Phantom 4 descending slow for landing, is this normal?
1847 9 2017-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DiscoDracky
lvl.1
Flight distance : 477448 ft
Philippines

I have notice, that my phantom 4 is decending slower than my pahantom 3 advance, is this normal?, hope to hear your inputs thanks
2017-4-12
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Descending slower on RTH? Certainly mine drops very fast when I want it to and I'm doing it manually...
Regardless, does the P3A have VPS and the sonic sensors (which the P4 does have)? Perhaps that's why?
2017-4-12
Use props
DiscoDracky
lvl.1
Philippines

i land my P4 manually, if is in pmode it ascend sower than my p3A, i check my firmware and it still running on its current update,  since its new, haven't tried RTH.  
2017-4-12
Use props
DiscoDracky
lvl.1
Philippines

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-4-12 21:46
Descending slower on RTH? Certainly mine drops very fast when I want it to and I'm doing it manually...
Regardless, does the P3A have VPS and the sonic sensors (which the P4 does have)? Perhaps that's why?

just a bit off when it comes to landing, but not sure if this is a safety feature of the phantom 4, it really approaches 2m 2.5 meter when landing, i have check my firmware, I'm currently running on it updated lat november   
2017-4-12
Use props
filippog
Second Officer
Flight distance : 252516 ft
Italy

It happens to me with my pH 4, but not always. I can not find the solution and the reasons when it starts now and then very slowly landing. I do not think that would depend on Dji Go 4, perhaps by different climatic factors can influence.
Forgive my bad Inglese
2017-4-12
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

It should descend at about 3.0 m/s in Auto landing, same as a P3, if you pull the throttle down then it may speed up a little, manual landing is similar.
In sport mode it should descend at around 4.0 m/s, including in Auto landing if you pull the throttle down - make sure you release the throttle before you hit the ground though!

It may be affected by wind, especially if it is gusty.
2017-4-13
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
United Kingdom

filippog Posted at 2017-4-12 22:07
It happens to me with my pH 4, but not always. I can not find the solution and the reasons when it starts now and then very slowly landing. I do not think that would depend on Dji Go 4, perhaps by different climatic factors can influence.
Forgive my bad Inglese

Have you checked the VPS height?  if it is seeing the ground when it is still a long way up then it may slow down...
2017-4-13
Use props
Sprtbkrydr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3777011 ft
United States

I think it does that so it can spot the dog poop on the ground.
2017-4-13
Use props
DiscoDracky
lvl.1
Philippines

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-4-13 01:08
Have you checked the VPS height?  if it is seeing the ground when it is still a long way up then it may slow down...

Hi Nigel, I think it slows down when reaching 30m or less, I'm not sure if this is DJI new safety for the P4. How ever comparing it with my P3 advance, the P4 approaches slower
2017-4-13
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DiscoDracky Posted at 2017-4-13 15:49
Hi Nigel, I think it slows down when reaching 30m or less, I'm not sure if this is DJI new safety for the P4. How ever comparing it with my P3 advance, the P4 approaches slower

Nothing wrong with being cautious!

If you can see that it is safe to descend fast then pull the throttle down and it should come down quick.
2017-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules