Dead Battery
1457 10 2015-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rivera_albert.c
lvl.3
Flight distance : 377966 ft
United States

OK, I was so happy with my Phantom I got a second one, I even got the one with the pelican case.  Of course I have been using the first phantom mostly, I went ahead and fired up the new on, it has been sitting in the case for over a month, I had charged the batteries.  One of the batteries of the second phantom, it was used just once, I went to charge it & it's dead!  no lights on it when I plug in charger, I thought can it be the charger, but I plodded in another battery & it's fine.   How can this new battery go bad after just one use?   they are not cheap, so I would think that since they are expensive they will work.   This is not cool if it doesn't get replaced.   If someone can steer me in the right direction as to the course of action I can take, it will be greatly appreciated.
2015-2-23
Use props
PhantomHelp
lvl.3

United States

It's possible that you damaged the battery if you kept it fully charged for 10+ days. They are not meant to be stored fully charged for long periods of time.
2015-2-23
Use props
Observer 2
lvl.2

United States

Did you try to turn on the battery without plugging it into the charger?  If the battery is at 75% or higher, it needs to be turned on first before you plug it into the charger to bring it to 100%, or it won't charge if it is turned off when you connect it.
2015-2-23
Use props
rivera_albert
lvl.3
United States

Ok, and where in the dji documentation does it give you that warning?   The battery was fine, I flew with it this last Friday, used the battery until it was down to less than %=25%  I was about to charge it today, I pressed the power button on the battery,  but no lights, seemed totally dead, plugged into the charger over 30 minutes ago, and still no lights
2015-2-23
Use props
Observer 2
lvl.2

United States

It is on page 9  section 2.3 # 2
battery charging.jpg
2015-2-23
Use props
Observer 2
lvl.2

United States

Do you have a green light on the charger before you plug the battery into it?
2015-2-23
Use props
rivera_albert
lvl.3
United States

I'm charging the other battery with the same charger, so it's working fine,  now that page says when it reaches 0 it's no longer operational, but the manual also says that the battery has a discharge protection, it has been used only once, how can a new expensive battery be dead after using it once.
2015-2-23
Use props
Observer 2
lvl.2

United States

rivera_albert@c Posted at 2015-2-24 12:27
I'm charging the other battery with the same charger, so it's working fine,  now that page says when ...

Hold the start button down until it starts to flash red,  about 10 to 15 seconds.
2015-2-23
Use props
rivera_albert
lvl.3
United States

I tried that, still dead
2015-2-23
Use props
Observer 2
lvl.2

United States

Contact the place you purchased it. Talk with them.
2015-2-23
Use props
rivera_albert
lvl.3
United States

Ok I will  contact them.   Thank you all for the input.
2015-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules