Travelling with DJI Mavic Pro to India
4601 8 2017-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pottsy
lvl.1
Australia

Hi, next month I will be flying from Australia to London, with a few hours stop-over in India.
I would like to take my DJI Mavic Pro with me to London, however I am unsure as to whether or not I will have any issues at Indian customs.

Has anyone had any trouble getting the DJI Mavic Pro through Indian customs? (I wont actually be going outside the airport at India - just trying to get to London with a stop-over in Delhi)

Thanks.

2017-4-3
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

If you need to go inside India (get out of customs, go back inside the airport, etc...) then you might have issues (drones are forbidden there) I suspect if you're just in a connecting flight, you will never go through customs/inmigration as technically you will never be in India , but in the international terminal, which is a different thing. I don't know any Indian airports, but most of the big ones are well prepared for connecting flights so you just get out of one plane and walk to the international departures terminal immediately
2017-4-3
Use props
Pottsy
lvl.1
Australia

CuaC Posted at 2017-4-3 22:25
If you need to go inside India (get out of customs, go back inside the airport, etc...) then you might have issues (drones are forbidden there) I suspect if you're just in a connecting flight, you will never go through customs/inmigration as technically you will never be in India , but in the international terminal, which is a different thing. I don't know any Indian airports, but most of the big ones are well prepared for connecting flights so you just get out of one plane and walk to the international departures terminal immediately

Hi CuaC,

Thanks for your reply. I'll try do some research on whether or not I'll actually have to go through Indian customs if it is just a connecting flight.

Cheers.
2017-4-3
Use props
travelrikk
Captain
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

CuaC Posted at 2017-4-3 22:25

What if someone is travelling long term with a drone and would like to visit India for like a month or so? Will customs confiscate the drone?
2017-4-3
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Germany

travelrikk Posted at 2017-4-3 23:15
What if someone is travelling long term with a drone and would like to visit India for like a month or so? Will customs confiscate the drone?

I know of a Spanish Youtuber that tried to get her drone to India (not knowing it was forbidden there) and she got it held by customs until she got out of the country. She never said if she had to pay for that, and of course she was returning from the same airport she arrived...
2017-4-3
Use props
travelrikk
Captain
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

CuaC Posted at 2017-4-3 23:35
I know of a Spanish Youtuber that tried to get her drone to India (not knowing it was forbidden there) and she got it held by customs until she got out of the country. She never said if she had to pay for that, and of course she was returning from the same airport she arrived...

Well I know youtubers who have a lot of India drone footage apparently. Check out Sam Kolder. (not saying I don't believe you but I have no idea how they managed to get drone in)
2017-4-4
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

travelrikk Posted at 2017-4-4 06:05
Well I know youtubers who have a lot of India drone footage apparently. Check out Sam Kolder. (not saying I don't believe you but I have no idea how they managed to get drone in)

If you know the right people and have $$$ you can get anything.
2017-4-4
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Germany

travelrikk Posted at 2017-4-4 06:05

I guess if you don't travel by plane or even if you do but you don't care about getting it confiscated you might take the risk (as it is the case for some of those rich kids on youtube) but still, they're not legal over there, so they can bring trouble when entering the country.

Check this site:  http://www.photozone.in/get-drone-released-indian-customs/

And this is from Feb 2017...
2017-4-4
Use props
djiuser_WEr1FRi7IhXi
New

Snapcity team is the finest and luxury wedding photography service provider whos services are rendered by the Best Wedding Photographers in Odisha , Odisha. Who provides all types of wedding and event related photography and videography services in Odisha and to near by cities and towns of odisha with a very reasonable price and customization in packages for both bride and groomto their clients. They specialize in candid wedding photography & cinematic wedding videography aor wedding films as everybody say.
Their Contact info:
SNAP CITY
Call: +91 7077044285
Email : mysnapcity@gmail.com
2019-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules