Floppy Gimbal Issue
1707 10 2017-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SteveLee
lvl.1
United Kingdom

This has probably been asked before but I can't find an answer.
My camera is always floppy on startup and during the flight it stays floppy. So, before every flight I have to calibrate the gimbal. It works perfectly well after I've done this but should I have to do it before every flight?

2017-4-10
Use props
Scott A
lvl.1
United States

I have a similar issue, calibration does not help.
2017-4-10
Use props
Scott A
lvl.1
United States

2017-4-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, do you see any physical damage to the ribbon cable? How long have you had this unit? Is this right out of the box, or after a firmware update or hard landing?
2017-4-10
Use props
dingo
New
Australia

I have a similar issue. When you start the drone it goes through the camera motions, up then down, but stays down and goes limp. I have tried changing all the electrical board in the gimbal setup but still no luck.
2017-4-11
Use props
SteveLee
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Never crashed. It's always had guided and soft landings. The ribbon and the unit look fine. At one time it was OK, then it wasn't. No logical season that I can think of. Hence the question.

Unlike Dingo above, mine does not go through the motions until I run through a gimbal calibration. Then its fine and works perfectly until the next switch on. It's not a massive problem but I wondered if there was a reason.
2017-4-11
Use props
Scott A
lvl.1
United States

I would bet it's a configuration file issue. The Go software is famous for not reading/writing it's config. If I set the units to Imperial, the max altitude and return altitude still read meters.
2017-4-11
Use props
SteveLee
lvl.1
United Kingdom

So, we haven't solved this issue between us then. We've quickly ran out of ideas and given up? No problem. I'll sort it elsewhere.

Thanks to all who tried to help.
2017-4-13
Use props
calls4u2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 211604 ft
United Kingdom

As Scott mentions, it could be a config file issue, try on another device or reinstall the dji go4 app. I'm assuming you didn't try this solution?
2017-4-13
Use props
SteveLee
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I've re-installed and it was successful. No more floppy gimbal.

Many thanks.
2017-4-14
Use props
Lucasb
New
Argentina

Scott A Posted at 2017-4-10 11:45

I have the same issue, no movement on startup and none on calibration. It fails every time. Brand new unit.
Thanks

LB
2017-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules