new update
2214 13 2015-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jak00
lvl.2
Flight distance : 93907 ft
United States

This new update is very odd, not sure it took or not. But now I don't have a battery percentage showing up under the bar for the aircraft battery?  And what are the improvements on this update? User friendly is not the word of the day.
2015-3-1
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

Could you post a screen shot?
Here are major updates ↓
release note.jpg
2015-3-1
Use props
jak00
lvl.2
United States

Here are some pic's
20150302_074019.jpg
20150302_074131.jpg
20150302_074149.jpg
20150302_074259.jpg
20150302_074604.jpg
2015-3-2
Use props
alexmarnas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 606237 ft
France

I think that the number under the bar, you are looking for is actually the flight time remaining and not the battery percentage. Forget me if I did not understand what you meant but I think it is.
2015-3-2
Use props
jak00
lvl.2
United States

I believe you are correct on that. All the same it is blank all the time since latest update.I also noticed that in the battery history it is red since update and before it was green.
2015-3-2
Use props
jak00
lvl.2
United States

jak00 Posted at 2015-3-3 04:52
I believe you are correct on that. All the same it is blank all the time since latest update.I also  ...

Anyone have an idea  on this?
2015-3-2
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

Yes it indicates the flight time remaining. Mins on the left and Secs on the right.
And the red font is designed purposely like this. I don't know why....
2015-3-3
Use props
jak00
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-3-3 21:13
Yes it indicates the flight time remaining. Mins on the left and Secs on the right.
And the red fon ...

OK, so why is there no flight time showing up? I have been up for 4 12 min. flights and it is blank every time sense the new update? it was working before the latest update. I am using a nexus 9 and sony Z3 also have tried my S4 all with the same outcome, no flight time in that area located on the pic.
20150302_074131.jpg
2015-3-3
Use props
larry.crim
lvl.2

United States

Not sure why it is so difficult to update the firmware and verify it. I updated mine last night and nothing went as the instructions said.  The RC update just beeped for 45 min I finally shut it down when I viewed the text file it said that it failed, I formatted the card and tried again and the text file said that the firmware was the same or newer than the one on the card, I then updated the controller using the USB and camera slot did nothing so I used a card reader, it did the blue light and stopped but the text file said rejected nothing else after this the remote connected to the RC, I updated the slave remote and it did not display the blue light but it did update and the text file said successful.  So not really sure what the status is of the updates but I wish someone could post screen shots of what versions should show when you check them.  And DJI please figure out a better way of doing this, I really don't feel comfortable putting a 3K bird in the air not feeling 100% that the update took correctly.
2015-3-3
Use props
larry.crim
lvl.2

United States

Jak, not sure if this makes a difference but the instructions say you need to update the firmware for the batteries and should leave the bin file on the card for this so maybe your firmware was just updated on the battery that was in the bird when you completed and not any of the others assuming you have extra batteries, I'll check mine when I get home and see if it is the same as yours.
2015-3-3
Use props
CrabHawk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can't understand why people are still having problems.
From start to finish it took 14 minutes and I was up flying and the bird is flying better than ever!
(I almost would prefer no more upgrades myself because it seems perfect now) Sorry you guys are still struggling.
2015-3-3
Use props
xzces
lvl.3
Flight distance : 81526 ft
  • >>>
Suriname

I believe the flight time gets updated in flight. Kinda like the mpg display on your car. Once you reset it, you have to wait a while for it to give a reading.

Personally for me the upgrade went pretty smooth. Tx took almost twice as long as the aircraft itself, but in the end I was finished within half an hour. Make sure to check the txt file on the card, that will give you a status of the update.

Also, don't turn on the tx while updating the inspire or the other way around. Just let it sit there do its thing and wait patiently. You will hear the changed beep sequence once install is finished. Make sure to delete the txt file before upgrading the second tx if you have one!
2015-3-3
Use props
Qnext
lvl.1
Flight distance : 70705 ft
United States

Me too, went flawless and quick.
Usually the problem is the user doing something out of sequence.
Or forgetting to update the controllers
Or trying to update the controllers with a USB drive formatted in NTFC, and having no idea it has to be FAT.
Etc..
Best advice ... read everything, every forum, watch every video.. get your own mind smarter and up to date first.
2015-3-3
Use props
jak00
lvl.2
United States

Qnext Posted at 2015-3-4 01:55
Me too, wet flawless and quick.
Usually the problem is the user doing something out of sequence.
Or  ...

So it looks like 30% of the people updating this time had it good and the other 70% of us are challenged by this update that does not react per instructions ??? {:2_27:}   
2015-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules