Video and flight data dropping out soon after powering up.
656 5 2017-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WCBM
lvl.1
Canada

Anyone experience the wifi communication link to get worse to the point where it's disconnected even after attempting a relink?

I noticed even at the splash screen of DjiGo, it would flash between Inspite-1 How to connect and Connect with P3S. Going back and forth as often as ten or more times a minute. This was happening even before the first flight and updating.

I would at times have a video link for about ten minutes than it would quit, but still would have flight data. Then it would be back, then I'd loose both video and data. Never lost control of flying. Each time I would fly it seems that the video link is becoming shorter in duration and the data is blacking out almost as frequent. Sometimes I don't get a video signal at all. Today after about five minutes or so in flight I had a complete disconnect. I got the gimbal recording at the very start while I had the connection. The video showed no signs of related issue. Currently running 3.1.5 and 1.8.10 (android), the problem was already obvious before I did the update and hoped the update would cure, nope. The update I believe went in clean cuz I had no errors or issues, it updated first try. Even powering down everything and restarting in most cases didn't change anything. Even took my Android table away from the controller to see if it helped, nope. Moved the antenna to every position, nope. I'm at a bit of a loss here one what to do. Any ideas?

Lately, don't have to be flying anymore. The video and data link degrades seemly during warming up.
2017-4-13
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Removing the app and reinstall sometimes help. Restart your device after remove.
2017-4-13
Use props
WCBM
lvl.1
Canada

I have re-installed the app a couple of times already with no success. As it stands right now, I get every wifi related message. Disconnected, weak signal, no video transmitted, remote controller bla bla bla....
Am thinking of switching from Samsung Tab A 7, to maybe an Ipad mini. The weak signal and remote controller messages had been present before activating the drone. Hoped this was related to not being activated yet. However I have found out that the Samsung can generate it's own noise that may possibly interfere with the wifi connection. Just strange that the problem mostly occurs after a couple minutes after being turned on and sometimes happens at turn-on.
2017-4-14
Use props
WCBM
lvl.1
Canada

Just performed an experiment. Took a Rubbermaid container and a block of wood and propped up the Samsung Tab. Kept the controller at least 12" away or more. The problem was practically gone. The only warning I had occurred after shutting off the drone the third time while everything else was still powered on to change a gimbal filter-lens. The warning was Image Transmission Weak. Now the most important point learned. While the drone was hovering, I put the Samsung Tab into the controller bracket. Almost before I got my hands off the bracket the wifi disconnected. I then took the Tab off and had to return to home page of DJI app, re-selected the P3S and the video link was restored. At no time I turned off the app. The Samsung Tab is it's own problem.
2017-4-14
Use props
JoeO
lvl.2

United States

WCBM Posted at 2017-4-14 15:16
Just performed an experiment. Took a Rubbermaid container and a block of wood and propped up the Samsung Tab. Kept the controller at least 12" away or more. The problem was practically gone. The only warning I had occurred after shutting off the drone the third time while everything else was still powered on to change a gimbal filter-lens. The warning was Image Transmission Weak. Now the most important point learned. While the drone was hovering, I put the Samsung Tab into the controller bracket. Almost before I got my hands off the bracket the wifi disconnected. I then took the Tab off and had to return to home page of DJI app, re-selected the P3S and the video link was restored. At no time I turned off the app. The Samsung Tab is it's own problem.

WCBM
Sounds like a problem I had with my Galaxy Tab A. Here is my link.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-90848-1-1.html
Joe
2017-4-15
Use props
WCBM
lvl.1
Canada

JoeO Posted at 2017-4-15 06:07
WCBM
Sounds like a problem I had with my Galaxy Tab A. Here is my link.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-90848-1-1.html

Yup, Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 for me. It was the biggest one I could find that would Just fit the bracket. However I had to remove the rubber pads from the bracket to stop it from spitting out the Tab.
2017-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules