DJI using second-hand spare parts for warranty repairs?
1323 5 2017-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Peter Sam Sledg
lvl.1
Switzerland

I had to send in my brand new Mavic for warranty repair. The right side of the image was blurry, which seems to be a common issue.
The 3 weeks process was very painfull and the information given by DJI confusing and even contradictory. (I wont go into details for the moment)

The gimbal with camera was replaced.
But unpacking i discovered some dirty spots and/or scratches on the camera and the gimbal.
This pretty much looks like the parts of a crashed aircraft.

It looks like DJI is using second-hand spare parts.
Anyone can confirm that?

So far DJI refused to answer my question, whether they use second-hand spare parts for repairs and if this would be even allowed.

Thanks for your help

Screen Shot 2017-03-31 at 20.07.37 copy.jpg Screen Shot 2017-03-31 at 20.10.06.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-03-31 at 20.07.37 copy.jpg
2017-4-4
Use props
FrankTheTankk
lvl.1
United States

I doubt they are using second hand parts.

Not to defend DJI, but if they are fixing what I believe is a known issue to them at this point, they are likely using parts that have been manufactured to cure the blur defect.

That said, I'm not sure how using unverified second hand parts that may exhibit the same problem would help them in any way.

The important question here is did the new parts resolve your issue? Is everything working as intended? If so, I would consider yourself lucky and not worry about some cosmetic damage.
2017-4-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

This must be frustrating, Peter.  
Could you please provide me with your case number?
I'll help to look into it.
2017-4-4
Use props
Peter Sam Sledg
lvl.1
Canada

FrankTheTankk Posted at 2017-4-4 15:27
I doubt they are using second hand parts.

Not to defend DJI, but if they are fixing what I believe is a known issue to them at this point, they are likely using parts that have been manufactured to cure the blur defect.

Yes. Frank you are right. If everything works fine, i could be happy. Others report, that they still had the same problem (or even worse) after they send it to repair.
Haven't tested it completely yet. So far it looks fine.

But. This is a very strange story. And DJI refuses to give insight on what has happened.
So far the service has been lousy and the information provided contradictory.
And a spare part with marks on the outside might as well have issues on the insight. Maybe not at the moment, but if it is a used part (even from a crashed aircraft) It might also not last as long as a new part.
2017-4-5
Use props
Snap_Shot
lvl.2
United States

I get mine back tomorrow. I will let you know if I see the same thing
2017-4-5
Use props
Peter Sam Sledg
lvl.1
Switzerland

Whooowww...
DJI just confirmed in an Email, that they are using used second-hand spare parts.
I wrote a thread about it. But it was deleted 2 hours later.
This is incredibly awkward!
2017-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules