1054 14 2017-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

How many times have you excitedly taken footage of a SD card and then, before a big flight at a remote location, forget to load up a card? Its happened to me a few times. I'm resorting to sticking a spare SD card onto a flat part of the aircraft to avoid this but wouldn't it be cool for DJI (or any camera manufacturer for that matter) to install a 'spare card' slot for this purpose. It would save many red faces and be a cool feature many users would be afrain to admit saved their day!

2017-3-6
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Mike ,good Idea, I for one keep a small kit with me with , lens filters, allen wrenches, tweezers ,  and of course A small plastic case with spare SD cards !! ( just dont forget the bag )

You have a very good Idea though , simple enough just to tape one to the back  of the ID plate on the back of the Inspire .

I usually forget larger Items Like My I Pad, then drive home in disgust  ( dont think I can tape it to the Inspire !)

donnie
2017-3-6
Use props
JonCahillPhoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15256 ft
United States

What about a software feature that reminds you of "No SD Card Detected" before takeoff?
2017-3-6
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

JonCahillPhoto Posted at 2017-3-6 06:08
What about a software feature that reminds you of "No SD Card Detected" before takeoff?

That is a great idea , they should do that ASAP !!  I love it !!

donnie
2017-3-6
Use props
Highasakite
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1423930 ft
United States

There used to be a "pop up" or warning in the older Go apps that warned you about that. Now, when I get home I download my card and put it right back in the camera. Ken
2017-3-6
Use props
JonCahillPhoto
lvl.2
United States

Highasakite Posted at 2017-3-6 12:10
There used to be a "pop up" or warning in the older Go apps that warned you about that. Now, when I get home I download my card and put it right back in the camera. Ken

That's exactly what I do. Dump it to the computer and back into the kit. I do the same for my other camera gear as well. I do like the DSLRs with multiple card slots though. Like as mentioned above.
2017-3-6
Use props
Highasakite
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1423930 ft
United States

Yes sir, for my other cameras as well. I also have a note where I "hanger" my Inspire as a last reminder to check that it got put back in the camera. I also carry a little box with a spare card, filters and batteries. Ken
2017-3-6
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

When I remove my camera, I swap out the card before I put it in the case. That way, I don't have to take it back outta the case when I get home to remove card and upload images. After I upload and wipe the card, I put it in the AC case under my RC so it's ready for the next shoot. That way, I always have one loaded in the camera and a spare in case of failure or if I ever fully load one. It's amazing how much a 32gb card actually does hold. (I shoot mostly stills. Raw + JPG)
2017-3-6
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

JonCahillPhoto Posted at 2017-3-6 06:08

That feature already exists.... That's how I ended up kicking by own behind
2017-3-6
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Thanks all for your responses. We all have checklists and routines but 'to err is human' unfortunately.... a little slot for a safety card would cost nothing to make and would be useful.... Please DJI
2017-3-6
Use props
JonCahillPhoto
lvl.2
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-3-6 19:25
That feature already exists.... That's how I ended up kicking by own behind

I don't think I have noticed that.

Thankfully, I have a SOP to review when kicking out the Inspire through our work procedure. I have started implementing similar SOPs at home to help not forget items.
2017-3-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-3-6 19:26
Thanks all for your responses. We all have checklists and routines but 'to err is human' unfortunately.... a little slot for a safety card would cost nothing to make and would be useful.... Please DJI

Even if that was added, what would stop someone from not restocking that spare card after they forgot the primary one the first time? There would be plenty that would want another spare slot for that first "spare" slot.
2017-3-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

JonCahillPhoto Posted at 2017-3-7 06:30
I don't think I have noticed that.

Thankfully, I have a SOP to review when kicking out the Inspire through our work procedure. I have started implementing similar SOPs at home to help not forget items.

The notification is in red in the top section of the live feed next to the camera settings.
2017-3-7
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-7 14:37
Even if that was added, what would stop someone from not restocking that spare card after they forgot the primary one the first time? There would be plenty that would want another spare slot for that first "spare" slot.

Ha ha, another idea is to have a hard wired 32GB card (there is already one for data logging) that can be used as a 'spare'. To enable it, you have to agree to pay DJI $x per activation. This will both remind the forgetful pro, sting a few so that they won't forget again, and make some profit for DJI.
2017-3-7
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Well, since almost everyone has a case for their drone, one can simply stick a spare SD card inside the case.
2017-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules