My experience with Autel vs Dji a positive review.
1751 14 2017-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TexasTurbo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1172484 ft
United States

Ok, so my phantom 4 Black edition was sent into repair to Dji. Shell cracks left rear motor after 120 flights. In the mean time waiting for repair. I decided to purchase and try out the Autel Xstar premium. Based on peoples reviews of it. Everyone says it's a great copter rave reviews. I like the fact that it came in a nice package. However, after a few flights with it I wasn't impressed as a P4 owner. First off straight out of the box the range is limited. Second to that video drop outs under 2000 feet. Annoying voice prompts for everthing video signal interference. Then there was this where the p4 would have no problem with it. On a windy day trying to return home the copter just sat there for 15 mintes trying to come home while the battery was depleting.. Pushing the right stick forward "Sport mode" nope. Frustrating I tried everything but I was flying an orange kite. I finally got it home but wow. So, what I did next is returned that orange pumkin kite. And purchased another phantom 4 in white while my black edition is being repaired. Those of you whom complain about Dji take heed they make a superior product.

This is my experience and yes I own 2 phantom 4's now.
2017-3-12
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

I too am the proud owner of 2 Phantom 4's after I bought one too while mine is being repaired, only thing that is upsetting me now is either alot of extreme wind for this area and rain...I'm itching for a nice day to fly here.
2017-3-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Did DJI come to the party and repair your black edition for free, or are they making you pay for it?
2017-3-12
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Geebax Posted at 2017-3-12 22:56
Did DJI come to the party and repair your black edition for free, or are they making you pay for it?

DJI doesn't charge for repairing the cracks of shells, if the drone is within warranty period.
2017-3-12
Use props
TexasTurbo
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-3-12 22:56

No, They had it since last Friday and I got a confirmed delivery thru ups. Called in to the call center got a verbal response they received it. Nothing has been done . Their  website won't acknowledge they received it etc and so on. Slow service poor service from Dji. Case number = CAS-488698-H8G3H1
2017-3-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

TexasTurbo Posted at 2017-3-16 18:47
No, They had it since last Friday and I got a confirmed delivery thru ups. Called in to the call center got a verbal response they received it. Nothing has been done . Their  website won't acknowledge they received it etc and so on. Slow service poor service from Dji. Case number = CAS-488698-H8G3H1

It takes several business days to check in and update the system, sorry for the inconvenience caused, we're aware of your case and reported it to the appropriate department already to help you receive an update as soon as possible.
2017-3-16
Use props
TexasTurbo
lvl.2
United States

TexasTurbo Posted at 2017-3-16 18:47

It's pretty good I added insurance thru ups wow Dji. Great service. At this rate I may or not see my quadcopter repaired maybe it will take three months. Maybe since they haven't acknowledged the reciecieved it yet. It some how fell out of the airplane over venice beach. So sorry I have proof of delivery

2017-3-16
Use props
TexasTurbo
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-16 19:07
It takes several business days to check in and update the system, sorry for the inconvenience caused, we're aware of your case and reported it to the appropriate department already to help you receive an update as soon as possible.

Natalia Dji, makes a good product not saying they don't but your service is the worst ever. Like ok sending a drone in for repair ups gives ya a confirmed delivery and time stamped. Your repair service online hasn't even recognized it's been received almost a week and running. That's poor service people look to see a confirmation.
2017-3-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

TexasTurbo Posted at 2017-3-16 19:27
Natalia Dji, makes a good product not saying they don't but your service is the worst ever. Like ok sending a drone in for repair ups gives ya a confirmed delivery and time stamped. Your repair service online hasn't even recognized it's been received almost a week and running. That's poor service people look to see a confirmation.

We can understand how you feel, appreciate for your feedback and we're working to improve the service to make your experience with us better.
According to the UPS info, it's delivered, apology again for the delay for checking in.
2017-3-16
Use props
TexasTurbo
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-16 23:33
We can understand how you feel, appreciate for your feedback and we're working to improve the service to make your experience with us better.
According to the UPS info, it's delivered, apology again for the delay for checking in.

Thank you Natalia and Dji Jamie. These two got the ball rolling.. Apparently I got two emails today one of recognition. And here is the other one. Hi Bill,  

We wanted to reach out and update you that your repair is now in progress.

We appreciate your patience and will update you again once the evaluation is complete.

As a courtesy we upgraded outbound shipping to 2day to make up some time as a courtesy.

Thank you for your understanding!

2017-3-17
Use props
TJF059
lvl.2
Flight distance : 207064 ft
Australia

How the hell do you afford to buy a new p4 just while waiting for one to be repaired.I wish
2017-3-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

TexasTurbo Posted at 2017-3-17 15:28
Thank you Natalia and Dji Jamie. These two got the ball rolling.. Apparently I got two emails today one of recognition. And here is the other one. Hi Bill,  

Good to hear it's moving forward, you'll be up and running again soon.
2017-3-17
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

TJF059 Posted at 2017-3-17 16:40
How the hell do you afford to buy a new p4 just while waiting for one to be repaired.I wish

You save a lot of money when you cut back on smoking.
2017-3-17
Use props
TexasTurbo
lvl.2
United States

TJF059 Posted at 2017-3-17 16:40

I make a lot of money. Been doing what I do for years and it's finally paying off. It's called a profession at first it doesn't pay. But in time it will.
2017-3-17
Use props
TexasTurbo
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-17 16:46
Good to hear it's moving forward, you'll be up and running again soon.

Thank you Jamie for lighting the fire.
2017-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules