Sea flight
671 5 2017-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
flyringsquirrel
lvl.1

United Kingdom

[size=14.6667px]I am going to take the bird over the seas today - Nothing extreme just a little ocean shoot.

[size=14.6667px]Any tips of how to get a nice photo in this environment?

2017-3-30
Use props
un hombre
lvl.2
Flight distance : 170830 ft
Ireland

From reading on the forum I have only one tip for you. If your drone starts auto landing over water, don't forget to switch it from P-mode to Sport mode, to cancel the auto land procedure...
2017-3-30
Use props
flyringsquirrel
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Haha that would be a problem Does sport mode disable auto land?
2017-3-30
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

You need to read more of this forum.  Very heavy discussions about the current state of auto-land.
2017-3-30
Use props
flyringsquirrel
lvl.1

United Kingdom

The problem with reading into issues is that there is always conflicting reports along with situational questions
2017-3-30
Use props
un hombre
lvl.2
Flight distance : 170830 ft
Ireland

flyringsquirrel Posted at 2017-3-30 05:09
The problem with reading into issues is that there is always conflicting reports along with situational questions

Well, there are no conflicting issues about that as we stand today. One of DJI lads admitted, that the only way to cancel auto land is to switch from P-mode to Sports mode - this will cancel the landing procedure. They should bring back the functionality in next firmware, where you can cancel the landing with "up/down" stick on your controller.

Anyway, from what I read and heard, you are better turning off ultrasound sensors on the bottom of the Mavic, when flying over water.

Until the auto land issue is resolved, I will be flying with "landing assist" option turned off and whenever I intend to fly over water, I will be turning off the bottom sensors on Mavic as well
2017-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules