12Next >
8063 60 2015-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pr0xyfl00d3r.20
New

United Kingdom

my controller was updating and was obver 30mins with Blue Solid LED and beeping

i contacted DJI support who told me to turn off the controller and try to connect the RC to the app and inspire... but they now have bricked the RC

think they should look up what the word support is

2015-2-27
Use props
Midi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5134951 ft
Germany

Try a different usb stick please and do the update again. Stick in remote, than power the remote.

I know of at least 1 person where that helped.
2015-2-27
Use props
tim.warth
lvl.2
United States

I have the same problem.

Is there a way to force load the firmware? Turning on the controller a certain way etc?
2015-2-27
Use props
lukebowerman.ya
lvl.2

Malta

Tried 2 usb sticks and still dead.
2015-2-27
Use props
Midi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5134951 ft
Germany

Hm, last idea that i have is to drain the remote batterie or maybe better, open the remote and remove the cable from the lipo and let it sit there for a while. Maybe it looses memory fragments in its ram.
If that does not help maybe a technomage from DJI knows a hardcoded command to load an update.
2015-2-27
Use props
tim.warth
lvl.2
United States

The Log file shows" Unable to obtain Firmware Version" and firmware version in the App shows 00.00; Bootloader2.00

My other completed controller shows Ground OFDM 01.07

2015-2-27
Use props
jhogge
lvl.2

United States

I wonder if DJI's advice to power off the controller while the firmware was still in progress contributed to this issue.

I work for a software developer and I can tell you that I would be terrified to do that - the possibility of causing data corruption is very high.
2015-2-27
Use props
InspiredOne
lvl.3

United States

I have the same problem. The aircraft and the controller are not communicating. Tried re-linking, but that didn't work.
2015-2-27
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had a similar issue but I did not get locked out. After watching it do nothing for 15-20 minutes I powered it off with the thumb drive in place waited a few minutes and turned it back on and the program continued to load. It was it just locked up at a certain point in the download. For the heck of it check youtube on this issue. I have had good luck getting answers there to issues.
2015-2-27
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

rodger Posted at 2015-2-28 04:06
I had a similar issue but I did not get locked out. After watching it do nothing for 15-20 minutes I ...

Another thought, when on youtube check on the being locked out issue. You may find an answer to that one as well.
Good luck
2015-2-27
Use props
tim.warth
lvl.2
United States

@jhogge

Yes, I agree as I also deal with firmware writes... however... there is always a way to roll back or put the device into bootloader mode in the field if something goes wrong.

DJI Support wasn't helpful at all. "I have no idea what's wrong. A professional should look at it." Uh.. thanks?

Was happy until today:
- Doing a shoot tomorrow with separate camera op (Need both controllers)
- Saw .17 upgrade available to correct issues, tried loading it. Craft and Controller 1 ok, Controller 2 froze
- Now see that .17 is only minor and essentially a clean-up (wouldn't have risked the upgrade for THAT)
- No way to force write the remote or boot load it.
- DJI Support was useless.

Well... I've gone from happy to pissed on a few levels in less than 12hours...

2015-2-27
Use props
InspiredOne
lvl.3

United States

tim.warth@gmail Posted at 2015-2-28 04:20
@jhogge

Yes, I agree as I also deal with firmware writes... however... there is always a way to rol ...

I even attempted a roll back, but to no avail. It's not recognizing anything! :@
2015-2-27
Use props
henon
lvl.3

France

Same thing for me , Both remotes dead
2015-2-27
Use props
InspiredOne
lvl.3

United States

henon@club-inte Posted at 2015-2-28 04:41
Same thing for me , Both remotes dead

Well, one thing is for sure, this is not a "dumb user" issue (which I was afraid it was in my case). It seems to be very wide-spread. I'm tracking three separate Inspire 1 forums at this time. Several people are having this problem. That's little consolation, though.
2015-2-27
Use props
connerinspired
lvl.1

United States

Really sucks that you guys experienced the problem. When I first noticed the firmware update this morning I couldn't wait to get home and load it in my I1.  Now I'm having second thoughts and will hold off loading the new firmware until these problems get worked out.

I heard something somewhere though that states after 3 days the I1 becomes inoperable under the old firmware?
2015-2-27
Use props
sparksthewolf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 218950 ft
United States

mine dead too turn it on status light is white no sounds tried 4 usb sticks and tried connecting to cam on inspire but nothing happens
2015-2-27
Use props
henon
lvl.3

France

Thé master rc light blue , thé slave rc purple , i tries everything nothing happens , please dji Tell us something
2015-2-27
Use props
InspiredOne
lvl.3

United States

From another Inspire 1 forum: "Called tech support, they said there was an issue, engineers are looking at it."

Let's keep our fingers crossed.
2015-2-27
Use props
jhogge
lvl.2

United States

That sounds hopeful.
2015-2-27
Use props
tim.warth
lvl.2
United States

Ok. Here's my take on it:
Controller Boots and bootloader sees .BIN file.
Bootloader compares new BIN to existing versions.
If upgrade indicated, extract file to controller (Initial 4 beeping period)
Once extracted, erase existing firmware
Then install new BIN to locations that need it (Blue LED and other beeping)
Once installed and checksum verified, give the green light.

If there is a failure beyond the extraction, it depends what part of the sequence is botched.

Since my controller version (Ground OFDM) via APP shows 00.00, my impression is... it crashed after erase, but before the write could complete.

Now, the LOG file shows
==========1970.01.01 00:00:12==========
Packet: /mnt/usb/WM610_FW_V01.02.00.17.bin,
Result: Error
Failed to obatin firmware version. Power cycle the remote controller to upgrade the firmware again.

Can we get a way to bypass the version check?

2015-2-27
Use props
will
lvl.2

United States

Thankfully made it through my update with only one minor issue:

When updating your controller, please MAKE SURE you're above a 50% charge.  It won't even TRY to read your SD card unless it is.

Good luck to all those out there thinking about updating or experiencing issues.  I have been there myself and it's not fun!!!
2015-2-27
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

Was able to update RC and take  control and video of the inspire but the inspire itself will not update. I tried 3 different SD cards and nothing happens.
2015-2-27
Use props
tim.warth
lvl.2
United States

So, I can see the software talking to the remote controller.
Send a hex string 24 35 55 0D 04 33 0A 0E 28 00 40 00 01 59 39

And it will spit back it's hardware ID:
03L0023893 and the version bytes 00 00

So... here's the question: will DJI create a repair utility app to upload the FW with a button press (which with USB communication to the device makes it possible)

... or make you send the controller back... for weeks, and cost them more money in warranty repairs..

Let's see...
2015-2-27
Use props
DJI-Terry
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Hi, All, we've noticed this issue. Our R&D are investigating on this. We will provide the solution as soon as we can.
Sorry for the inconvenience .
2015-2-27
Use props
johnmont250
lvl.3

United States

wow, im speechless.  a useless update that doesnt fix the gps-atti drop. why was this released?   to make your customers mad??  very bad decision to release this fw in my opinion, and makes dji look out of control.
2015-2-27
Use props
tim.warth
lvl.2
United States

@ DJI-Terry

What is your recommendation? Wait for the R&D fix? or Send the controller in? (Time to In Service)

Thanks,
TW
2015-2-27
Use props
airymok
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2623652 ft
Hong Kong

pidetectives@ya Posted at 2015-2-28 08:52
Was able to update RC and take  control and video of the inspire but the inspire itself will not upd ...

If you can control ur aircraft after the RC upgrade with latest firmware, it means ur aircraft is already on latest firmware. So u can't upgrade ur aircraft. See the log file in SD card, u may see "cancel".
2015-2-27
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

airymok Posted at 2015-2-28 11:14
If you can control ur aircraft after the RC upgrade with latest firmware, it means ur aircraft is  ...

Well I have not been able to upgrade the bird only the RC
2015-2-27
Use props
airymok
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2623652 ft
Hong Kong

tim.warth@gmail Posted at 2015-2-28 10:43
@ DJI-Terry

What is your recommendation? Wait for the R&D fix? or Send the controller in? (Time to  ...

tim, did u power off the RC during ur upgrading before? You must wait until the RC stop beeping and the LED turns Green for success or Red for failure.
2015-2-28
Use props
henon
lvl.3

France

Same problem than Tim , have you a solution ?
2015-2-28
Use props
sparksthewolf
lvl.1
United States

i will say after this last feasko i will never update my firmware again until they come out with a better way like the pilot app updates the controller and the controler updates the bird or direct pc connection and push firmware by means of software
2015-2-28
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Wow! This sounds totally inconclusive? I am waiting to receive my new Inspire, should be in Canada March 2 and shipped from Calgary to me. My question is... Will it already have the upgraded firmware? How can I find out? Has this issue been resolved?
2015-2-28
Use props
sparksthewolf
lvl.1
United States

you may get a perfict bird but most of us have had some sort of problem it comes with this new tech its hit and miss
2015-2-28
Use props
tim.warth
lvl.2
United States

SUCCESS. DJI Tech Support out of China solved it for me using some test files. (Yes, it's 3:47 am in New York)

Made my night/morning. I literally have a 2 operator shoot in 7 hours.

Awesome.

Reach out to them by any / all means. Except phone support to US. Email / 24hr chat on China time is best.
2015-2-28
Use props
Markc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1637933 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Had the exact problem and i then used the original memory card and changed card readers and problem solved.  I think persistence pays!
2015-2-28
Use props
jesper88
New

Denmark

Still no solutions?

I have 2 remote's, both dead and no connetion to the pilot app.
2015-3-4
Use props
tim.warth
lvl.2
United States

What is the status light of the remotes?
2015-3-4
Use props
murph10375
lvl.1

United Kingdom

From what I have seen there are two issues with updating the controller.
1: Update starts (4 beeps and blue led) After 6-8 mins mine stopped and showed solid red and beeped constantly
FIX - I used a faster usb thumb drive, did nothing different, just formatted USB and uploaded the .bin file only. 7 minutes later green LED!

2: Update starts (4 beeps and blue led) After 6-8 mins mine stopped and showed solid white.
FIX - find and download gs_ofdm.bin file (found on FB inspire Facebook page) and insert via USB. You can then upload the new firmware as stated in 1 above.
2015-3-4
Use props
tyshearman
lvl.1

United States

before you try to reload the file plug your USB drive back into your PC and there will be a text file that was created.  delete any .txt files on the root of the drive.  when the update fails it will have a file that reads  fail- delete this file and try again.  Once I deleted my file and restarted my remote it started the update again
2015-3-4
Use props
jesper88
New

Sweden

Only solid red. I have tryed different usb sticks but nothing is happening at all.
Both remote left no txt on the stick after trying update. :/
2015-3-4
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules