Phantom 2 New Version GPS issue.
1235 5 2015-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pondy
lvl.1

Australia

Hi, I'm having trouble getting any GPS green lights up at all. I have the Phantom 2 New version, 3D H3 Zenmuse Gimbal.
If there is light cloud cover will it stop any Satellites getting through? I don't get any satellites up on my Black Pearl screen either. I have attached these images, do they look normal or do you think my GPS unit is cactus, Thanks for any helps, cheers.
Screen Shot 2015-02-26 at 4.19.32 pm.png Screen Shot 2015-02-26 at 4.28.34 pm.png
2015-2-25
Use props
brianh
lvl.1

United States

Not enough info to tell if this is similar to the issues I was having or not, but worth a try. See thread linked below.

To check, put your phantom outdoors with a good view of the sky and power it on for a good 15 mins. After 15 mins, turn your phantom off and then back on again. Give it a few mins and see if you pick up any satellites. This is what I have to do to get satellites. Have my unit at DJI currently for diagnosis and repair (hopefully).

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=7904
2015-2-26
Use props
Swerve
lvl.3

United Kingdom

You can check the satellite coverage for your area here http://satpredictor.navcomtech.com/
2015-2-26
Use props
chuck
New

United States

I also use "GPS Plan" an iOS app to see projected satellites for the flight area based on location and time of day.
2015-2-26
Use props
pondy
lvl.1

Netherlands

Yug Posted at 2015-2-26 15:25
Cloud cover is not your problem. Your attachement is not related to your GPS but ok as a reference.  ...

Everything was in line with the yellow box text, We should not have satellite issues, I've used Garmin for way points and fishing in the area and never had satellite issues.  Out of the box, had great satellite coverage.

2015-2-26
Use props
brianh
lvl.1

United States

Pondy, did you try testing what I described above? Power on for 15 mins, then power cycle and give it a few mins to pick up any sats? Usually within a minute or two actually.
2015-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules