Activating the microphone on P4P + controller
2313 5 2017-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wataero
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1719619 ft
United States

Does anyone know how to turn on the microphone on the Pro + controller?  I want to narrate videos with the settings I am using for each flight but can't find any mention in manual of how to turn it on and off.

2017-4-13
Use props
fansb2edd25e
lvl.3
Flight distance : 736775 ft
United States

I'm not sure about the 4+, but on the p4p, in go pro 4,  if you go into general settings, there's a slider you can turn on or off . It's called "Record Audio with Video Cache"  

2017-4-13
Use props
DanbyUrgess
Second Officer
United States

Another option is to record to a portable recorder as you watch your monitor, with a headphone microphone, then put them together in editing, along with mixed music if desired?
2017-4-18
Use props
wataero
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1719619 ft
United States

fansb2edd25e Posted at 2017-4-13 14:34
I'm not sure about the 4+, but on the p4p, in go pro 4,  if you go into general settings, there's a slider you can turn on or off . It's called "Record Audio with Video Cache"

Too bad there is no such option in the GO app on the P4P+ controller.  I am more and more regretting getting the controller with the built in display.  The GO app on the android OS is unstable and 3 updates behind the apple version.  I really like the brighter screen but not if app keeps crashing.  
2017-4-22
Use props
Jay Starks
New
Flight distance : 23825 ft
Canada

I was wondering the same thing couldn't find the option in the settings... Now i know it just doesn't exist on the + model....
Like you @wataro sometimes i regret buying the + model but i too love that bright screen and no wires
2017-4-28
Use props
paul1956
lvl.2
Flight distance : 838228 ft
  • >>>
United States

I also regret buying the +model. The bright screen and wireless is great but the limitations of the o/s sucks. We're limited to the Go app which crashes constantly in the "draw" mode, no audio record... I also have a Phantom 4 that I use with an iPad Air 2 which is great. I like the larger screen and the ability to use 3rd part apps. (The Litchi app is a great app). The only drawback is the screen brightness but using a screen hood helps a lot. I considering returning the P4P + and purchasing the P4P and use my iPad.
2017-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules