3rd Day and Slight Gimbal Movement and "Gimbal Motor Overload"
586 4 2017-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chenz872
New
United States

Day one was spent like a kid on Christmas day, jumping around in excitment about my new Phantom 4 Pro! I also did all my firmware updates and charged all 3 batteries and RC. Day two was awesome. I ran about 5 batteries and other than some SD card formatting issues, everything was perfect. On day three it was snowing pretty good here in Batavia, NY so I was just doing some post work on the videos that I took on day 2. I wanted to test out the SD card issue after importing all files to my computer and when I turned on the RC then the DJI Go 4 app and then the P4P and I noticed that my camera was slightly panning side to side. Not much but very noticeable!! Also getting a "Gimbal Motor Overload" error. I have not been able to fix the issue no matter what I do. I calibrated IMU and Gimbal. I reset the firmware to factory on DJI Assistant 2 and installed original firmware(v01.02.034) and then reinstalled the current version(v01.03.0418) with no change. Any help on this situation would be greatly appreciated!
2017-3-19
Use props
Rgb2448
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1066795 ft
United States

Mine was doing something like that and I forgot to remove the little foam block on top of the gimbal when I first used mine. Not sure if that is it, just something to look at.
2017-3-19
Use props
chenz872
New
United States

Rgb2448 Posted at 2017-3-19 08:14
Mine was doing something like that and I forgot to remove the little foam block on top of the gimbal when I first used mine. Not sure if that is it, just something to look at.

Thanks for the reply. I took it off... Everything was working great and the next day it started doing that. I am trying to contact DJI support and I guess the phone support is not open on the weekends?? Online chat support is offline too. Mabey you can answer this for me. Since I just purchased it, and even though I have "DJI Care Refresh", this would be covered under the warranty right or will I have to use the Refresh?
2017-3-19
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

I am seriously convinced that this current  batch of drones coming out of DJI is defective.. Lot's of gimbal issues showing up lately - including mine.
2017-3-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Since you've tried all the basic troubleshooting, the problem persists.
To send it in for evaluation, you can submit a case number and apply for pickup here: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
2017-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules