Cable for P3P 4K and iPhone 7 Plus
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tomdphoto99
New
United States

Greetings all...

I searched the forums first and didn't see anything relating to my question...

What cable are all of you using to connect your iPhone 7 Plus to the RC?

I bought an adapter for the supplied DJI cable, but I receive the message :

Cannot Use Device
DJI CONTROLLER: The connected device is not supported.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!!

-TomD
2017-4-11
Use props
PaulSouthport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1448799 ft
United Kingdom

A standard USB to lightning cable, as supplied with the phone to charge or sync it.

Are you sure it's a P3P?
2017-4-11
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Tom,

There is starting to be some confusion about the less popular P3 models.  The P3P (Phantom 3 Professional) is a different beast from the P3 4K.  The P3 4K has a wireless connection between the device (iPhone in your case) and the remote controller.  It also has a low resolution Live Screen display.  The P3P has a USB cable connecting the two.  It looks like your P3 is a Professional because you note the 4K.  The P3A (Advanced) is identical to the P3P but does not have the 4K (it has 2K).

Paul is giving you good advice about the Lightning Cable for your iPhone.  Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-4-11
Use props
tomdphoto99
New
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-4-11 15:19
Aloha Tom,

There is starting to be some confusion about the less popular P3 models.  The P3P (Phantom 3 Professional) is a different beast from the P3 4K.  The P3 4K has a wireless connection between the device (iPhone in your case) and the remote controller.  It also has a low resolution Live Screen display.  The P3P has a USB cable connecting the two.  It looks like your P3 is a Professional because you note the 4K.  The P3A (Advanced) is identical to the P3P but does not have the 4K (it has 2K).

Aloha back!  I apologize...I did not get a notification for your response...I'm having other drone issues and saw this! UGH!

I'm pretty sure I have a 4K as it says 4K on the fuselage...

The RC of the P3 4K has a Micro B USB port.

The RC of P3P has 2 USB ports : Micro B and Type B (I have both sitting next to me)
And we all know that the supplied iPhone cable is Lightning to Type B.

That's why I posted my question.  My 4K RC only has a Micro B, but the supplied cable with
the 4K is a Type B with a male Micro B (see attached)

Supplied cable with 4K Type B (left) and Micro B male (right)

Supplied cable with 4K Type B (left) and Micro B male (right)
2017-9-5
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

tomdphoto99 Posted at 2017-9-5 07:19
Aloha back!  I apologize...I did not get a notification for your response...I'm having other drone issues and saw this! UGH!

I'm pretty sure I have a 4K as it says 4K on the fuselage...

Aloha Tom,

From my understanding, the P3 4K is a WiFi based RC system and not cable based, just like the P3 Standard is WiFi based.  It will not work with a cable.  The top of page 27 of the P3 4K manual explains how to set up the WiFi system.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules