3449 35 2017-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lemonsorbie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3809 ft
Canada

Greetings.

I am certain all "Drone/RC pilots" worldwide who either own or are thinking of owning a Mavic Pro are beginning to lose faith.

To those who have already experienced some kind of loss, I sympathize your loss.

Please vote your REAL experience with ACTUAL crashes or loss that are genuinely a fault of DJI software or hardware.

Thank you for being truthful in an effort to show real statistics that are not influence by personal emotions or regret. Hopefully this restores faith in what you once thought was a great (and still is) product you had confidence in purchasing.

The question/answer is 2 part before voting. It is based on the ACTUAL decision from DJI that your individual case was a fault of DJI. Please consider this before voting.

Single SelectVote, Total 83 people participate in voting View Poll participants
12.05% (10)
27.71% (23)
60.24% (50)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2017-3-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I think you should at least make the results public otherwise how can those thinking of getting Mavic see the results.
2017-3-26
Use props
Lemonsorbie
lvl.2
Canada

10-4 hallmark007.

Reading glasses on! Should be public now. TY
2017-3-26
Use props
Harbourside
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Firstly, who the hell wants a "Magic Pro" ?
Secondly, how will this poll help prople to have faith in DJI when you can only see the results after you have voted ?
2017-3-26
Use props
Lemonsorbie
lvl.2
Canada

Once again I see I have attracted  the negative zen and such a nice reply!

1st Harbourside, you don't have to participate. Second I did not intend to NOT show the results.
2017-3-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Lemonsorbie Posted at 2017-3-26 07:42
10-4 hallmark007.

Reading glasses on! Should be public now. TY

Good job..
2017-3-26
Use props
Lemonsorbie
lvl.2
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-3-26 07:38
I think you should at least make the results public otherwise how can those thinking of getting Mavic see the results.

Thanks for pointing that out....hopefully you can now see the results. Safe flying
2017-3-26
Use props
Harbourside
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

I dont need to partisipate in your poll as i have never crashed in the 3 years of owning DJI drones.
I was just pointing out the "Magic Pro" error and the fact that you could not see the results until after voting.

Your feeble responce to criticism is not going to win you any friends

2017-3-26
Use props
Lemonsorbie
lvl.2
Canada

Harbourside Posted at 2017-3-26 07:55
I dont need to partisipate in your poll as i have never crashed in the 3 years of owning DJI drones.
I was just pointing out the "Magic Pro" error and the fact that you could not see the results until after voting.

Well Sir! If you haven't crashed, well done.

I am trying to encourage real stats and feedback from the unfortunate.

Given we only here about "oh my Mavic flew away" and "its all On DJI"......we never hear a full follow up.

Comprehend the concept of the poll?
2017-3-26
Use props
crash-drone
lvl.1

Canada

Lemonsorbie Posted at 2017-3-26 08:00
Well Sir! If you haven't crashed, well done.

I am trying to encourage real stats and feedback from the unfortunate.

Sorry clicked wrong decision. I no expert but it appears that there might be a serious design issue here related to power and detection. from a simple look the drone (mavic, inspire, matrice, maybe more) decide to turn off on their own no matter where they are in the sky. what i've seen from online the battery has plenty of power, then battery error, about 10-20 s later drone falls out of the sky. This seems to be the drone deciding what to do not the pilot. This is scary and dangerous. Can you imagine getting hit by a drone from 200 ft or more?
2017-3-26
Use props
kaeyalin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 153665 ft
United States

I had a flyaway.  Total loss, Mavic was not recovered.  My fault: Flew beyond VLOS and wasn't paying attention to poor signal warnings.  Thankfully, insurance covered the loss.  Lesson learned...the hard way.
2017-3-26
Use props
KzooCatman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 282418 ft
United States

I've had one crash since I started flying  my Mavic in mid February.  Completely my fault  I was flying in low light conditions and was watching the Mavic instead of the camera feed as I flew it through a brushy area  It snagged a twig I could not see and fell about 4 feet immediately.  One front prop was snapped off and the other was cracked.  The scariest part for me was that a large piece of the twig was wedged between the front arm and bottom of the motor.  I opted to try to disassemble and loosen the motor so that I could try to extract the twig  It was wrapped around the bottom of the motor bushings and took some careful work with fine tweezers to break it free.  Fortunately, a quick test flight confirmed that all was well after I reattached the motor and installed new props.

2017-3-26
Use props
JohnMcL7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15295 ft
United Kingdom

I think it would be useful to have an option for those who have not had a crash nor experienced any problems with their Mavic as I agree with the point of your topic, it's normal for forums to be more biased towards problems which in turn can be misleading about the product.  I've had no issues with my Mavic as it's behaved exactly as expected.

2017-3-26
Use props
Lemonsorbie
lvl.2
Canada

JohnMcL7 Posted at 2017-3-26 16:48
I think it would be useful to have an option for those who have not had a crash nor experienced any problems with their Mavic as I agree with the point of your topic, it's normal for forums to be more biased towards problems which in turn can be misleading about the product.  I've had no issues with my Mavic as it's behaved exactly as expected.

Great addition. Edited. Thanks for the suggestion
2017-3-26
Use props
fansc2962bbc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29452 ft
Norway

What about those who have had a crash that was no pilot error, and DJI wont admitt fault ?
2017-3-26
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

Lemmon ,

This is one of the BEST polls I've seen so far .
Excellent , Good Thinking!!!!!! I hope it continues to stay up on the first page of the Form   
2017-3-27
Use props
AnzacJack
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3501650 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Why not an option on the poll for 'no problems at all
2017-3-27
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

AnzacJack Posted at 2017-3-27 03:33
Why not an option on the poll for 'no problems at all

Anzac,
I'm sure if that was an option --- it will overwhelming that many have no
problems compared to the other questions   
2017-3-27
Use props
BluePowerMF
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3576476 ft
Australia

Crashed mine three times, last one killed it.
First time I was flying low in the backyard and the dog took it out.
Second time I was showing off and clipped a tree.
Third time I was watching the display while flying close to trees and clipped some branches. Was lagging a bit but I should have been watching the drone.

2017-3-27
Use props
Lemonsorbie
lvl.2
Canada

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-3-27 03:22
Lemmon ,

This is one of the BEST polls I've seen so far .

Thanks Skunkwerks.
2017-3-27
Use props
Lemonsorbie
lvl.2
Canada

fansc2962bbc Posted at 2017-3-26 21:36
What about those who have had a crash that was no pilot error, and DJI wont admitt fault ?

Oh, not good. fansc2962bbc please tell us of your experience. TIA
2017-3-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

BluePowerMF Posted at 2017-3-27 05:12

No DJI Care Refresh ?
2017-3-27
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

Knowing this poll in now way can provide any actual beneficial information beyond random opinion and anecdotal information as seen through multiple different sets of eyes...  what's the point of this poll?  Knowing this poll is at least the 50th time a poll was setup asking for "your REAL experience with ACTUAL crashes or loss that are genuinely a fault of DJI software or hardware" - knowing uninformed people blame DJI for their crashes everyday - what's the point of this poll?  Knowing that forums are specifically setup to help people with problems - thus people with problems come to forums - what's the point of this poll?  

Please do not attempt to act like this poll will in some way provide any beneficial information to anything, living or dead.  This is simply for show and for your own amusement.  

My intent is not to be rude so I apologize if I come off that way.  It's just these polls, which always seem to be underhanded, are so overdone, played out, pointless, unhelpful and repetitive.  

2017-3-27
Use props
Lemonsorbie
lvl.2
Canada

No,offence taken.

Happy Landings
2017-3-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

BluePowerMF Posted at 2017-3-27 05:12

Ouch looks expensive.
2017-3-27
Use props
BluePowerMF
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3576476 ft
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-27 12:05
No DJI Care Refresh ?

Yeah getting on to that today.
2017-3-27
Use props
Lemonsorbie
lvl.2
Canada

BluePowerMF Posted at 2017-3-27 18:34

I just made my video, soon to submit to DJI for verification to purchase DJI Care Refresh.
2017-3-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

BluePowerMF Posted at 2017-3-27 18:34

Good deal, I think it's a must have.
2017-3-28
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

My fault both times and the Mavic amazingly recovered.  I accidentally flew my drone into a tree because I misjudged how close it would get while circling me in Active Track.  Mavic tossed out leafs and twigs, tumbled out of the tree and then auto emergency landed. Turned off, inspected, turned on and all was well.  An earlier incident occurred (shortly after I got the drone) in the evening flying down the road outside my house, I hit a leafless single branch of a tree at about 15 feet above the ground.  I was only 100 feet away and did not see the branch.  The drone was flipped over, but righted itself.  I flew back and discovered on inspection that a had a half penny sized chip out of my propeller.
2017-8-2
Use props
Boffin
Second Officer
Australia

Not looking forward to my first crash. Mavic Pro refuses to cooperate and saves me the hassles of a bleat on this forum. Flying over 9 months now and operates just as advertised so no complaints.

A careful study of the manual (multiple times) before purchasing solved most problems and I am very wary of 'updates' until this forum has discussed them.

A study of the problem threads on this forum seem to boil down to:

Inexperience, overconfidence, ignoring warnings, poor appreciation of wind speed at altitude, crappy phones, crappy pilots, not reading the manual back to front, taking off from balconies or reinforced cement, poor or no satellite count, flying indoors etcetera etcetera.

Occasionally, a real problem child comes along that has a genuine manufacturing defect and DJI seem to have been addressing these issues lately.

Recently a lost drone was replaced without the carcass, this was a first but a welcome development.

So I must join the ranks of the 'No crashes' (so far)      

2018-10-16
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Never crashed my Mavic Air till now. Had a couple of close calls, RC disconnects etc, tha was fixed by DJI once I send the drone in.
Hopefully the NO CRASHES SO FAR, will stay the same for me.
2018-10-16
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10337090 ft
Canada

mavic pro is an excellent drone. if you have never experience a crash then my hat off to you, I have,  and it was pilot error, expensive lessons yes, will I have other crashes? hope not! good poll.
2018-10-16
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

5,696,724 Ft travel distance.  That's 1,736,361 Meters, or 1,078.925 Miles.  And NEVER a crash, scratch, mishap, accident or error.  As far as I'm concerned, the Mavic Pro is a rock solid bird.  And no, I am NOT employed by DJI or any of their affiliates.  
2018-10-16
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10337090 ft
Canada

Brad Bilger Posted at 2018-10-16 09:17
5,696,724 Ft travel distance.  That's 1,736,361 Meters, or 1,078.925 Miles.  And NEVER a crash, scratch, mishap, accident or error.  As far as I'm concerned, the Mavic Pro is a rock solid bird.  And no, I am NOT employed by DJI or any of their affiliates.

congratulations to you Brad!!  tell me what kind of area do you live in?  see I live in an area with bush surroundings and all kinds of hills everywhere,  rivers and streams and so very many lakes,  the reason I am asking is that my cottage is located in NS Canada,  I fly  my drone everyday there and never had any incidents, mainly because I can see my drone for a long distance,  and I follow the beaches and travel a heck of a lot farther distance from what I fly here in the bush filled hills, that might make the difference, just saying.
2018-10-17
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

Picanoc Jack Posted at 2018-10-17 07:13
congratulations to you Brad!!  tell me what kind of area do you live in?  see I live in an area with bush surroundings and all kinds of hills everywhere,  rivers and streams and so very many lakes,  the reason I am asking is that my cottage is located in NS Canada,  I fly  my drone everyday there and never had any incidents, mainly because I can see my drone for a long distance,  and I follow the beaches and travel a heck of a lot farther distance from what I fly here in the bush filled hills, that might make the difference, just saying.

Deep in the heart of Texas.  Almost dead center between Dallas and Fort Worth.  With all the airports nearby, including DFW Airport, I have limited area where I can fly.  I found a City Park on the banks of the Trinity River and enjoy flying over the river and the woods.  I've flown some in the mountains of Colorado, but when I do that, I stick close to the home point since I have no map download ability when I find a spot up there.  LOL..
I've never even scratched my MP, but I learned on a 3DR solo and punched that one out a few times learning.  (Props only)
2018-10-17
Use props
djiuser_zvKTE7sdWxYa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 460361 ft
Greece

hello pilots.. just watching threads here and there about phantoms and mavics falling suddently from the sky due to power loss.. cant understand if its a bad battery causing all this chaos or its something inside the p4s or m2s thats are failing ex pdb.. batteries can be predicted and refreshed.. how about internal components?? keeping clean the contacts its one way but.. how about understanding whats the usual cause of these accidents and be aware of not happening again?? better safe than sorry.. right isnt it??

ps. lost a mavic because of this issue the past year.. used the care because it was a month out of warranty.. really wanted to know the cause of the incident but nobody was able to retrieve the dat file from the bottom of the sea back then.. anyway
2022-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules