Is there a way to fly in No Fly Zone?
1738 9 2017-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FotoSander
lvl.2
Flight distance : 416900 ft
Sweden

Had a job to photograph areal photos of a property and to do that I had to take off within 800m från the airport and to get the photo fly within 500m from the airport. The P4P would not take off so I lost a great deal of money for that missed job.

I'm in Sweden and had called the flight tower before who gave me a 20 min window to fly in.

Is there a way to fly anyway?
2017-4-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

If you are a commercial pilot you would know that you always have to get permission for controlled airspace, it shouldn't be that difficult, you contact the proper authorities submit your plan and timescale, then let ATC know your there, there are reasons why you have NFZ and maybe the airport may not be so busy, but without contacting ATC and checking Notams, you run an unnecessary risk of causing problems for yourself and others.

If it is a big job and lots of money, then it's worth it to go through the proper channels,
2017-4-2
Use props
FotoSander
lvl.2
Sweden

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-4-2 01:14
If you are a commercial pilot you would know that you always have to get permission for controlled airspace, it shouldn't be that difficult, you contact the proper authorities submit your plan and timescale, then let ATC know your there, there are reasons why you have NFZ and maybe the airport may not be so busy, but without contacting ATC and checking Notams, you run an unnecessary risk of causing problems for yourself and others.

If it is a big job and lots of money, then it's worth it to go through the proper channels,

I got the premissions needed here in Sweden but the DJI software would not let me fly.
2017-4-2
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I strongly recommend you get a P2V+ to deal with such situations.

http://www.dji.com/fly-safe/category-mc?www=v1
2017-4-2
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

how to unlock NFZ
2017-4-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

FotoSander Posted at 2017-4-2 03:07
I got the premissions needed here in Sweden but the DJI software would not let me fly.

Ok I wasn't to sure reading your post, on the app here first page you hit you will see a list of different stuff .

There is one I think it says UNLOCK NFZ APPLICATION, Click and you will get a link to apply to unlock your Aircraft from NFZ.

It's on the page where you click the me button.
2017-4-2
Use props
FotoSander
lvl.2
Sweden

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-4-2 03:15
Ok I wasn't to sure reading your post, on the app here first page you hit you will see a list of different stuff .

There is one I think it says UNLOCK NFZ APPLICATION, Click and you will get a link to apply to unlock your Aircraft from NFZ.

The unlocking system doesn't seem to be implemented for Sweden yet as far as I can see. :/
2017-4-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

FotoSander Posted at 2017-4-3 11:09
The unlocking system doesn't seem to be implemented for Sweden yet as far as I can see. :/

That's a bitch, how are the laws in Sweden, I'm heading over in may, is there big problems flying.
2017-4-3
Use props
FotoSander
lvl.2
Sweden

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-4-3 11:58
That's a bitch, how are the laws in Sweden, I'm heading over in may, is there big problems flying.

It's more or less illegal to use DJI products in Sweden if you live here as they can be used as surveillance equipment. It's a stupid law so no one follows it though.
2017-4-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

FotoSander Posted at 2017-4-2 03:07

Like others have mentioned, you can attempt to get it unlocked via the Geo System in the app. Worse case, you would email flysafe@dji.com to get permission.
2017-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules