Mavic controller won't talk to DJI Go 4 app
1724 14 2017-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RqbwEB1vl0m7
New
United States

After Updating both Mavic and controller's firmware on DJI assistant for Mac, the controller will not talk to the app running on an iPhone 7s plus.

I can move the gimbal and turn on props with the controller, meaning that the controller and the Mavic are talking. However I cannot get past the welcome screen on the app and the status of the aircraft shows as disconnected.

I have been flying my Mavic frequently since December with no problem until now.    I have tried rebooting everything, uninstalling and installing the app several times and nothing seems to work.

can anybody help?
2017-4-8
Use props
quick_dry
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41526 ft
Australia

I had the same issue, I was plugged in via the bottom USB connector, then killed the app, connected via the side plug and restarted the app and after  few seconds it showed up connected. So basically, I have NFI what the actual issue was or how to fix it in a repeatable manner.
2017-4-8
Use props
lpoire
New
United States

I have tried both side port and bottom USB connector, multiple cables and even what quick_dry did.

still not past the main screen.
2017-4-8
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

1.Try to turn on the airplane mode
2. Format the micro SD card in the Mavic
3. Try to use the bottom usb port and make sure unplugged the side usb port
2017-4-8
Use props
AlainL
New
Flight distance : 2392 ft
United States

Same issue with DJI GO 4 with Mavic with iPhone 6s. It has been working for weeks, and now, NO WAY, cannot connect anymore!!!
Controller "talks" to Mavic, but the app refuses to connect with the controller.

Tried to reboot iPhone,
Used bottom USB connection.
Used iPhone sync cable.
Deinstalled/Reinstalled the application.
Cleared to cache.
Disconnected/Connected the cable.
Restarted Controller, App and Mavic in different sequences.

Net-net, always the same, GO 4 does not connect with the controller and I'm stuck ... and frustrated.

Any clue?
Any help appreciated. I'm running short in options ...
2017-4-8
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

AlainL Posted at 2017-4-8 19:42
Same issue with DJI GO 4 with Mavic with iPhone 6s. It has been working for weeks, and now, NO WAY, cannot connect anymore!!!
Controller "talks" to Mavic, but the app refuses to connect with the controller.

If you did not have any problem before, downgrade the AC / APP and see if it works again then you will know what causing the issue.
2017-4-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

lpoire Posted at 2017-4-8 08:19
I have tried both side port and bottom USB connector, multiple cables and even what quick_dry did.

still not past the main screen.

When connecting your phone with RC via bottom USB port, did you remove the side usb cable?
Could you please clarify your current DJI GO 4 version?
Besides, since the issue only happen after the update, please try to downgrade the firmware to see if there's any change.
2017-4-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

AlainL Posted at 2017-4-8 19:42

Do you have another mobile device to test with?
Just want to rule out if it's the issue with RC itself.
2017-4-8
Use props
AlainL
New
United States

>>>>>When connecting your phone with RC via bottom USB port, did you remove the side usb cable?
Yes. Absolutely.

>>>>>Could you please clarify your current DJI GO 4 version?
v4.0.6 (2855)

>>>>>Besides, since the issue only happen after the update, please try to downgrade the firmware to see if there's any change.
And how do I do that if the software does not connect?

>>>>>Do you have another mobile device to test with?
Yes. Pristine. Installed DJI Go 4, plugged it in. Connect immediately, fly! No brainer.
Seems something is busted with the iPhone 6S installation, and even uninstalling and reinstalling does not fix it.
I could reset the phone of course, but I rather not do that because I will be in hell in many other fronts ...
2017-4-9
Use props
bamaflier
lvl.1
Flight distance : 170341 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm having the exact issue. It started before the newest firmware. It was connecting fine one day and a few days later it no longer connects to the app. I've tried three different devices (iPhone 7 plus, iPad mini 4, and iPad Pro)  I've tried multiple cables using the bottom and side connector and it's still a no go. I then updated both the AC and RC to the newest firmware and it still persists. The strange thing is I tried to revert the RC back to factory default and it will not do it. It says Error-unable to restore to factory default. I also erased the iPad mini 4 and restored as new, installed the go4 app and still no go. I plan to call DJI tomorrow. I've only had the Mavic around 4 weeks and now this issue.
2017-4-9
Use props
Oien
lvl.1
Norway

I have a similar issue. The iPhone (7) loses connection with the RC during flight. Mavic is connected to RC and I can fly it. App is open but it connects/disconnects randomly. Customer service said it is happening because I’m flying in a cold environment… I do not think that’s the issue, seeing that the connection is cabled.

Would be really happy if someone has any clue as to what is causing this…
2017-4-10
Use props
bamaflier
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

UPDATE: I tried an older Samsung Tab 4 and it connects but when I try my iPad Pro, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad mini 4, and even an older iPhone 5s it will not connect. The strange thing is my P4P will connect to all devices with no problem. DJI please help!!
2017-4-10
Use props
bamaflier
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Finally spoke to DJI tech support after being on hold for over an hour and went through the troubleshooting and they told me to send in the controller.
2017-4-10
Use props
AlainL
New
United States

bamaflier Posted at 2017-4-10 11:36
Finally spoke to DJI tech support after being on hold for over an hour and went through the troubleshooting and they told me to send in the controller.

Believe it or not, but I upgraded my iOS 10.2.1 to the latest 10.3.1 recently prompted, and then after that everything works ...  Just that fixed it all in my case ... don't know what to say.
2017-4-11
Use props
AlainL
New
United States

AlainL Posted at 2017-4-11 20:47
Believe it or not, but I upgraded my iOS 10.2.1 to the latest 10.3.1 recently prompted, and then after that everything works ...  Just that fixed it all in my case ... don't know what to say.

Believe it or not, but I upgraded my iOS 10.2.1 to the latest 10.3.1 recently prompted, and then after that everything works ...  Just that fixed it all in my case ... don't know what to say
2017-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules