How Weather resistant?
1437 4 2015-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tonycorsoimages
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I'm thinking I know the answer to this...but anyone fly there rig in a very light snowfall?  Not a good idea?
2015-2-25
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

we've seen a number of people do it.  we've also seen a number of people recommend against it.  ive not seen any 'direct' evidence that snow CAUSED an issue with a phantom.  having said that, i would not fly mine in snow (as in FALLING snow, not clear weather with just snow on the ground).  i say that because as you move through the air, air passes into the cooling vents.  as we all know, the phantom (motors, batteries, ESCs, etc) get warm with use.  my phantom is always warm to the touch after a flight (particularly around the motor and end of the arms).  my concern would be snow going into the vent, melting (which it clearly would do as it is never below freezing inside my phantom) and that moisture causing damage to the electronics.  is it a certainty, absolutely not as people have done it.  is it too risky for my >$1000 investment?  for me it is.  hope that helps some, im sure others will reply as well.
2015-2-25
Use props
tonycorsoimages
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

yeah....thanks for the input.  I wouldn't fly it in rain...so why fly in snow because it's still moisture that I don't need.  
It should be done here shortly...anxious to get some pics from above with it...first time to try that ....here in Texas.
2015-2-25
Use props
fhagan02
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1854908 ft
United States

Be careful in cold temperatures. I fly in the cold BUT only if the sky and atmosphere have clear visibility. Check this video out. The cause is speculative but given the incredible amount of fog and moisture this wasn't a smart flight. In these conditions you can imagine how props can ice up and loose lift sending the bird to the ground.

2015-2-25
Use props
rzxrey
lvl.2

Canada

I fly in subzero temps, heavy snowfall, but only in light rain... no crashes.
2015-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules