Best editing software for DNG and ProRes
1529 4 2017-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1874daa7
lvl.1
United States

Can anyone please recommend the best post-production editing software to use for Cinema DNG and ProRes footage captured using an Inspire 2?

2017-3-14
Use props
raven4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 86194 ft
United States

Really depends on a lot of things. For example, Adobe After FX will import cDNG thru CAMERA RAW; and, that gives you some pretty nice chromatic aberration and distortion corrections. The thing is, AFX is extremely S  l  o  w in its processing. OTOH, DaVinci Resolve is much quicker, without the built in CA and distortion corrections.
2017-3-14
Use props
fans1874daa7
lvl.1
United States

raven4 Posted at 2017-3-14 12:42
Really depends on a lot of things. For example, Adobe After FX will import cDNG thru CAMERA RAW; and, that gives you some pretty nice chromatic aberration and distortion corrections. The thing is, AFX is extremely S  l  o  w in its processing. OTOH, DaVinci Resolve is much quicker, without the built in CA and distortion corrections.

Ok fantastic, I'll investigate those options. Appreciated!
2017-3-14
Use props
Viper Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 31644 ft
United States

I use both DaVinci Resolve as well as Adobe Premier Pro.  Both do a very good job and offer many superb capabilities.
2017-3-14
Use props
fans1874daa7
lvl.1
United States

Viper Pilot Posted at 2017-3-14 14:15
I use both DaVinci Resolve as well as Adobe Premier Pro.  Both do a very good job and offer many superb capabilities.

Ok sounds like those two may be the way to go. Many thanks!
2017-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules