DJI Go 4 App shows "Disconnected" when iPhone 6 is connected
9080 23 2017-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
garamgai
New

United States

I just got my brand new Mavic Pro. DJI Go 4 App shows "Disconnected" when i connect my iphone 6 to the remote controller. The firmware is latest. My iOS version is 9.3.1. I tried both the side port and the bottom USB. I disconnected the side port too when i tried the bottom USB. Neither one works.

Ironically, I tried my friend's iPhone 6 with same iOS and it works. My very old android phone also works with the remote. What is the potential issue with my iPhone? I used this same iPhone to connect with Phantom 3 Standard with no issue before...

I submited Tech Support ticket but the customer service has been very inefficient and refused to provide me any solution to work with my iPhone 6... It's a brand new Mavic Pro that I got and it's been very very very frustrating so far...... Can't believe they sell their products at $1000+ but fail to provide a customer service that matches the price level...

2017-3-6
Use props
Boenaparte
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1089393 ft
Hong Kong

HI Garamgai, I will probably say something that will annoy you becuase you already triple checked but just in case as I had similar issues: did you check that the cablew in which you plug the iphone is really well connected back to the remote on the left side (mine was not fully pluged in and I had disc problems)
2017-3-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

When you connect your iPhone 6 to the controller, will the battery indicator shows that it's charging for a moment?
Have you tried to change another original lightning cable to test?
2017-3-6
Use props
Deimian
New

France

i got kind of similar issue with my iPhone 6S. My OS is 10.2.1, and the install of the firmware updates doesn't works. It stops at 39%..then nothing happen... the batteries got more and more empty...
2017-3-7
Use props
garamgai
New

United States

Boenaparte Posted at 2017-3-6 22:42
HI Garamgai, I will probably say something that will annoy you becuase you already triple checked but just in case as I had similar issues: did you check that the cablew in which you plug the iphone is really well connected back to the remote on the left side (mine was not fully pluged in and I had disc problems)

It was well connected and it works with my friend's iPhone 6.
2017-3-7
Use props
garamgai
New

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-6 23:50
When you connect your iPhone 6 to the controller, will the battery indicator shows that it's charging for a moment?
Have you tried to change another original lightning cable to test?

Yes. The battery will show it's charging for a second. Yes as I mentioned it works with my friend's iPhone 6. So it's not the cable or the port...
2017-3-7
Use props
garamgai
New

United States

Deimian Posted at 2017-3-7 04:47
i got kind of similar issue with my iPhone 6S. My OS is 10.2.1, and the install of the firmware updates doesn't works. It stops at 39%..then nothing happen... the batteries got more and more empty...

Because mine doesn't connect to my iPhone I can't even update the firmware with my phone.
2017-3-7
Use props
Boenaparte
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1089393 ft
Hong Kong

garamgai Posted at 2017-3-7 07:44
Yes. The battery will show it's charging for a second. Yes as I mentioned it works with my friend's iPhone 6. So it's not the cable or the port...

OK then I'll agree that there is something seriously wrong, any help from DJI customer service ?
2017-3-7
Use props
alejandrocif
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4241083 ft
Chile

Sometimes I have the same problem. In my case I do the following: Turn off Mavic, remote and close all the apps (including DJI Go) on iphone. After that I turn on remote, then the Mavic and wait for connection between remote and Mavic. Finally I open DJI Go and normally that solves the problem.
2017-3-7
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Sounds like it's not the RC since your friend's iPhone 6 works with it.

Have you tried force-quitting all your open apps and rebooting the phone? That fixes 90% of problems. You also might have a port problem with your phone, check to see if there's any lint or gunk inside and carefully clean it out -- but don't use compressed air -- that'll blow dust up inside the phone which you definitely do not want. If you are near an Apple store the genius bar types have tools that can do hardware diagnostics. Good luck with it.
2017-3-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Just as Ex Machina mentioned, it's not the issue with RC.
Please try with his advice and test again.
2017-3-8
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've had this problem a few times..controller connects to Mavic but the Go app says disconnected...after messing around with what to start first I now just unplug the cable and plug it back in when it's connected. I get the app and everything is good...can't explain it and hope it's that simple for you.
2017-3-8
Use props
philjory
lvl.3
United Kingdom

alejandrocif Posted at 2017-3-7 18:18
Sometimes I have the same problem. In my case I do the following: Turn off Mavic, remote and close all the apps (including DJI Go) on iphone. After that I turn on remote, then the Mavic and wait for connection between remote and Mavic. Finally I open DJI Go and normally that solves the problem.

Ditto           
2017-3-8
Use props
Smokey Delgado
lvl.1
Flight distance : 43392 ft
United States

There seem to be a lot of threads about this issue, but I haven't really been able to glean anything definitive out of them.

I took my Mavic out for it's very first flight and within 30 seconds the phone disconnected. I should have known something was up, since I had to mess around with it to connect in the first place.  I had full control with the remote and landed it manually just fine. Unfortunately when I did the CSC command to shut the motors down the Mavic did a nice back flip, which scuffed the battery, folded the left rear leg up and cracked a prop. Now I know to just hold throttle down for a few seconds to kill the motors. Awesome end to my first flight!

I am running on a nearly new iPhone 7 Plus. Has anything definitive been published about DJI or the community on this issue? After giving the drone a once over I hooked everything back up and it disconnected again, then I messed with the cable a bit and I left it for a while and it never disconnected. What is a bit unnverving, I have 3 friends with a Mavic who have never had this issue.

Since this was literally the first flight and I am having issues, just wondering if I should take the sucker back and exchange it for a different one or just wait and see. I do have DJI Care - I assume if anything catastrophic happens that will help in this situation.
2017-7-11
Use props
el pelo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 236768 ft
United States

I have a similar issue with disconnects on an almost new iPhone 7+

I used to be able to put my phone in Airplane mode and that would solve the problem. Unfortunately last night that did not work. Kinda frustrated and there seem to be a lot of these threads...

Once the camera disconnects it's not really fun to fly anymore.
2017-7-11
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

You say "My iOS version is 9.3.1.". That's a pretty old os, your phone is capable of running the newest iOS version without any problems. Is there a particular reason you haven't upgraded? That may be a part of your issues. Which iOS version does your friends phone have?

Also, try uninstalling the dji go 4 app and reinstalling it if you haven't already. And clean out your lightning port - they have a tendency to collect pocket lint and other crap which can disable connections.
2017-7-11
Use props
Smokey Delgado
lvl.1
Flight distance : 43392 ft
United States

I may have found the culprit in my case. I also have an android device available to use so I swapped the cord for micro-usb. The end of the cord that goes into the controller is night and day with the lightning cable. The micro-usb fits very firmly and isn't easy to remove. The lightning cable practically falls out by itself. You barely have to touch it for the plug to come out. Once I swapped to the new cable I haven't had a single disconnect issue.

Also, I wrote to DJI support about the issue, and wow, the support is just as bad as I have read. I pray I don't have an actual issue.
2017-7-14
Use props
mavic-man
lvl.1

Russia

Mavic Pro works with iphone 6 (not s) well. Mavic Pro is bought in the apple store in New York on 5av 08.2017, produced 05.2017. Iphone with iOS 10.3.2 is manufactured on 07.2017.
2017-8-15
Use props
fans5a1e5b99
New
Flight distance : 57280 ft
United States

i just resolved this issue on my p4. you need to turn of the apple device, go to iTunes on your computer, while pressing the home button on your powered down apple device plug it into your computer continue to hold the home button until the restore screen pops up on your phone/pad. then on your computer select the update option. this will reinstall you ios if its already up to date. after its complete you should be good to connect to your controller again.
2017-10-30
Use props
lipoching
lvl.1
United States

fans5a1e5b99 Posted at 2017-10-30 15:36
i just resolved this issue on my p4. you need to turn of the apple device, go to iTunes on your computer, while pressing the home button on your powered down apple device plug it into your computer continue to hold the home button until the restore screen pops up on your phone/pad. then on your computer select the update option. this will reinstall you ios if its already up to date. after its complete you should be good to connect to your controller again.

So is the problem with the iOS of the device?  I have 3 Apple devices that my phantom won’t connect to - all were recent,y upgraded from older devices that worked - no  “disconnected” issue on the older devices.  I also updated the iOS right before restoring all my content from iTunes on the new devices.  

The phantom connects to other people’s phones  - just not mine.  I was thinking that I did something to my devices during the upgrade and restore.  So if your solution reinstalls a fresh iOS it might solve my problem.  
2017-12-1
Use props
lipoching
lvl.1
United States

fans5a1e5b99 Posted at 2017-10-30 15:36

So is the problem with the iOS of the device?  I have 3 Apple devices that my phantom won’t connect to - all were recent,y upgraded from older devices that worked - no  “disconnected” issue on the older devices.  I also updated the iOS right before restoring all my content from iTunes on the new devices.  

The phantom connects to other people’s phones  - just not mine.  I was thinking that I did something to my devices during the upgrade and restore.  So if your solution reinstalls a fresh iOS it might solve my problem.  
2017-12-1
Use props
lipoching
lvl.1
United States

I can confirm that doing a restore on my iPhone6s from iTunes that resets to the factory settings worked for me.  I haven't tried to restore my settings and apps from the backup though.   
2017-12-1
Use props
fans4512a077
New
Mexico

I've had the same problems of not being able to properly connect "(Disconnected" message on DJI App) to the Remote Control from my iPhone 6S, but believe I have now found a solution. First, I discovered that the small blackcable on the remote doesn't work, so I plug in through the USB port. If you are going to do this, make sure the black cable is unplugged from the remote. Also ensure you have the latest software/firmware updates. And make sure you are trying to open for a Mavic Pro with the App, not for some other DJI model.

Shut down your phone. Then start up the drone, followed by the remote control. As the remote starts up, it will also start up your phone. Enter your password and start up the DJI app. You should now be connected, or at least this has now worked for me every time since I started doing this.
2018-1-3
Use props
barr_dsb
lvl.1
Malaysia

I'm having the same problem with iPhone6 but with same cable my iPhone6s+ can connect to the RC.
With iPhone6, when connecting thru lightning cable the rc doesn't momentarily charge the iPhone and in DJI Go App cannot seem to recognize the connection with the rc.

I thought there is some sort of problem with the iPhone6 as it was i believed refurbished one returned by Apple when I sent the original to them as it was diagnosed with battery bloating issue.

However when I switch off both iPhone6 and rc, and then switch on the rc, somehow the rc switched on the iPhone. But the DJI Go App still cannot recognize the connection to rc.

I can however connect the iPhone6 to my Mavic Air thru wifi though.
2018-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules