Going to buy a new tablet just for my Mavic pro
1437 12 2017-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4648ac67
New

United States

samsung galaxy A 7.0 model# sm-t280nzkaxar. And was wondering how well it works with the DJI Mavic pro
2017-4-12
Use props
Deepfreeze
lvl.4
Canada

My Tab A had disconnection issues/stuttering display. Switched to a Tab s2 and all was good.
2017-4-12
Use props
Marty Markoe
First Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

My Samsung Tab A 8 inch does not work with a Mavic. It also must be started from scratch as last step when using the Phantom.
Marty
2017-4-12
Use props
Miguel_R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1662411 ft
United States

If you're buying an android base tablet you should take a look at the Nvidia shield K1 this tablet works well as long as you don't update the tablet to android 7.0 nougat
2017-4-12
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13442 ft
United States

Miguel_R Posted at 2017-4-12 04:47
If you're buying an android base tablet you should take a look at the Nvidia shield K1 this tablet works well as long as you don't update the tablet to android 7.0 nougat

With the new update I am not having any crashes with my Shield and 7.0.  However if I was to start from scratch I would probably get a iPad mini 4, used with cellular you can get for a little more than a Shield.
Regards,
-d.
2017-4-12
Use props
Silverado101980
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5858166 ft
United States

I love my shield k1 wish it was just a little brighter but I just toss a towel over my head or turn my body to block the sun not a real deal breaker and Is cheap and and is you take the micro SD card out of the Mavic and stick it in the shield it will playback the 4k video out the HDMI port to a TV perfect ... It will down grade it to 1080p but it still plays it perfectly
2017-4-12
Use props
Shamus
lvl.1
United States

I was given a new Android tablet by a friend for use with my Mavic. The experience was bad enough to justify the purchase of an iPad mini. It works flawlessly.

From what I've read, iPad or Shield are the best options.
2017-4-12
Use props
tumad
lvl.1
South Africa

Don't bother with tablets, holders, goggles. I tried the lot, have Nvidea Shield, Samsung Tab S2, S7 Edge.. Last one is least hassles and works the best and most portable.. Been there done that..
If you're battling to see the phone just get some +1 glasses and all is sorted.. Bright screen and it just works...
2017-4-12
Use props
K4Unl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122175 ft
Netherlands

Definately go for the Shield K1.. Just don't update it to android 7
2017-4-12
Use props
fansa0e45620
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I used iPad Pro with mine, excellent performance and stability
2017-4-12
Use props
Miguel_R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1662411 ft
United States

bunny too Posted at 2017-4-12 04:56
With the new update I am not having any crashes with my Shield and 7.0.  However if I was to start from scratch I would probably get a iPad mini 4, used with cellular you can get for a little more than a Shield.
Regards,
-d.

that's good to hear that you're not having any more problems after the latest upgrade to dji go4 app, hopefully that continues to be the case. I will wait a bit longer to update the shield to nougat, as it is right now it runs extremely well and i don't want to go through the hassle of downgrading it if the problem with nougat has not been resolved.
2017-4-12
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13442 ft
United States

Miguel_R Posted at 2017-4-12 07:15
that's good to hear that you're not having any more problems after the latest upgrade to dji go4 app, hopefully that continues to be the case. I will wait a bit longer to update the shield to nougat, as it is right now it runs extremely well and i don't want to go through the hassle of downgrading it if the problem with nougat has not been resolved.

Definitely wait, you will get no benefit from upgrading and it is a pain to downgrade.  Good call.
Regards,
-d.
2017-4-12
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

you should consider iPad mini 4
2017-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now