have at least one friend with an iOS who can do them a solid and let them borrow their device for a few minutes as a temporary measure.

I don't. lol
2017-3-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

WD9EON Posted at 2017-3-6 21:09
Would DJIgo 2.8.2 allow me to change the name?

It's been a while since I've used that version, but it could be possible. If the option is there, it would be in the same section as the current iOS version.
2017-3-7
Use props
WD9EON
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-7 11:19
It's been a while since I've used that version, but it could be possible. If the option is there, it would be in the same section as the current iOS version.

Well, that didn't work.  I installed. 2.8.2 and when I tried logging in, of course I had to reinstate my home wifi, so it  pops up with the screen telling me I have to update.  No way to tell if it didn't do that if I could change the name of the aircraft.  Looks like DJI needs to add that feature to the new version of GO.
Dji-Jamie can you help?
2017-3-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

WD9EON Posted at 2017-3-7 15:47
Well, that didn't work.  I installed. 2.8.2 and when I tried logging in, of course I had to reinstate my home wifi, so it  pops up with the screen telling me I have to update.  No way to tell if it didn't do that if I could change the name of the aircraft.  Looks like DJI needs to add that feature to the new version of GO.
Dji-Jamie can you help?

Can you at least get into camera view, or will it not even allow for you to get to that point?
2017-3-7
Use props
WD9EON
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-7 15:50
Can you at least get into camera view, or will it not even allow for you to get to that point?

yes, I believe I had been in camera view, before turning on the home wifi.  

Ok, I am connected to the aircraft with version 2.8.2   Where do I go from there?

2017-3-7
Use props
WD9EON
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-7 15:50

yes, I am in camera mode now

the only thing I see that I can change is the wifi ssid and password

2017-3-7
Use props
Sloan Fischer
lvl.3
United States

It is under Interactions and in the advanced settings on the DJI Go App once you click "camera"
2017-3-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

WD9EON Posted at 2017-3-7 16:14
yes, I am in camera mode now

the only thing I see that I can change is the wifi ssid and password

I can try to see which version of the Android app had previously allowed renaming the aircraft, but that could take some time. This was passed to the development team, however, in order to add it to newer versions of the Go app moving forward.
2017-3-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-3-7 16:30
DJI-Jamie,
Did you finally acquire your iPad, already?  How was the transition, for you?
These devices are pretty slick, how much do you Love your first Apple product?

I have not acquired one just yet. Either the "latest and greatest" will be made available soon or my patience for said item will run out. We'll see which one happens first.
2017-3-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-7 21:04
I have not acquired one just yet. Either the "latest and greatest" will be made available soon or my patience for said item will run out. We'll see which one happens first.

What have you already learned, about the next big thing for Apple consumers ?
https://ipad.macrumors.com
https://www.macrumors.com/2017/0 ... decline-whats-next/
Sounds like any day now. ;-)
May or June may be the time.
http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/i ... h-may-june-3492180/

RedHotPoker
2017-3-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-6 10:23

That's a very cool description, of defining someone respecting your request for a kindness but simple favor.

"Do them a Solid"!!

I'm not street Savy, and arn't Up on all the latest Lingo & Jargon!!

RedHotPoker
2017-3-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-3-7 21:32
That's a very cool description, of defining someone respecting your request for a kindness but simple favor.

"Do them a Solid"!!

You can probably blame Seinfeld for that one.
2017-3-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-7 22:04
You can probably blame Seinfeld for that one.

Oh, well ok.

So, do I still get more soup? Or "No soup for Me!!" ;-)

Speaking of having a Fleet.
Jerry, has his own multi floor parking garage, to store all of his Porshe collection.

RedHotPoker
2017-3-7
Use props
WD9EON
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-7 20:55
I can try to see which version of the Android app had previously allowed renaming the aircraft, but that could take some time. This was passed to the development team, however, in order to add it to newer versions of the Go app moving forward.

Thanks, DJI-Jamie
2017-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules