Gesture mode automatically switched to active track
1124 8 2017-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pandakev
lvl.2
Flight distance : 548763 ft
Australia

As stated above, dji go 4 app says 'camera setting automatically adjusted to active track' (as a warning) when entered into huestirw mode.  For mavic. Anyone might know the reason, previously the gesture mode works well. Also does anyone know whether this function is controlled by dji Go app's calculation or internally in the aircraft? (How does it work?)
2017-3-7
Use props
Pandakev
lvl.2
Australia

Gesture mode *^
2017-3-7
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

Does it work first in Gesture Mode, and then actually switch into Active Track at some point on its own? I wonder if it's similar to what I had a few days ago, where mine switched from Active Track into Course Lock mode on its own. http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=87010
2017-3-7
Use props
NoSale
lvl.3
Flight distance : 460958 ft
United States

One my 3rd flight (the first outing to fly my Mavic), I tried Gesture mode.  I had successfully positioned the Mavic, set the RC on the ground, gestured and gotten a few successful shots off.  I distinctly remember that when I leaned down to pick up the RC, the Mavic moved towards me.  It was very surprising and alarming.  I thought I had an odd behavior on my hands, but was successful at moving away and eventually landing safely.

Later, I reviewed the logs and found that when I put my AC in gesture mode, it was noted as Active Track.  As I leaned over to pick up my RC, the AC was simply moving forward to stay on track with myself as the defined subject.  What I have found, and believe to be normal behavior, is that Gesture mode is also one of the Active Track modes, much like Spotlight, Trace and Profile (although not called from the Active Track submenu).  On other flights to test gesture mode, I found that I could launch gesture mode (after positioning), then have the AC follow me around.  At any point in time, I could use the appropriate hand signal to trigger the camera's 3-2-1 countdown.

I just came to believe this was normal behavior, but would be interested to know if my perception was wrong.......
2017-3-7
Use props
Pandakev
lvl.2
Australia

Jason Lane Posted at 2017-3-7 10:40
Does it work first in Gesture Mode, and then actually switch into Active Track at some point on its own? I wonder if it's similar to what I had a few days ago, where mine switched from Active Track into Course Lock mode on its own. http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=87010

yeah it worked at the start but now it does not work anymore. Wondering have you got a fix for it? Did u try reinstall the dji go app 4?
2017-3-7
Use props
Mayoo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 299708 ft
Canada

Yes it will switch .read  the manual. it needs to find you thus active track will be enabled ..
2017-3-7
Use props
Pandakev
lvl.2
Australia

Mayoo Posted at 2017-3-7 16:47
Yes it will switch .read  the manual. it needs to find you thus active track will be enabled ..

Yes, i waved to the drone multiple times, no recognition at all, time was about 3pm in a sunny afternoon.
2017-3-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Did you recognize by the aircraft from the first step by clicking the "GO" button?   
If convenient, please use a screen recording app to make a short video for better assistance.
2017-3-9
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2103150 ft
United States

I noticed this too. I switched to gesture mode, waved my arms, then did the gesture to take a photo. It worked twice following this same procedure... But at the end of the second photo, it switched to active track and followed me as I bent down to pick up the controller. Yesterday, the same thing happened, the only difference being that the front red LEDs blinked, but no photo was taken. It still switched to active track. I'm running all the latest firmware in the controller, the MP (1000), and the batteries.
2017-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules