2065 21 2015-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
colin.hinkle.gm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 767411 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here is my latest video partially shot with a DJI Inspire 1. The Inspire gets a lot of screen time in the video.

2015-2-23
Use props
info.rossfeighe
lvl.1

United States

Nice shots!  I'm a Chicagoan with an inspire too and have been shooting some similar stuff but haven't edited anything together yet.  You got any extra batteries you might consider "renting" on a daily basis?  I've got 3 tb47s and a tb48 on order so I'm in pretty good shape but certain days I try to shoot longer and don't have enough time to recharge.
2015-2-23
Use props
sebdetan
lvl.1

France

Really Nice and Smooth, I like those 3 or 4 color Trees...
2015-2-24
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Excellent work!
2015-2-24
Use props
bubo_bubo
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Nice video and I like your production company name.

What music do you use out of interest?
2015-2-24
Use props
ChadAustin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 139731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good work!
2015-2-24
Use props
dwartenburg.gma
lvl.2
United States

That is some serious footage,  WOW!!!!!!

You should really consider giving photography lessons, so many of us have Inspire 1's and no idea of how to shoot video. Nice job!

2015-2-24
Use props
chato1974.gmail
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3657356 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can tell the parts the inspire too because the horizon has the Inspire tilt happening. I always have to adjust mine -.08 because it's never level.

Great video I wish to become as good someday
2015-2-24
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

Loved it Grew up in Chicago myself.
2015-2-24
Use props
Abe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

Beautifully done. I live in California and had to put on a sweater after watching that :-)
2015-2-24
Use props
benjaminsink
lvl.2

United States

Love it, taking it through the tunnel and trees pays off afterwards. Good job!
2015-2-25
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Do they have any laws in Chicago with regard to operating UAV's over densly populated areas? I live in the mountains in BC and don't have the same issues but I continually read that getting permission to do that sort of thing is next to impossible. I can see why, if you did have some type of failure the aircraft could easily kill someone. So how does one get permission to shoot such awesome footage in a major city? Do you just do it and take your chances? Or do you go through some really lengthy application process? Is there liability insurance out there for that? Just curious, cuz there seems to be a lot of aerial video over densly populated areas dispite the fact that permission is rarely if ever granted.
2015-2-26
Use props
kilowong.gmail
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20741 ft
Hong Kong

beautiful!  looks like a movie! very christopher nolan
2015-2-26
Use props
jsclark89.gmail
lvl.2
Flight distance : 210719 ft

Canada

Awesome footage! Makes me want to test the cold weather limits of my Inspire now, I've been taking it easy around -5C or below.
2015-2-26
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Dangair Posted at 2015-2-26 18:04
Do they have any laws in Chicago with regard to operating UAV's over densly populated areas? I live  ...

Probably just ignored whatever regulations are in place unless we are corrected otherwise.

Some real good filming, but doubt any aviation authority especially US would grant flying over a busy Freeway for obvious risks.

2015-2-26
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

GB44 Posted at 2015-2-27 00:58
Probably just ignored whatever regulations are in place unless we are corrected otherwise.

Some re ...

Yes, that's what I thought. I too think the footage is fantastic but I question the behaviour as it threatens the use of UAV technology for the rest of us. It seems to me this rogue mentality has become the norm with not only UAV's but RC as well. People are taking risks that, at that moment seem acceptable, until something very bad happens. All of the sudden you realize that the serial no. on your quad copter is traceable to your Visa card... I urge people thinking that this can't happen to them to re consider. You are flying a deadly weapon, that for the most part is still u proven technology. The rules are not created to limit use, they are there to protect you and others from bad things happening. Please people don't wreck it for others and the industry. We are at the edge of what is acceptable right now and if some of us continue to do unsafe things DJI will be forced to lock down our many thousand dollar multi rotors.
2015-2-26
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

That said... We are in our infancy as a hobby and industry. There will always be those that challenge authority and are "on the edge". Perhaps that is what is the true essence of flying is about. And the risk to some may be offset by the reward of a truly great shot. That footage is a testament to what can be accomplished with what used to cost 10 grand or more. While 8 props are great I think some of us would prefer 3 Inspires.
2015-2-26
Use props
jonathanp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 519275 ft
Canada

Awesome video.  The most risky shots were flying over the busy highway!
2015-2-26
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Dangair Posted at 2015-2-27 02:40
Yes, that's what I thought. I too think the footage is fantastic but I question the behaviour as i ...

Yep,

You said it all.
Even CASA in Australia are looking at YouTube and prosecuting individuals using the YouTube videos as evidence.  So we as UAV Pilots need to be responsible for our actions.  

If you want to take the risk thats a decision for the individual, but as the saying goes "if you cant do the time, dont do the crime"
2015-2-26
Use props
t.yurdagel
lvl.1

New Zealand

really nice shots!!
2015-2-26
Use props
info.rossfeighe
lvl.1

United States

I live in Chicago too, there are no local UAV laws as far as I know but I mostly fly in parks or over the lakefront beach, I would not have flown over Lake Shore Drive (clip in the original posters video) as it's one of the busiest roads in Chicago.  It seemed like he sent the link to his video to every major newspaper in Chicago though, many of them have reblogged it. Hopefully it doesn't tick any authorities off!
2015-2-26
Use props
briandurra
New

United States

info.rossfeighe Posted at 2015-2-24 15:34
Nice shots!  I'm a Chicagoan with an inspire too and have been shooting some similar stuff but haven ...

If you are still interested in renting Inspire One batteries in the Chicago area I rent them and I'm located in the city.  You can contact me at bdurra1@icloud.com if you are interested.  Thanks
2015-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules