Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Care - Mavic dropped in to the sea
7312 5 2017-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkyMavic
lvl.2
Germany

Hello everyone.

Because this is the faster way than contact DJI Support. I got a question about DJI Care after my Mavic has crashed into the sea.

My Mavic landad it into the sea. I really dont know why because all sensors was turned on. I did crash in to the wather. The sea is deep about 30 meters (98feet) where it crashed. I can not dive after it because it is not allowed diving at this area. The water is to dirty to see something. You can only see 10 centimeters far. (0,32 feet). (So i can not dive there illegal... )

So: My Mavic is lost in the water and i can not get it back.

I have got active DJI Care. Is there a way that I can  get a new Mavic when I do contact DJI without having my Mavic?

Best greetings from Germany
SkyMavic

Dear Customers,

Christmas is almost here, and DJI has an amazing gift for you! DJI Care Refresh now covers accidental water damage!

From now on, if your aircraft is damaged by water during normal use and you have DJI Care Refresh, it can be replaced. Please contact DJI Support via http://www.dji.com/support, TEL and ONLINE SUPPORT are preferred. If you have previously purchased DJI Care Refresh but were either unable to replace an aircraft or had to pay an additional charge due to water damage, contact us to arrange a refund.

Refund requests will be processed in three to five days.

Happy holidays everyone! For more details about DJI Care Refresh, visit http://www.dji.com/service/djicare-refresh.

23、What conditions are not covered by DJI Care?

Damage due to the following reasons are not covered by DJI Care:

1)        Lost or partially lost aircraft and accessories.                <--

2)        Stolen or abandoned aircraft and accessories.               <--
3)        Damage caused by flight under unsuitable flight conditions.  
4)        Any repair fees resulting from or following water damage.
5)        Repair fees for battery, propellers, remote controller or other accessories.  
6)        Deliberate losses.

2017-4-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

The only way you would have any cover is by warranty, to obtain this you would have to show AC malfunction.
You should have logs on your app, which you should sync to the dji cloud, you can also upload your logs to phantomhelp, and some guys here might help you to discover what might have happened.

Link to phantomhelp.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2017-4-12
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

If it is user error then you need your aircraft to use DJI Care, if not you will need to upload the flight log and it will have to prove there was a malfunction, then they would probably send you a new one.

Most likely this is user error so you would need to get the mavic back...

Sorry for your loss..
2017-4-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

You need to contact support and start a case# but you cannot get Care Refresh as the aircraft has to be sent into DJI for that program.
If it's proven malfunction then DJI will assist you. If it's proven pilot error then you will have to purchase another aircraft. They will review the flight from your synced flight logs in your DJI account.
I'm sorry you lost it, here is the link to get started.
http://www.dji.com/support
2017-4-12
Use props
SkyMavic
lvl.2
Germany

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-4-12 10:49
You need to contact support and start a case# but you cannot get Care Refresh as the aircraft has to be sent into DJI for that program.
If it's proven malfunction then DJI will assist you. If it's proven pilot error then you will have to purchase another aircraft. They will review the flight from your synced flight logs in your DJI account.
I'm sorry you lost it, here is the link to get started.

Thank you for your quick answer. Then I need to contact support... But one question...

"if it is proven pilot error then you  will..."

For my help... If i did fail I do have to buy a new one. OK... But then I do not understand the FAQ about DJI Care...

23、What conditions are not covered by DJI Care?
Damage due to the following reasons are not covered by DJI Care:
1)        Lost or partially lost aircraft and accessories.
2)        Stolen or abandoned aircraft and accessories.
3)        Damage caused by flight under unsuitable flight conditions.
4)        Any repair fees resulting from or following water damage.
5)        Repair fees for battery, propellers, remote controller or other accessories.
6)        Deliberate losses.
7)        Abrasions and shell damage that do not affect the performance of the aircraft.
8)        Direct or indirect losses caused by force majeure.
9)        Repair requests for damage incurred outside the period of validity.
10)        Indirect loss and/or anticipated profit in any form.
11)        Extra fees resulting from technical enhancements or performance improvements.
12)        Personal injury and/or property loss to the customer or any other people caused by the aircraft.
13)        Any legal fees related to DJI Care’s warranty coverage.

and is not me as the pilot when i did fail an operator error?

2017-4-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

SkyMavic Posted at 2017-4-12 12:56
Thank you for your quick answer. Then I need to contact support... But one question...

"if it is proven pilot error then you  will..."

That states what's not covered by DJI Car Refresh.
Number 1 states lost aircraft. Your aircraft is lost in the ocean so that means it would not be covered by Care Refresh.
2017-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules