Urgent Help required with Upgrade
1269 15 2017-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
glasgowdave
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi Guys
I have had the Mavic for a full week now and after initially powering up, It requested a Firmware upgrade
I tried over numerous nights doing the upgrade via the Go 4 app, always sticking at 73%.
I tried also on several occasions using the Assistant 2 via my pc, and again it is failing at 68% every time.
I have literally, spent all told 14-16 hrs trying to get this upgraded, without success. all forum entries I have read, users seem to get there by repeatedly trying.
I am travelling on holiday tomorrow, and was so looking fwd to taking this with me, but as things stand now, I see no point.
Is there anyone amongst the many experts on here, that could kindly advise me on a way forward. I am so desperate to try this
little beauty out.   Thanks in advance.
2017-3-8
Use props
Wes1977
lvl.2
Flight distance : 363862 ft
United States

have you tried it from a diffrent phone or tablet?  Tried unistalling the dji go4 app?
2017-3-8
Use props
glasgowdave
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Wes1977, thanks for the reply .Yes I have tried on 2 different devices, obviously they have there own DJI go 4 app, So I'm at a loss unfortunately.
2017-3-8
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

If possible, do it on a PC (or Mac) with a LAN connection instead of Wi-Fi using the DJI Assistant program. Then make sure you have a verified good micro-USB cable. Then start by just doing the RC first...hook the RC to the PC (or Mac) and do the update. Once it has completed, unplug the remote and turn it off and then do the Mavic Pro the same way. There are lots of reports that the Mavic or the remote will create a lot of Wi-Fi interference and cause issues on your network....report back if this doesn't work.
2017-3-8
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

glasgowdave Posted at 2017-3-8 09:56
Wes1977, thanks for the reply .Yes I have tried on 2 different devices, obviously they have there own DJI go 4 app, So I'm at a loss unfortunately.

IPHONE 6s+ worked for me every time and make sure you have strong WIFI and or full bars network.
Once I use MINI4.
2017-3-8
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

glasgowdave Posted at 2017-3-8 09:56

IPHONE 6s+ worked for me every time and make sure you have strong WIFI and or full bars network.
Once I use MINI4.
2017-3-8
Use props
Wes1977
lvl.2
Flight distance : 363862 ft
United States

Heavysledz Posted at 2017-3-8 10:03
If possible, do it on a PC (or Mac) with a LAN connection instead of Wi-Fi using the DJI Assistant program. Then make sure you have a verified good micro-USB cable. Then start by just doing the RC first...hook the RC to the PC (or Mac) and do the update. Once it has completed, unplug the remote and turn it off and then do the Mavic Pro the same way. There are lots of reports that the Mavic or the remote will create a lot of Wi-Fi interference and cause issues on your network....report back if this doesn't work.

I did have a problem downloading my upgrade due to the wifi being washed out.  I had to be in the same room as my wifi router to get it to work.  I'm assuming his is not stuck in the downloading side.
2017-3-8
Use props
glasgowdave
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Heavysledz  Thanks mate I have tried on my home & works network , both times using Wi-Fi. So when I head home tonight I'll plug a Lan cable in and do it directly and in the sequence you indicated.
dronist  I'm using an Android phone , it' quite new. Thanks for the advice -   as above I'll download directly via the Lan connection and update here.
2017-3-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

glasgowdave Posted at 2017-3-8 10:08
Heavysledz  Thanks mate I have tried on my home & works network , both times using Wi-Fi. So when I head home tonight I'll plug a Lan cable in and do it directly and in the sequence you indicated.
dronist  I'm using an Android phone , it' quite new. Thanks for the advice -   as above I'll download directly via the Lan connection and update here.

The update can take up to 30 minutes, when it hangs up you need to leave it and it will continue.
2017-3-8
Use props
glasgowdave
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJII-Ken  Thanks for replying -  i get an error message stating that it has failed.. The RC is updated, It's just the Drone itself.   
I have just tried again using the Lan cable directly into my router to no avail. It gets to 68% and hangs, then I get failed to load error
message.  i despair that I may have bought a brick.!!!
I leave for the airport in the early hours, without the Mavic, i'm afraid. I despair that an upgrade can be so difficult. .
If anyone has any other thoughts on the matter, then I can give it one more try.  

2017-3-8
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

Can you do a factory reset on it using the DJI Assistant ? try that first then update via the assistant again. If it still causes issues, downgrade and try again.
If you were passing by Dumfries, i'd try it for you ;)
2017-3-8
Use props
glasgowdave
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Danny -B =  cheers I'll try that. I;ll be passing by, but at 30,000ft unfortunately. Ill post how I get on..
2017-3-8
Use props
fanseb85c303
lvl.3

United States

I have to admit.  Everytime I do a firmware upgrade its a marathon of sorts.  My wifi constantly disconnects for some reason.  It flat out sucks honestly.  I've tried both DJI assistant and the app.  
2017-3-8
Use props
Thudd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1624787 ft
United States

fanseb85c303 Posted at 2017-3-8 13:48
I have to admit.  Everytime I do a firmware upgrade its a marathon of sorts.  My wifi constantly disconnects for some reason.  It flat out sucks honestly.  I've tried both DJI assistant and the app.

Also, you might check if you're using  DJI Assistant 2 v.1.1.0    https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... sistant+2+1.1.0.exe
Clicking link will download the software, careful!
2017-3-8
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Know this one works. Least on mine https://www.dropbox.com/s/4l05yt ... B2%2B1.0.7.exe?dl=0
2017-3-8
Use props
glasgowdave
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have tried all the recommendations, and also been talking to the DJI support. They recommend that I take it back under the '14 day return policy'. So heading back to Jessops today, which sucks, as it will probably be months before I get a replacement...  Thanks to all above who tried to assist.
2017-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules