DJI Care issue [solved]
1801 22 2017-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Boomer350
lvl.2
Flight distance : 338638 ft
Canada

I purchased my mavic with DJI care in January. When it finally arrived, it was DOA with the blurry right image and was promptly returned within the 7 days.  I waited a month - even with DJI care to be approved for a replacement.  Now they will not adjust my dji care effective from the activation date of the replacement unit, so I lost over a month of coverage. unacceptable.. I haven't had a chance to test the new unit so not sure if I even got a good one-  The package job sure was garbage, everything in the box was loose. Buyer beware!
2017-3-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Boomer350, could you please provide me with the SN of your aircraft and your case number?
I'll help to forward your information to designated team and get it solved as soon as possible.
2017-3-8
Use props
Bax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 749413 ft
Australia

Sorry it sounds like you have had issues and are disappointed.

I wouldn't call that a scam though.
You have a replacement as the plan is designed. I do think you should have delays out of your hands adjusted on your plan.

Good luck
2017-3-8
Use props
The Rev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
United Kingdom

Bax Posted at 2017-3-8 23:39

This should have nothing to do with the Care plan as it was deemed DOA its a warranty replacement and the date should start from the date that was received and registered
2017-3-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You will probably have to change your care refresh to new Mavic and care will start when you activate new Mavic. So maybe change your header, as this is by no means a Scam..
2017-3-9
Use props
AACY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518012 ft
United States

I don't see where is the Scam! Should reconsider changing the title of the post mate.
2017-3-9
Use props
Boomer350
lvl.2
Canada

It absolutely is a scam, they advertise expedited service for dji care purchasers. How is waiting over a month for a simple DOA replacement 'expedited'? this was just for replacement approval! Luckily the local dealer held a replacement in stock for me but they weren't authorized to replace mine until dji received and inspected it. Therefore I lost 10% of my DJI care coverage - I have emailed, called, chatted multiple times and they have all told me it is not possible to adjust the dji care. The new unit has been transferred onto my dji care plan and it is showing me the original activation date of the first unit.
2017-3-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Boomer350 Posted at 2017-3-9 14:04
It absolutely is a scam, they advertise expedited service for dji care purchasers. How is waiting over a month for a simple DOA replacement 'expedited'? this was just for replacement approval! Luckily the local dealer held a replacement in stock for me but they weren't authorized to replace mine until dji received and inspected it. Therefore I lost 10% of my DJI care coverage - I have emailed, called, chatted multiple times and they have all told me it is not possible to adjust the dji care. The new unit has been transferred onto my dji care plan and it is showing me the original activation date of the first unit.

Maybe if you put up your case details, and if you give your serial number to dji Mindy , people will get behind you, but just having a rant and not seemingly wanting give your serial number to try get it sorted, is not helping you..
2017-3-9
Use props
Boomer350
lvl.2
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-3-9 14:23
Maybe if you put up your case details, and if you give your serial number to dji Mindy , people will get behind you, but just having a rant and not seemingly wanting give your serial number to try get it sorted, is not helping you..

Sorry I had to respond to all the fanboys and didn't have the serial handy:

08QDE2E01200GV
2017-3-9
Use props
Bax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 749413 ft
Australia

Perhaps then the title should read

"DJI customer rant"

Still no scam here.

Good luck
2017-3-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Boomer350 Posted at 2017-3-9 14:30

08QDE2E01200GV

Might be better to give that to dji Mindy who's looking for it in post number 2.
2017-3-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Boomer350 Posted at 2017-3-9 14:30

08QDE2E01200GV

Could you please provide me with your case number as well?
Please click the reply button so I can see you are responding to me.
2017-3-10
Use props
Boomer350
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-10 02:02
Could you please provide me with your case number as well?
Please click the reply button so I can see you are responding to me.

Hi Mindy, I was never given a case number.
2017-3-11
Use props
Boomer350
lvl.2
Canada

Boomer350 Posted at 2017-3-11 15:10
Hi Mindy, I was never given a case number.

Try #423236. Found it in an email I was CC'd on from the dealer.
2017-3-11
Use props
Boomer350
lvl.2
Canada

fansca9280ea Posted at 2017-3-9 05:54
I would like to see pics of packaging. I'm sure all mavics are packed the same, unless you received it in a crackerjack box, I'd like to see pics.
DJI is far from a scam because you think you lost a whole month of warranty. Warranty starts when you get the drone and activate it. Your not the special exception. Its the same for everyone.

Yes the packaging was the same as the first unit I received, however it must  have been missing some foam or cardboard dividers.  Everything was loose enough to wiggle around in the box, the remote  cables worked their way out of their compartment and were in loose with the mavic.  

Also this isn't about the warranty, but DJI care refresh which is the 12 month insurance  plan.  It should start effective the activation of the replacement unit and not the first defective unit.  This wouldn't be an issue if the dealer was able to replace the DOA unit with the one they had sitting on the shelf, instead I waited over a month for DJI to authorize the replacement.
2017-3-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Boomer350 Posted at 2017-3-11 15:23
Try #423236. Found it in an email I was CC'd on from the dealer.

Thank you.
Our DJI Care support team are working on your case.
If I get any update, I'll let you know.
2017-3-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Boomer350 Posted at 2017-3-12 10:52
Yes the packaging was the same as the first unit I received, however it must  have been missing some foam or cardboard dividers.  Everything was loose enough to wiggle around in the box, the remote  cables worked their way out of their compartment and were in loose with the mavic.  

Also this isn't about the warranty, but DJI care refresh which is the 12 month insurance  plan.  It should start effective the activation of the replacement unit and not the first defective unit.  This wouldn't be an issue if the dealer was able to replace the DOA unit with the one they had sitting on the shelf, instead I waited over a month for DJI to authorize the replacement.

Your DJI Care Refresh has been updated.
Please check the remaining balance from below link:
https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/coverage
2017-3-12
Use props
Boomer350
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-12 19:58
Your DJI Care Refresh has been updated.
Please check the remaining balance from below link:
https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/coverage

Thank you DJI Mindy! Apparently I should have come here first.  Appreciate the help.
2017-3-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Boomer350 Posted at 2017-3-12 21:04
Thank you DJI Mindy! Apparently I should have come here first.  Appreciate the help.

No problem at all.
Would you mind me changing your title into DJI Care issue?
2017-3-12
Use props
Boomer350
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-12 23:11
No problem at all.
Would you mind me changing your title into DJI Care issue?

I've been trying to figure out how to do that, where do I edit the thread title?
2017-3-13
Use props
Range30
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11281079 ft
United States

Bax Posted at 2017-3-8 23:39

I definetly agree with BAX and wouldn't call it a Scam. DJI Support can be frustrating to deal with at times but overall, they get shiz done. Kudos to all the DJI support moderators for all your hard work efforts in assisting DJI members
2017-3-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Boomer350 Posted at 2017-3-13 21:04
I've been trying to figure out how to do that, where do I edit the thread title?

I have edited that. Thank you for your cooperation. :-)
2017-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules