DJI carrying case and potential gimbal damage.
950 5 2017-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3604524b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1292067 ft
  • >>>
United States

The DJI carrying case supplied with the Phantom 4 Pro needs to be packed and unpacked in order to prevent damage to the drone. If you attempt to remove the drone while the controller is in the case, the camera nose grinds and bends past the support for the display on the controller, putting potentially damaging stress on the camera gimbal, like it did mine. Solution: Remove the controller from the case FIRST, then remove the drone, then vice-versa- put the drone into the case, THEN carefully place the controller in the case.

2017-4-11
Use props
GreenHornet55
lvl.2
Flight distance : 213222 ft
United States

Agreed, first time I loaded my P4P back into the case I learned this.  It's like anything else there is an order of operations. Not any bigger deal than putting on you socks before your shoes!
2017-4-11
Use props
MightyMoze2020
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

GreenHornet55 Posted at 2017-4-11 14:49
Agreed, first time I loaded my P4P back into the case I learned this.  It's like anything else there is an order of operations. Not any bigger deal than putting on you socks before your shoes!

Good point.  Thanks GreenHornet55!
2017-4-11
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Yep, I found this out on first opening, as the camera literally thumped against the RC if you didn't get the order right. Not good to knock a trussed up camera too often...
I found exactly the same issue with the backpack I'd bought originally for my P4, so I bought another, different backpack specifically for the P4P.I researched packs with an air gap in front of the larger P4P camera - harder to find than you'd think...
2017-4-11
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1064780 ft
United Kingdom

I had a spare P4 foam case and got the hobby knife on it so I can easily remove the drone without having to remove the control first, if I can modify the case with a hobby knife surely the designers should have been able to do the same.
2017-4-11
Use props
MightyMoze2020
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Good idea snowwolfwarrior! Thanks for the suggestion!
2017-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules