I literally took it out of the box.............
1189 4 2014-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gwizz509
lvl.1

United States

Well the P2V+ came today. I literally made sure the battery had enough charge and paired it to the wi-fi and flew it. Now of course I made sure I calibrated it, and set the home point, as well as made sure I had 6 + sattelites (8 to be exact) but all in all......straight out of the box and flew. Stayed low and close to make sure it didn't fly away. lol.

Any suggestions on other things I need to do? I haven't updated any software or any of that stuff. I am brand new to the Phantom. I have heard that I should leave the software alone and just fly it like it is while learning. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
2014-10-9
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Personally I would do the firmware updates if needed.
But you seem to be doing alright on your own and have survived your first flight intact.
So just keep flying and learning as you go.
Well done...
2014-10-9
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2856060 ft
  • >>>
United States

Read, Watch Videos, and read some more. There are a few great Newbie threads on this forum, and thousands of great threads on other forums. I would get the most current firmware, if not already. Fly safely!
2014-10-9
Use props
Dragonrider
lvl.2

United States

Whew!  I have yet to purchase my Phantom Vision 2+ and have been lurking here doing my research and watching every video I can find to learn more about this drone.  I will be purchasing mine in a couple of months and it's nice to see someone say right out of the box it performed well.  As you can imagine I've seen LOTS of horror videos and heard the stories that go with them.  Last night I read a thread that a member posted regarding his flying procedures for every flight. Anyway, I am continuing my research.....it takes me a while to learn things.   
2014-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules